by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,187 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: DEX] #179044
01/23/08 10:26
01/23/08 10:26
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Very nice work as always! I was wondering about the commercial license bit, does this just apply to only this pack? How much more would that work out to be?

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: William] #179045
01/23/08 10:42
01/23/08 10:42
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

This restriction is meant for big studios selling much copies of a game through a publisher for more than 25 Euros for each copy (end-user-price).

We want to get in contact with such studios first. We introduced this the first time and it applies to this pack only at the moment.

Is this an issue for you?

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: Machinery_Frank] #179046
01/23/08 16:42
01/23/08 16:42
Z
zazang Offline
User
zazang  Offline
User
Z

looks TERRIFIC !

I like good 'views' because they have no 'strings' attached..
Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: zazang] #179047
01/23/08 20:48
01/23/08 20:48
germany, dresden
ulf Offline
Serious User
ulf  Offline
Serious User

germany, dresden
just a little hint, if i need to buy some things of the web i would never buy or use any art/sound/music... that restricts me in this kind of way.

its impossible to keep track of all these disclaimer things and the risk that i forget some of this in the development process is too high for me.
my personal opinion is that someone who implents this kind of "contract" for that amount of work will come and sue you, if you forget to call them after you charge 26€ for your product. and that risk is too high.

please dont take that personal, its just my opinion. i already bought some music for my last project and bought some other music again because the first music artist had such a disclaimer.

this might be okay for products that you cant live without but for 22 models i think its a bit too strange.

hope you see my point

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: ulf] #179048
01/23/08 22:55
01/23/08 22:55
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

You will find indie and commercial licenses all over the net. Garage Games sells artworks and technology that way. Many other artists do so as well.

Besides that your post is something like the following situation:
A man goes into a bar and tells the barkeeper plus all existing customers why he does not want to drink beer.

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: Machinery_Frank] #179049
01/23/08 23:48
01/23/08 23:48
germany, dresden
ulf Offline
Serious User
ulf  Offline
Serious User

germany, dresden
i just wanted to express, that i dont think this business model is a good idea based on my personal experience.
because i have made real bad experience with sound artists, who want to put a string around your neck with this kind of disclaimer. basically saying, if you sell your product with my soundfiles in, i want to have more money(how much more i can tell you once i know how many you charge for your product). if you don't sell your product, that price is okay for you to toy around for your own pleasure - thus making you pay twice, or even more because you already paid a lot of money for the pack... you really consider paying again instead of finding something new.
that was what happend to me, i hope you can understand that i'm a bit biased against this whole 'disclaimer-i-cant-tell-you-the-commercial-price-now' thing.

but you are right, this doesn't belong here. sorry for that.

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: ulf] #179050
01/24/08 07:46
01/24/08 07:46
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
well I really think this kind of license is to restrict the big companies from taking adtantage of resources aimed and priced towards the indie community. Big companies have big money , and should pay full price for artwork and the like. This type of license is keep the developer of the content from being taken advantage of, as the prices clearly reflect the target audience of the product. How would it feel if you make a great model pack like this , and sell it at a very low price , and then see it in a Nintendo game used by a multimillion dollar company ? they need to pay the amount X100 : )

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #179051
01/24/08 08:34
01/24/08 08:34
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Thanks Why_DO_I_Die. This is exactly our intention.

We fully support indie developers for years and will continue to do so. And we dont want to "put a string around any neck" and we also do not want that you pay twice.

Our only intention is that we wanna talk with big studios first. Maybe we want credits then or a slightly higher price.
We dont want to sue any indies and we will not fight against our customers.

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: Machinery_Frank] #179052
01/24/08 23:20
01/24/08 23:20
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
It's not really a problem, just making sure it isn't applied to the other packs I've purchased before. I'm not quite sure what the final sale price of my product and the such will be, but if I think of purchasing this, I'll contact you. I think I'm just gonna give credits to most bought artwork anyways, under something like "Additional Reasources Purchased From:". Because it is really hard to keep track of all the little things you buy here and there through many years.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game [Re: Machinery_Frank] #179053
01/25/08 02:05
01/25/08 02:05
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
This license and our offers at our website are adressed to independent artists, game-developers and persons who create a product for free or for sale with a final end-user price of less than 25 $ / 25 Euro.

Don't want to make you look bad or nitpick, but it's 'addressed' with double 'd'.

As for the license itself, nowadays such things are becoming more and more common. Sounds and songs that are being sold over the internet ALWAYS have such a license. The whole idea behind it is the fact that this way they can charge you (the indie developer) with much less than they would otherwise. It's either such restrictions or you will pay full price like the big boys. You don't want that, because that'll mean that great model-packs will be too expensive.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de