by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,310 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: Felixsg] #152604
10/03/07 19:09
10/03/07 19:09
Pattensen - Germany
R
REZ Offline
REZ  Offline
R

Pattensen - Germany
Hello Aris,

hope You recover soon :-)
Just went through Your bike-accident. I am sorry for that.
Hope, Your foot works out fine.
Sure, also I do look forward to IntenseX... but the heath is the most important thing :-)

Best whishes from Hannover,

R.E.Z.

Last edited by REZ; 10/03/07 19:09.

R.E.Z. Software Development (TM)
Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: REZ] #152605
10/04/07 19:16
10/04/07 19:16
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello all!

thank you very much for your support. It does mean a lot to me.

I don't log in too often lately, although I stay more and more on the computer every day. I thought I'd do the IntenseX tutorial using A7 today, and it all worked great apart from the fact that there's no gravity! Strange little problem, but at least everything else seemed to work fine.

The reason I'm focusing on A7 is that it offers so many things for all editions now, like bones and physics (if you've played Mother's Den. you would need a6 Pro to have the barrels react to shots like they did, etc), and also the new improvement we're waiting to see about the new Panels will raise Intensex to a new level as it relies heavily on panels. And in the end.. we all know A7 will win over A6 one day, just like no-one is using A5 anymore.(apart from TeutonicDarkness maybe ). So I thought, the only way not to release something that will become dated immediatly, is to release it using the latest edition! I know you all think of upgrading sooner or later.. Eventually we all do..

With what confidence each one of you still has on me, I'll say that I've resumed working on my project and will keep you guys updated and not dissapear again(unless some other freak accident happens while i'm in the house..). So I will make IntenseX A7 compatible, but if those A7 templates freeze on 80% and i'm done with everything else, i will release without the new panels instead of delaying even more.

On another note, i've renewed my webspace, but unfortunately my domain has already been taken. I'll let you know of the new domain name i chose tomorrow, as well as the new email address for IntenseX tech support and Activation requests.

Thanks again for all your support

@ghostryder, thanks for the offer. It wasn't so much about the money, it's just that i was in the hospital while my domain expired. But I appreciate the act..

@TestDummy, go ahead and repost what you erased, I'm sure I won't take it the wrong way. Afterall, it was a pretty dumb thing what i did, and i realised how much worse things could have gone, for me and possibly others. Would I ride again? I guess so, but making sure not to step over my limits again, as I certainly did.

@Orange Brat, I do believe that a IntensePathfinding update is due by now I'll check this out this week. Still using A6?

@ozziedave, dead as a dodo bird seemed like a pretty fitting topic considering.. But thanks for your nice words

@Felixsq, I couldn't make people pay for something that's not ready yet. It really wouldn't feel right.. It's not much of a money issue anyway, as long as my foot doesn't get tired while i work on the computer, I'm gonna be ok..

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: LarryLaffer] #152606
10/04/07 22:19
10/04/07 22:19
O
ozziedave Offline
ozziedave  Offline
O

Hi Aris,

Its good to hear that you are so upbeat and very positive about the project again. Time will heal your injuries.

Aris I firmly believe that you need a web site of your own, not the GS Forum as you have used in the past
even a basic one with no bells or whistles. It is more professional in the long run.

Your statement about moving to A7 is quite correct, in time most will move to A7

Best Wishes

Ozzie

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: ozziedave] #152607
10/05/07 09:12
10/05/07 09:12
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
@ozziedave, I agree with you, i'd just put all my effort on IntenseX till now. When I officially release it, there will certainly be a website and forum to back it up. There's also the matter of the automated activation system that i haven't forgot..

@all, check this thread about me calling in Doug for a favor. Maybe if more people post there supporting the idea, we'll mellow him down easier .

Cheers,
Aris

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: LarryLaffer] #152608
10/08/07 18:26
10/08/07 18:26
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
I'm mellow...well, okay, I'm not really mellow. But I'm looking forward to releasing the t7.dll with source and documentation ASAP.

The actual release time is out of my hands, but JCL will probably release it to the beta test group soon. If you're not in that group yet Larry, sign up now. I want *LOTS* of feedback on it.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: Doug] #152609
10/09/07 10:07
10/09/07 10:07
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
That's the best news I've heard in months! (considering I had a car accident, there wasn't much competition, but still..)

I'll sign up today, and maybe bug jcl about the beta date.. You'll have all the feedback in the world once it is in my hands. I have 50-100 panels to create with your system..

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: LarryLaffer] #152610
10/09/07 18:01
10/09/07 18:01
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
Quote:

That's the best news I've heard in months! (considering I had a car accident, there wasn't much competition, but still..)

I don't know, I might rate the doctor telling me "We can save the foot" as slightly better news.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: Doug] #152611
10/09/07 19:18
10/09/07 19:18
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Well, maybe we can call it a tie..

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: LarryLaffer] #152612
10/10/07 01:02
10/10/07 01:02
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
@ doug
that was the most amusing thing ive heard/read all day.

@larry

nice to hear your okay. I have friend that was riding her moped a couple weeks ago, signaled to turn left and the girl behind her in a 4x4 pickup truck (driving on an expired permit, not even licensed) took it as a "go around" sign, sped up and broadsided her. my friend flew 5 ft into a ditch and broke her femur in half. also she has a fractured shoulder, it sucks.

Re: NOT AS DEAD AS A DODO BIRD [Re: lostclimate] #152613
10/10/07 07:59
10/10/07 07:59
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
A school-friend of mine is now dead after heaving a motor-bike accident. So you (and we) are lucky.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de