by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, bigsmack, 7th_zorro, dr_panther), 1,364 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: WII play : [Re: rvL_eXile] #145909
10/06/07 09:55
10/06/07 09:55
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
Quote:

2 Weeks ago i player Super Mario Party (fu** dont know the Number ), this was Funny, i plaed it with my sister and a Friend.
Wii Sports is really great, but if u have played Baseball too muhc uve become (mhh dont know the English word for "Muskelkater").
I think the Wii is a Fun Console, but to mess up with other like XBox360 or PS3, ill give it the third Rank...

cYa Sebastian

mario party 8 is the newest on wii

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: WII play : [Re: Helghast] #145910
10/06/07 14:14
10/06/07 14:14
Hrvatska (Croatia ), Slavonski...
cro_games Offline
User
cro_games  Offline
User

Hrvatska (Croatia ), Slavonski...
Wii is the coolest console ever!
Nintendo rule!!!

Last edited by cro_games; 10/06/07 14:17.

Hello everyone my name is Ivan Mandic from "Frozen pixel studio". wink
-----------------------------------
Homepage: www.fpx-studio.com
e-mail: emu_hunter_1990@hotmail.com
(working on a game engine)
Re: WII play : [Re: rvL_eXile] #145911
10/09/07 10:05
10/09/07 10:05
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Quote:

I think the Wii is a Fun Console, but to mess up with other like XBox360 or PS3, ill give it the third Rank...

This is only true for hardcore-gamers. But if you play in the living room with the entire family then the PS3 has no chance at the moment. Because of that the Wii sells much better than PS3 or XBOX360 at the moment.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: WII play : [Re: Machinery_Frank] #145912
10/09/07 10:22
10/09/07 10:22
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
i played the demo rub-a-dub-duck or something like that on my ps3 today and it reminded me of Wii, because it basically revolved around the sixaxis-motion-stuff. heaps of fun though. and it has insane water physics and really good graphics that you wouldn't see on a Wii.

that game to me is somewhat analogous to the Wii -- i'm not getting one because despite the simple and involving fun, the novelty wears off faster than i'd like. and at the moment i'm somewhere between a casual gamer and hardcore gamer -- i haven't sat down and played a game for more than half an hour in months because i'm too busy.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: WII play : [Re: JibbSmart] #145913
10/09/07 15:43
10/09/07 15:43
hamburg
Samb Offline
Serious User
Samb  Offline
Serious User

hamburg
@julzmighty
welcome in the world of "not knowing everything"
Wii is MUCH more than "six axis motion sensoring".
its the way you hold it, its the pointer to point on the screen, its the small amount of buttons and the many uses of the wiimote.
and that duck minigame for the PS3 IS a mini game for the PS3
you can't say "oh, that duck game was fun but got boring after a while, I will never play excite truck or wii sports on the wii, because it must get boring like that duck game".
no no no no, sir. if you wanna talk about the wii than you have to player the wii

Re: WII play : [Re: Samb] #145914
10/10/07 00:19
10/10/07 00:19
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:

@julzmighty
welcome in the world of "not knowing everything"
Wii is MUCH more than "six axis motion sensoring".
its the way you hold it, its the pointer to point on the screen, its the small amount of buttons and the many uses of the wiimote.
and that duck minigame for the PS3 IS a mini game for the PS3
you can't say "oh, that duck game was fun but got boring after a while, I will never play excite truck or wii sports on the wii, because it must get boring like that duck game".
no no no no, sir. if you wanna talk about the wii than you have to player the wii

lol as much as you're right about all those things, i already knew them. and i have played the wii. borrowed one from a friend for a while. played them at friend's houses.

i was firstly just pointing out that the duck minigame for the PS3 has a style and atmosphere that is usually associated with the wii -- it's cute, cartoony, simple to control, and fun (though it seems i didn't actually say that... bugger.)

i haven't played excite truck, though. and i would like to. my brother's considering buying a wii when super smash bros brawl comes out, depending on how well it lives up to the series' reputation. if he does, i'll probably chip in with him, coz it wouldn't cost much and there are lots of fun things on the wii.

i didn't intentionally imply that the wii is just six-axis-motion-sensoring -- that's a description of the PS3's motion-sensing capabilities.

perhaps when i get the opportunity to play some much more in-depth games that make the wiimote absolutely necessary, i'll change my mind. but at the moment i still prefer PS3. -- btw, i'm not saying those in-depth games aren't there, but i haven't played them yet. except i did get to play zelda, which was fun, but for me wasn't a console-seller.

btw, i'll admit that i'm a bit of a graphics-nut. i hated KOTOR 1 and 2 simply because of their bad presentation and shotty cutscenes, while good graphics and atmosphere and physics can bump up a game's score in my mind quite a lot. and since my brothers chipped in with me to buy the PS3, the price wasn't worth worrying about, and the hardware-advantage means a lot more to me than it would to a casual gamer, and perhaps to quite a few hardcore gamers.

julz

I made KarBOOM!
Re: WII play : [Re: JibbSmart] #145915
10/10/07 04:16
10/10/07 04:16
hamburg
Samb Offline
Serious User
Samb  Offline
Serious User

hamburg
well, the wii got a graphic problem. it's not really the hardware. more the third party support. nearly all nintendo games got some eye candy but the third parties just bring the old PS2 software with wii controls on the wii...
if you look at games like super mario galaxy,smash bros,metroid prime 3 and others, you can see games with nice design and good looking graphics.
the only two games, I know, wich got good graphics are "sonic and the secret rings" and "resident evil 4".
any other game was just gamecube level. I really hope that mario and metroid will lift the middleclass graphiclevel for wii.

but yes, you really need to play the right games. zelda isn't a game for everyone. if you like arcade racer you will totally love excite truck hope that game will do it for ya'

and don't worry about smash bros. it will be the same as for smash bros melee: best multiplayer game for the whole generation.

Re: WII play : [Re: Samb] #145916
10/10/07 04:32
10/10/07 04:32
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:

if you like arcade racer...

indeed i do!
Quote:

nearly all nintendo games got some eye candy but the third parties just bring the old PS2 software with wii controls on the wii...

too true.

well, when smash bros is out i'll probably get both. and a wii of course. that's a serious + for the wii: the price.

one problem is that none of my close mates have a wii. one's brother did, but he sold it after he finished zelda. oh wait, one of my mates does, but he usually plays 360. i gotta say though, he doesn't have the greatest taste in games.

julz

I made KarBOOM!
Re: WII play : [Re: JibbSmart] #145917
10/10/07 16:16
10/10/07 16:16
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Even Nintendo's games look "old" (does not necessarily mean bad).
This applies to MArio Galaxy, Metroid, and several others as well.
The Wii hardware itself is pretty much last-gen and when looking at graphics you see that pretty fast. Luckily graphics are not everything...

Re: WII play : [Re: FBL] #145918
10/11/07 00:19
10/11/07 00:19
hamburg
Samb Offline
Serious User
Samb  Offline
Serious User

hamburg
of course they look "old".
but they don't underuse the hardware power of the wii.
I mean WTF is this?

yes, some crappy PS2 port

and now mario:

I bet the mario-figure alone uses more polys than a whole ninjabread man level

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de