by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 735 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Intense X [Re: Machinery_Frank] #152614
10/18/07 13:37
10/18/07 13:37
X
xeno2k4ever Offline
xeno2k4ever  Offline
X

Hey whats up Larry? I was actually one of the first who bought intense x basic. loved it to death. I've been waiting for awhile now for the professional version. I know you were in an accident and everything. I hope you feel well soon. I must say you've got everyone waiting on their toes for this release. I'm not to familiar with A7 or anything I'm just getting started with making games lol. I hate to bug you, I'd like to know when the official release date will be for intense x pro for A6. A lot of us have been waiting for Intense X since the Video post. HAHA I'm ready to make killer games and prototypes. Oh yea also to when you say your gonna release it make sure you keep that date in stone.

Thanks
X

Re: Intense X [Re: xeno2k4ever] #152615
10/26/07 06:52
10/26/07 06:52
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hey all,

Yeah, I sure was lucky with the accident. The way I saw it, since it's fixable, I don't mind at all. All I lost is a little time.. and my bike .

You won't believe the stories you hear when you're in a hospital. People not being able to speak for years, because the ambulence didn't made it on time, others with a broken waist that can't make one single move for mothns, or others that lost both their feet.. If you're a parent and want to convince your kid to buy a car instead of a bike, that's the place to go..

Quote:

I'd like to know when the official release date will be for intense x pro for A6

Kinda never i think.. I'm most probably abandoning A6 and will focus on having IntenseX work on A7 instead. Since A6 projects are compatible with A7, i don't see why someone wouldn't want to upgrade (apart from the money issue i guess..)

Quote:

Oh yea also to when you say your gonna release it make sure you keep that date in stone.

Heh, that's why I'm not saying anything It's hard to predict release dates.. All I can do is update you frequently of my progress..

The way it stands now, all features for every IntenseX edition are done, and compatible with A7. I'm almost done on the documentation, but what keeps me from releasing is the customizable panels (since you own IntenseX Basic, you know how valuable those are.. Pretty much the heart of IntenseX). I was going to do all panels the way i did the old ones and release, but later I've heard A7 will ditch that panel system and use an improved one, so now i'm working with Doug so IntenseX will use the A7 panels. Expect to hear news about the IntenseX release date, when Doug officially releases T7 along with a non-beta A7 version.

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense X [Re: LarryLaffer] #152616
10/26/07 10:43
10/26/07 10:43
Italy
M
Mondivirtuali Offline
User
Mondivirtuali  Offline
User
M

Italy
Larry, many of us will don't upgrade from 6.60 very soon ..including myself.
So why abbandoning nearly half of your potential costumers?
I think that you should release a version fully compatible with A660 also.

Re: Intense X [Re: Mondivirtuali] #152617
10/26/07 14:36
10/26/07 14:36
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

Quoting LarryLaffer.
Quote:

@TestDummy, go ahead and repost what you erased, I'm sure I won't take it the wrong way.

Although, strangely, the tone seemed 'right' at the time, my original post was 'excessively' harsh and judgmental. It was completely inappropriate. We all make mistakes. Obviously, I have my share of mistakes and accidents. (Really, it seems, that more often than not, I'm better off if I just mind my own fu<kin business.)

Quote:

I'm most probably abandoning A6 and will focus on having IntenseX work on A7 instead. Since A6 projects are compatible with A7, i don't see why someone wouldn't want to upgrade (apart from the money issue i guess..)

Considerations:
*Compatibility, and especially future compatibility, has not been proven in every case?
---Lite-C && C-Script compatibility issues?
---C-Script to Lite-C conversions?
*a whole new (A7) bug cycle: a few features, new bugs, fix, a few features, new bugs, fix, (rinse and repeat)?
---It may take quite a bit of time for bugs to be ironed out, and new bugs may appear periodically during the process (of fixing bugs)?
*bloat, higher requirements (see: hardware / resource consumption marketing conspiracy 101)?
*support for legacy devices? (Of course, it is reasonable that some support for 'older' devices is 'nixed'.)
*user comfort, familiarity, etc. with old version
---disappointment with new policies, or disagreement with what is offered in the new version for the price
*financial resources

However, I tend to agree that the latest version of the 'base product' should normally be used when developing third-party add-on tools and software.

Quote:

Larry, many of us will don't upgrade from 6.60 very soon ..including myself. So why abbandoning nearly half of your potential costumers? I think that you should release a version fully compatible with A660 also.

Is there 'real' evidence that 'nearly half 'of 3DGS users have not, or will not upgrade to A7 soon?
(Note: The above quoted statements actually refer to 'potential costumers', not '3DGS users' in general.)
Where is the 'using A6 or A7' poll? (<-A poll might be somewhat pointless in this case.)

I probably won't upgrade soon, myself.

Re: Intense X [Re: xeno2k4ever] #152618
10/26/07 16:26
10/26/07 16:26
USA
TeutonicDarkness Offline
User
TeutonicDarkness  Offline
User

USA
Quote:

I'd like to know when the official release date will be for intense x pro for A6

Quote:

Kinda never i think.. I'm most probably abandoning A6 and will focus on having IntenseX work on A7 instead. Since A6 projects are compatible with A7, i don't see why someone wouldn't want to upgrade (apart from the money issue i guess..)

Hmmp... Not much point in me saying anything....

(This is why I'm allways hesitant to buy 3rd party tools)

*** Teutonic Darkness ***

Re: Intense X [Re: TeutonicDarkness] #152619
10/30/07 22:08
10/30/07 22:08
G
galentree Offline
galentree  Offline
G

Well, so much for IntenseX. I've upgraded 3DGS since A3 all the way to A6 and have decided I will not upgrade again. Too bad, too. I really wanted to use IntenseX in my projects.

