by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 947 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148489
08/27/07 18:26
08/27/07 18:26
Damocles Offline
Expert
Damocles  Offline
Expert

Jag tycker om figura. Der se mycket lustig...

..systembolaget.. erm..

..well I should have paid more attention in my swedish class

I like the cube-style. very good idea.

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148490
08/27/07 20:41
08/27/07 20:41
Vienna, Austria
E
Edgecrusher Offline
Edgecrusher  Offline
E

Vienna, Austria
Quote:

I will stop working with 3dgs and is just back to develop 2 of my old project a little further ^^ and give them away to hope that someone finds them fun and useful,

Does that mean you will publish the source of this project so someone else could continue developing this?

A6 Commercial A7 Commercial
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Edgecrusher] #148491
08/27/07 21:40
08/27/07 21:40
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Yess! ^^ that is exactly what it means
But I want to hear from those who does something with it so I can see if it turns out to be something I like ^^, and as it looks now there is a 8% chance that i will use this project in a competition here in Sweden, and if so it would be good if there is a very equally functioning game out there that does not mentioning me in the credits ^^, so if you are planning on a release some day soon(tats within the upcoming year) I would want you to mention me in the credits :]

And if someone have time and wants to just work on the graphics I would be glad to work together with that person for some time rebuilding this project a little and give it a good surface to those who just judge games from there looks :]
But I don't have the time or energy to grab in to that work and drag it around ^^, so that would have to be some one ambitious and some one that wants to take time to it. And then I will sit down and rewrite the whole AI, and make it smarter and better and more processing sufficient.

But as you asked, yes, I will release the source to this project and let everybody use it to there own games :], hopefully it turns out to be a good zombie game if you asks me ^^

W00t! Think this was my 500 post!

Last edited by Gafgar; 08/27/07 22:32.

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Damocles] #148492
08/28/07 00:49
08/28/07 00:49
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Quote:

Jag tycker om figura. Der se mycket lustig...

..systembolaget.. erm..

..well I should have paid more attention in my swedish class

I like the cube-style. very good idea.

Hehe, ;D you Swedish is kind of bad... ^^ but i can make out what you are saying any way

The cube style is not with purpose, ^^ its only that it is that much easier to animate with 3dgs MED when you don't have to worry about the joints and it goes fast to build the whole graphic if i have those models as a standard

---
BTW: Tomorrow I will decide witch survival system to use, so don't forget to vote, the more people who votes the more sure i can be that i make the right decision ^^, and it is so easy for you to just check a box and click a button :]
---

Last edited by Gafgar; 08/28/07 00:56.
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148493
08/28/07 14:27
08/28/07 14:27
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
I have news to announce! , I am working on something that everybody crave for in a zombie game! ;D... and I think it will work very good in this one too ^^... A CHAINSAW! ;D And the zombie dog is almost finished now ^^, and it will have 3 hit locations and one massive damage animation ^^, the powerful zombie have the same amount of animations and actions as the normal zombie, and the birds have just one hit location and one massive damage animation :]

The expanded map is now working correct and the survival system will probably not be decided today anyway, because I have enough to do with the chainsaw and everything any way, and I also have some school to attend to :/

Things that I would be happy to get some help with is chainsaw sound and a grenade explosion sound, a shotgun gun sound and a AK-47 sound, maybe some blood splatter sound and footsteps o.o, if any one would be so kind and had time and recourses to lend me those sounds I think this would be even more fun and interesting to play ^^

Thanks for you patience, I know I said that I would give away the source a week after the demo, but I have been stuck with adding things to the game all the time, and I hope that you don’t mind ^^

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148494
08/29/07 09:30
08/29/07 09:30
Melbourne, Australia
Matt_Coles Offline

User
Matt_Coles  Offline

User

Melbourne, Australia
I have to say that this project is looking extremely promising, your demo was a lot of fun and a chainsaw is gonna make it absolutely wicked, can't wait for head shot implementation

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Matt_Coles] #148495
08/29/07 09:51
08/29/07 09:51
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
I agree, now just the graphics side and advanced gameplay (just some minor enchantments) and this'd be easily at least AA game

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Inestical] #148496
08/31/07 01:39
08/31/07 01:39
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Quote:

I agree, now just the graphics side and advanced gameplay (just some minor enchantments) and this'd be easily at least AA game

I'm sorry, but i will not focus on the graphic at all ^^, i will do that when I make the real version of this game, i already have a really BIG design document ready, and are just waiting for the right moment to start the development, and that wont come until I maid my first game with my own engine, and finished this AI class and shaider class, and I estimate that to be about a Year from now. And then i hope to get even better results and have a much deeper game play and feeling in the game. I will then also focus on a more realistic feeling.

But I must say thank you for the kind words any way, and maybe you can add the graphics when I release the source? ^^ it’s all your choice!

Quote:

can't wait for head shot implementation

Hmh, I will see about that, the head shot is already implanted, but you are talking about a special death animation for the headshot? Am I right? :]

The dog wrestling fight event is estimated so be ready tomorrow! ^^, will maybe post some screens of it, or maybe I wont, so it becomes a more surprise when it happens in game, for those that are that good and live through that many waves! ^^

The chainsaw and the wave system is the only things left then, and they are almost done already, but I may not be able to work on the weekend now, so we will have to wait and see when everything is finished ^^

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148497
10/28/07 20:10
10/28/07 20:10
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Finally! I have finished the zombie game for my schools arcade machine now and will make some balance changes and a new "how to play" screen for the PC version before i post it here, you so you know! ^^ you can expect that to be finished this weekend
Nothing in the graphics have changed but the game play have changed a little, and so have the level. And the highscore system have totally changed and does now support name editing and after a finished game you will recive a screen displaying many different stats describing how your round went, and i have also added a bonus system and waves. And i have implemented a real menu. and added more sounds and tweaked things over alls.

there is now:
4 different weapons
5 different items to pick up
4 different enemies
17 different rewards you can earn to gain extra points
Unlimited number of waves

And i am sorry to announce that i will not implement a chainsaw... i don't have time for that...

But the game have a much more solid feeling to it, if you asks me.
Looking forward to releasing it and competing with your highscores

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148498
10/28/07 20:39
10/28/07 20:39
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
Quote:

Looking forward to releasing it and competing with your highscores

Indeed, this will be FUN to play
Btw, the weekend is almost so giv'me the link

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de