Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ayumi, 1 invisible), 584 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Life is a game... or is it? [Re: PHeMoX] #179692
02/09/08 18:19
02/09/08 18:19
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Déja-vûs is a process that has been described by sciences often.

It is simply the process of reading and writing at the same time in your brain and thus producing a wrong cognition. It happens rarely and is something like a disfunction but does no harm.

In many discussions like this one you see that people guess and try to find supernatural explanations just like they did with religion. But often there are explanations available when people start reading literature instead of guessing.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Life is a game... or is it? [Re: Machinery_Frank] #179693
02/09/08 19:33
02/09/08 19:33
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
I know this, too. There are Deja-vu and Jamais-vu.
But, the scientific explanation is nonsense in my opinion. They don't have actually an empirical base to state such a connection between some simply physical observations and a complex mental event like a deja-vu or jamais-vu.

I don't think that it is something supernatural, but the scientific explanation makes no sense IMO.

I had jamais-vus (never seen) several times where I remembered that I already seen a scene in one of my dreams, and I remembered that I dreamed it. And, I had dreams where I had the strong feeling that this will certainly happen, and it happened a long time later, when didn't expect it. Those are too complex mental processes to explain them with a simple hick up of the brain.

Last edited by Pappenheimer; 02/09/08 19:39.
Re: Life is a game... or is it? [Re: Pappenheimer] #179694
02/10/08 11:37
02/10/08 11:37
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Quote:

I don't think that it is something supernatural, but the scientific explanation makes no sense IMO.

It is good to doubt and to have critics. We all ask ourselves questions and dont believe everything. I appreciate that.

But in this case I will rather follow the explanations of brain-reserchers. They do that all day and simply have more experience than we have.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Life is a game... or is it? [Re: Pappenheimer] #179695
02/10/08 20:58
02/10/08 20:58
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

I know this, too. There are Deja-vu and Jamais-vu.
But, the scientific explanation is nonsense in my opinion. They don't have actually an empirical base to state such a connection between some simply physical observations and a complex mental event like a deja-vu or jamais-vu.

I had jamais-vus (never seen) several times where I remembered that I already seen a scene in one of my dreams, and I remembered that I dreamed it. And, I had dreams where I had the strong feeling that this will certainly happen, and it happened a long time later, when didn't expect it. Those are too complex mental processes to explain them with a simple hick up of the brain.

Well, off course the current scientific theory is just a theory... an idea of what *might* be the cause. They don't really know yet.

Who says that they are 'hick ups' as in something going wrong or being negative? It might as well just be the brain evaluating possibilities consciously because they might matter. According to most scientists there are no things we do not think about when we register everything that happens in our life, as in... if something happens our brain seems to registrate a lot, but only actively remembers a small percentage of that. If we remember 'pieces' of the puzzle that we already know relatively subconsciously, then that's where it might struck us as if we now know things we didn't know before.

When it comes to dreams, it always strikes me how they seem to somehow be important, which is why I think it has to do with the function of dreams, which seems to be processing thoughts, emotions and possibilities based on our everyday experiences.

What would experiencing a thought be like, when we're simply evaluating a memory of years ago?? Perhaps it would feel like having a déja-vû too.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Life is a game... or is it? [Re: PHeMoX] #179696
02/16/08 11:08
02/16/08 11:08
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Quote:

if something happens our brain seems to registrate a lot, but only actively remembers a small percentage of that. If we remember 'pieces' of the puzzle that we already know relatively subconsciously, then that's where it might struck us as if we now know things we didn't know before.

That's quite near to that what I actually think!

Re: Life is a game... or is it? [Re: Pappenheimer] #179697
02/21/08 15:29
02/21/08 15:29
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

If you're quite convinced it is, JUMP.
Who's got game? You do.

Re: Life is a game... or is it? [Re: testDummy] #205103
05/04/08 00:31
05/04/08 00:31
Norway
D
Darkyyes Offline
Darkyyes  Offline
D

Norway
Then people that tells the "future" or special people must be a virus in the game that evolves and gains cheat codes making it able to make them really smart etc.. like that guy who can learn a language a completely new language in 7 days.. and nukes/earthquakes/comets are worms trying to crash the game, and blackholes are memory leaks :p

and handicapped people are Npcs who havent been set-up in the databases properly

dead people are Npcs that are getting switched with new ones with different functions and a different goal :p

dogs who chase their tails are entering the loop on free purpose, of course sometimes it skips what number it has already run in a circle and have to redo it, its also programmed into our world as a fun factor like in sims. :p

Last edited by Darkyyes; 05/04/08 00:35.

New to lite-c and gamestudio in general, thank you for reading.
Com, A7 v7.7
Re: Life is a game... or is it? [Re: Darkyyes] #205105
05/04/08 00:47
05/04/08 00:47
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
More like GTA than sims ^^.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!