Re: Intense X [Re: galentree] #152620
10/30/07 22:15
10/30/07 22:15
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Yesterday I look at this movie it was called Wild Hogs and one of the actors shouted that he didn't needs his legs as he is a programmer j/k I hope you get well soon. I know what pain is!

So anyways, how about the IntenseX activation key generator? Can I get it now? Have not had much chance to work with IX though because I usually have to re-install my system more than once per month and really do not like to activate every time and have to wait all day with that screen until it gets unlocked.

And what is the news? IX going to A7/Lite-C? Can I use current IX with A7.07.1 or must there be made some changes in the code? Do we have access to these parts of the code that must be changed? So much questions. Or do I just give up now!?

I know you said A7 will win over A6 and I not really care because i've upgraded, but if you are going to rewrite everything it could take another year or something? Well at least I like a chance to have some kind of AI to play with in the meantime, even if it only works on A6.

smile
Please Release Me Let Me Go [Re: LarryLaffer] #152621
11/02/07 08:03
11/02/07 08:03
O
ozziedave Offline
ozziedave  Offline
O

Hi Aris,

I hope that you are getting better by the day.

Aris could we not come to a compromise on A6 verses A7, could you not fully release
The Basic IntenseX version for A6 for us to play around with. As I stated in a post
before, my problem with the Basic software you released was that it did not carry
the weapons through to the next level.

Why not just release that version to keep as all happy for the time being.

Best Wishes Ozzie

Re: Please Release Me Let Me Go [Re: ozziedave] #152622
11/02/07 16:31
11/02/07 16:31
Italy
M
Mondivirtuali Offline
User
Mondivirtuali  Offline
User
M

Italy
Agree

Re: Please Release Me Let Me Go [Re: Mondivirtuali] #152623
11/07/07 15:03
11/07/07 15:03
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello all,

Sorry for the late response. I'll have much more time for the forum and IntenseX from now on...

Moving to A7 wasn't an easy decision for me.. Naturally I want IntenseX to sell well, so I'll lose a lot of people if I don't support A6 too. But hear my reasons why IntenseX in A7 will be so much better than IntenseX on A6..

For Beginners: A7 has a new Project Wizard option (not Project Manager), and IntenseX will utilize it so beginners can really have their Create-an-fps-game or Create-an-adventure-game Button. It's a wonderfull new feature..

For Programmers: As many IntenseX beta users can testify, it was very hard to add your own code in IntenseX for A6. Because A6 compiler wouldn't allow more than 30 wdl includes when you publish your game, you couldn't directly modify IntenseX code (you could, but your changes would be lost when you finally published your game), and even adding your own .wdl file was a fuss. The new A7 compiler doesn't have this limitation. In addition to that, programmers can now make use of both C-script or the flexible and more powerfull Lite-C.

For Everyone: I'm working with Doug so the new panels are much more practical to use. Imagine all the IntenseX options available to you at all times in WED with one click, kinda like Unity3d and all those new dev-kits with an interface much better than Gamestudio's. Add to this, the free physics and bones for all A7 editions, along with many other A7 features that directly affect IntenseX and you'll begin to see my point.. IntenseX A7 will be infinite times better than IntenseX A6 would have been.

I could support both A6 and A7 for a certain period of time(eventually I would focus just on A7 anyway.. like I said before, how many people are using A5 nowadays?), but if I did, progress would be sloooowww. If I had to fix a bug, or add a new feature it would take me double the time, because I'd still use .wdl files for A6 and .c files for A7. I would also have to create all panels for both versions(they use a different system), and different manuals also, since the panels would be different. The list goes on..

D3D,

Quote:

So anyways, how about the IntenseX activation key generator? Can I get it now? Have not had much chance to work with IX though because I usually have to re-install my system more than once per month and really do not like to activate every time and have to wait all day with that screen until it gets unlocked.

I'm going to use the same key generator for A7 IntenseX so I can't really send you the program. If you can PM me a day in advance at the time you'll upgrade, i promise i'll reply to you within 5 minutes since I have plenty of free time now. As I said before, with the new release of IntenseX, I'll also have the auto-key generator ready that will work from web(instead of email).

Quote:

And what is the news? IX going to A7/Lite-C? Can I use current IX with A7.07.1 or must there be made some changes in the code? Do we have access to these parts of the code that must be changed? So much questions. Or do I just give up now!?

You can use the current IntenseX in A7.07.1, just don't install the new T7 Beta that Doug has posted on the Templates section. But If I were you, I would wait for the new IntenseX instead which you are entilted for free. You won't be able to upgrade your current IntenseX project to the new A7 IntenseX(however any even further IntenseX versions will be compatible with previous ones).

Quote:

I know you said A7 will win over A6 and I not really care because i've upgraded, but if you are going to rewrite everything it could take another year or something? Well at least I like a chance to have some kind of AI to play with in the meantime, even if it only works on A6.

I'm not re-writting anything, just the new panels, and converting .wdl to .c which i've already done. The reason i haven't released anything for the last 4-5 months isn't that converting to A7 is a slow proccess, but that i didn't work with IntenseX at all. It will go much faster from now on..

Hey ozzie,

I could do that, but I'd have to spend time on an obsolete version. I wouldn't want to keep current owners of IntenseX unhappy, so if there's demand for this I'll do it, but wouldn't you rather have me working on the new version instead? If I fix this for you, you could start your project on the current IntenseX, but as I've said, your project won't be compatible with future IntenseX editions anyway.

Cheers all, and thanks for your patience.
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de