Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 792 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: DAZ studio [Re: broozar] #169416
12/05/07 18:19
12/05/07 18:19
Maine , United States
D
Dragon6261 Offline
Dragon6261  Offline
D

Maine , United States
language? I went through my post and didn't see any swearing, so either you read it wrong or your just a precious little princess, and thanks for the congrats, i think it was an exceptional buy for what i use it for which is art or at least what i consider art. everyone has thier own taste, oh and if you don't want my "language" don't in any way shape or form insult my website again or tell me that i'm some drone reading off the features page of some software website.

Dragonlair Digital Creations http://dragonlairme.tripod.com/
Re: DAZ studio [Re: Dragon6261] #169417
12/05/07 18:27
12/05/07 18:27
broozar Offline
Expert
broozar  Offline
Expert

i did not insult your website. i searched your website for models you did, using daz studio and the deform tool you were so pro in, and found mainly, if not only, poser/daz models pasted into various backgrounds. that was what "depends on what you call modelling" was aimed at, as well as the website thing. i did notjudge the page, but its content.

oh, and i have no need to call you "arrogant" or "twerp" or "precious little princess".

Re: DAZ studio [Re: broozar] #169418
12/05/07 20:34
12/05/07 20:34
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
Gentlemen, please be appropriate. Everyone here has a right to an opinion, but insults and arguements are extremely off topic. Lets end it now. The forum members not involved in your disagreement do not need to be exposed this type of behavior. This is a fair warning and not a threat, so please get back to the topic. Thank you for your cooperation.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: DAZ studio [Re: not_me] #169419
12/06/07 21:03
12/06/07 21:03
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Paul_L_Ming Offline
User
Paul_L_Ming  Offline
User

Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Hiya.

To the original poster...

No, I don't think you can actually create models in DAZ Studio. I think you have to import a model made in some other package first, then you can tweak it with their tools (which, from my quick glance at their Features page, looks pretty limited). I also don't suggest you try and use any of their 'content'. IMHO, almost every single DAZ/Poser "content pack" I've seen looks...well, it basically screams "I was created with Poser! Buy me!". I would say that 99 times out of 100, anyone who is an actual 3d artist can play 'spot the poser pic' successfully.

I would suggest looking into a 'real' 3d package. There are a lot of decently priced ones with good features out there now. Just hit altavista.com and search for "3d modeling animating programs" and you'll find a bazillion. Start with Hexagon ($150; no animation though), Wings3D (Free; no animation), Softimage|XSI ($500; frickin awesome) , Lightwave ($900 - $1000; very good overall) and Blender (Free; steep learning curve though). All are sub-$1000 packages.

Most 3d packages out there at least have a "trial" or "demo" version; download several and give them each a try for a few days. See which one you like and feel most comfortable with. Then go with that one.

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de