by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Quad, VoroneTZ, PeroPero), 841 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Old Zombie mocup [Re: Metal_Thrasher] #148459
08/18/07 17:49
08/18/07 17:49
innsbruck, austria
achaziel Offline
Serious User
achaziel  Offline
Serious User

innsbruck, austria
yeah... even though the graphics look like ps one if i were you, i wouldn't update the graphics too much, it really looks like a good old shooter which concentrates on gameplay. ^^
(reminds me a little bit of resident evil 4 to be honest... doesn't mean it aint nice )

Yeah, but... Who is Lu?
Re: Old Zombie mocup [Re: achaziel] #148460
08/18/07 22:46
08/18/07 22:46
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
COOOOL! zombie shoot! looks like a lot of fun to me too.
I think you should redevelop this, it looks too promising with what you have already done and can be made to look top dollar by just improving a little on what you already have.
The block figures look great, the environment suits but only a tiny bit more graphics and you may have a winner here.
I'm sure a lot of us would chip in and help out.

Re: Old Zombie mocup [Re: Nems] #148461
08/19/07 12:35
08/19/07 12:35
Vienna, Austria
E
Edgecrusher Offline
Edgecrusher  Offline
E

Vienna, Austria
I could model a few guns if you like, but due to time-reasons that will be december 25th. Sorry that I could only do that so late, but this is interesting
Just let me know

A6 Commercial A7 Commercial
Re: Old Zombie mocup [Re: Edgecrusher] #148462
08/19/07 13:22
08/19/07 13:22
Europe
ShoreVietam Offline
Expert
ShoreVietam  Offline
Expert

Europe
The game features seem to be really impressive and the screens are ncie even with those block-people!

My project Schlacht um Kyoto - Das Samurai Browsergame! (sorry, german only)
Re: Old Zombie mocup [Re: ShoreVietam] #148463
08/20/07 18:41
08/20/07 18:41
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
I have now a finished version of the demo, i have sent tit to some friends to bug test a little and will post it here later today

Quote:

yeah... even though the graphics look like ps one if i were you, i wouldn't update the graphics too much, it really looks like a good old shooter which concentrates on gameplay. ^^
(reminds me a little bit of resident evil 4 to be honest... doesn't mean it aint nice )

He he ^^.. I will not upgrade the graphics any more, and I will not upgrade the gameplay any more either. I am finished working on this project in 3dgs :]. I am currently working on my own graphic engine and will remake this game in that engine, and make the game bigger and with co-op multiplayer.
And yes .. It all started with testing to script the resident evil 4 aiming script, and then just continues with more testing, like the climbing system and hit locations and so on ^^

Quote:

COOOOL! zombie shoot! looks like a lot of fun to me too.
I think you should redevelop this, it looks too promising with what you have already done and can be made to look top dollar by just improving a little on what you already have.
The block figures look great, the environment suits but only a tiny bit more graphics and you may have a winner here.
I'm sure a lot of us would chip in and help out.

Thanks!
But as I mentioned above I will not continue working on this project in 3dgs, but if any of you are interested in working with me on this game outside 3dgs it could be really useful and fun ^^, so if you are interested then PM me and I will contact you when my engine is ready and its time to make the game

Quote:

I could model a few guns if you like, but due to time-reasons that will be december 25th. Sorry that I could only do that so late, but this is interesting
Just let me know

Thanks for the offer ^^, all help is useful, so read what I said above and contact me if you still is interested

Quote:

The game features seem to be really impressive and the screens are ncie even with those block-people!

Thanks ^^

And when I release the demo here today, pleas tell me what you though of it and you record
My record is 2700 at the moment, and I don’t think any of you will beet that so fast, but tell my you record and we can compete ^^

And even if I am not going to continue working on this project, maybe some of you will and its is all free to use when I release the work files .

Here is a image of the intro menu.

BTW... i run the game at 50 zombies with a fps about 20, and it is not the script that takes the most power, its the map itself and the rendering of the zombies... i am little disappointed by that... my models have a really low polycount and still a that big fps drop...

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148464
08/20/07 20:12
08/20/07 20:12
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Okey! Now it is time to relies the game! ^^
The game is controlled in the following way:

Movment:
Forward: W
Backward: S
Turn Right: D
Turn Left: A
Strafe Right: E
Strafe Left: Q
Run forward: Shift + W
180 degree turn: Shift + S
Look around: mouse
Mouse sense up: 9
Mouse sense down: 8
Climb: Auto, just walk towards a wall or height

Actions:
Change weapon to pistol: 1
Change weapon to shotgun: 2
Aim: Right Mouse
Shot: Left Mouse
Reload: Aim + R
Aim With grenade: G
Pick up items: Walk over them

How stuff works:
The zombies will slowly begin to rise one after another, but when you reach 333 in score all zombies on the map will rise at the same time.
You get points from killing zombies and shooting cans, you also get extra 11 points from shooting a headshot.
Zombies are mindless, so it is easy to evade them one by one, but they will always continue to rise, so don’t stand on a pile of them.
The zombies have various hit locations and reacts different on al locations and take different damage.
The first numbers on the screen are the players hitpoints, the ones below is the late shitted zombies hitpoints, the last numbers are your current score.
Zombies will climb on each other, so don’t think that a high point is a invincible cover.
There is various powerups/items on the map, but only a specified number of them can be on the map at the same time.
The reload system for the shotgun is little special, because if you just press the reload once it will reload one shot and then stop, but if you hold it down it will continue to reload as meny as you have left and that the shotgun can take. A shotgun can hold 5 shots and will run out of ammo if you don’t gather more, the pistol can hold up to 16 bullets and has unlimited ammo, but needs reloading.
Finally, the score is changed when the match is over, and how it changes depends on how many zombies that was allowed, if you have many zombies it will increase and if you have less zombies it will decries, the amount of items on the level will also depend on the zombie count.
The highscore will be saved when the scoreboard is viewed, and if you would like to try one more time just press enter.

And one last thing, the grenades have a REAL place holder model, so it is a white and blue cylinder.

That’s all! Here is the game! Have fun and post your score and compete!
http://files-upload.com/files/446906/resi.rar

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148465
08/20/07 20:35
08/20/07 20:35
Germany, NRW
rvL_eXile Offline

3D Artist
rvL_eXile  Offline

3D Artist

Germany, NRW
Ive played it... Its difficulty or im to unskilled My Score 400+ -.-

cYa Sebastian

Tutorials:
[Blender]Terrain creation ENG/GER
[Blender]Low Poly Tree Modeling
[GIMP]Create a Texture for Terrains
CLICK HERE

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: rvL_eXile] #148466
08/20/07 20:59
08/20/07 20:59
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Yah ^^.. i figured that my friend ha a hard time too.. try with less zombies and practice ^^... i recently played and got 3151 ;D... but you cant count with me in the competitions... ^^

My friend got about 700 after 5 deaths :]

Good luck with the hunting! ^^
I'm looking forward to see some one beet 1234 ;D.. the highest standard score :]

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148467
08/21/07 08:50
08/21/07 08:50

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thank you.do you also post the charakter as you said?

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: ] #148468
08/21/07 12:22
08/21/07 12:22
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Well ^^
I did not see any one that told me to post it so I didn’t o.o.. and I will then post it together with the rest of the work files from the zombie project :]

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de