by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (degenerate_762, AndrewAMD), 877 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: BIG Problem [Re: xXxGuitar511] #144157
07/29/07 17:02
07/29/07 17:02
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

If you are stuck with a trial version of A6 but have access to some of the files from a previous unlocked version of A6, maybe you just need the following?
(Similar to the contents of an old key.exe extract-n-replace file?)
*acknex.exe (from an earlier unlocked A6 version)?
*ackutl.dll (from an earlier unlocked A6 version)?
*password.txt
Try to replace acknex.exe and ackutl.dll from the trial version with the acknex.exe and ackutl.dll from an earlier unlocked A6 version. Then try to dump password.txt into the 3DGS install folder.
If this works, and something similar probably should, you might want to create a directory called key, in your 3DGS archive folder, and dump the relevant files from the latest version you are currently using into that key directory for future backup purposes. I suppose then, you might try to find the time to burn such backup material to disc later, or copy it to a backup drive.

Re: BIG Problem [Re: testDummy] #144158
07/29/07 19:24
07/29/07 19:24
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands

There is no use in copying password.txt to your GStudio6 directory. You only need this file for when you are going to download the updates from Conitec website. Don't understand what you mean with generating your own keys. That is really not possible. Also the current price is $25.- USD for a new key. Consider it as a administration fee. In the end you are responsible for backing up your digital goods.

* Newer A6 updates don't use the bin directory anymore. acknex.exe and ackutl.dll go in GStudio6's root directory.

smile
Re: BIG Problem [Re: Orange Brat] #144159
07/29/07 20:21
07/29/07 20:21
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

ok well i lost the key but i still have the password file.

If you still have your original password file, then why don't you just "rebuild" the key file as stated in one of my earlier posts (I quoted how to do it from the support page):

Quote:

A. If you still have a valid Gamestudio installation, you can re-build your key file. It's a ZIP archive containing the files password.txt, ackutl.dll, bin\ackutl.dll, and bin\acknex.exe in your Gamestudio folder. You can find your password in the password.txt file.

I've never had to do this, but if those are the files required to unlock the demo, then why not reinstall an old copy of the demo (don't use the newest demo) and copy the files from that ZIP over to the 3DGS root folder? Of course, this is assuming you still have your old installation that once worked correctly and those files are present.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: BIG Problem [Re: Orange Brat] #144160
07/29/07 20:38
07/29/07 20:38
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

Yes, I am well aware that it may not be necessary to copy password.txt to the 3DGS install folder.
I did not do thorough testing and examination in this case, or at least I'm claiming that I have not.
The 'dated', pseudo-accurate information I provided was from memory, two constructed key files found in a 3DGS archive directory, and at least one source.
This is the source 'remembered':
Quoting jcl (Conitec) from how do I get my key.exe again...
Quote:

However, if your password.txt still exists and you still have the files ackutl.dll and bin\acknex.exe in your Gamestudio folder, you can re-create your key yourself. It's just a ZIP archive containing those 3 files.

This is only slightly different from the quote posted by Orange Brat.

In reference to the jumbo-sized icon image, yes, I believe that is correct, the directory / file structure of an old key.exe might 'accurately' be:
Code:

ackutl.dll
ackwed.dta
bin\
acknex.exe
ackutl.dll
ms\
cpi01.dll
password.txt

This is outdated information...!?

Re: BIG Problem [Re: Orange Brat] #144161
07/29/07 22:31
07/29/07 22:31
J
jermaine Offline OP
jermaine  Offline OP
J

Quote:

Quote:

ok well i lost the key but i still have the password file.

If you still have your original password file, then why don't you just "rebuild" the key file as stated in one of my earlier posts (I quoted how to do it from the support page):

Quote:

A. If you still have a valid Gamestudio installation, you can re-build your key file. It's a ZIP archive containing the files password.txt, ackutl.dll, bin\ackutl.dll, and bin\acknex.exe in your Gamestudio folder. You can find your password in the password.txt file.

I've never had to do this, but if those are the files required to unlock the demo, then why not reinstall an old copy of the demo (don't use the newest demo) and copy the files from that ZIP over to the 3DGS root folder? Of course, this is assuming you still have your old installation that once worked correctly and those files are present.

I said tried that but i get a cannot compile script error.
But I dont really care no longer, I'm not paying $25 Dollars to use software I already bought.
I know yall trying get as much profit as yall can but you are not getting anything else from me.

I can get some of the same results from other engines.

But like I said Thanks for the little help I did ask for, when i was here. But I'm done here.

Thanks Again

Re: BIG Problem [Re: jermaine] #144162
07/29/07 22:44
07/29/07 22:44
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
You don't compile a script it's just copy the files to another directory and create a archive. Anyways sorry to see your getting all upset because of your own mistake. Guess when you buy a car and loose your keys, you must pay for them too. You think because it's just software it can be created again and again, but someone must do that work and that someone needs to get paid

While I fully understand the "I already paid" part of your story. You forget you've also received your software and key after payment. What you do with it is your responsibility. Nobody here is trying to make as much profit as they can from you. The only people responding atm are members and they try to help.

Have you tried to call/fax/email support about this? Maybe Conitec can help you without the payment if you explain in detail what happend and that you can't afford to pay another $25.- USD. I'm not saying they will do so, but if you have not tried yet. You might want do this before giving up so soon.

smile
Re: BIG Problem [Re: D3D] #144163
07/30/07 01:27
07/30/07 01:27
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

I know yall trying get as much profit as yall can but you are not getting anything else from me.

No one here is making a profit. We're users, not employees.

I've provided the answer on how to obtain your key.exe file, for free, two times, now. Copy the files mentioned in the "rebuild your key" quote above into another folder and create a self-extracting (meaning it'll be an EXE file) zip archive called key. If you copy the correct files, you should have a brand new key.exe and for free.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: BIG Problem [Re: Orange Brat] #144164
07/30/07 02:05
07/30/07 02:05
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Just tested it out and it worked, not a prob.
However, the copies I had made when I compiled my 'home made' key turned the 6.40 demo into 6.60 full!
You might want to have a fresh set of files to make your own key file if you wanted to upgrade to a downgrade

Re: BIG Problem [Re: Orange Brat] #144165
07/30/07 02:08
07/30/07 02:08
J
jermaine Offline OP
jermaine  Offline OP
J

@ D3D
I have a house and multiple sets of keys for it.I take care of the keys to my house, better then a keyfile sorry.
I just didnt think I would need the keyfile after I used it. And If I did Thats why I kept the email.

Also I apologize if I am sounding ignorant, just a little upset.
Anyway Thanks for allthe feedback I will try the advaice above, again I maybe doing something wrong.

Thanks again

Re: BIG Problem [Re: jermaine] #144166
07/30/07 05:20
07/30/07 05:20
SC, United States
xXxGuitar511 Offline
Expert
xXxGuitar511  Offline
Expert

SC, United States
I just lost my username/password...

Is there a fee to get this. I don't need the keyfile as i can build one myself (i have a valid install :b )

...I'd like to be able to download the updates when they come

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  old_bill, Tobias 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de