Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by dr_panther. 05/18/24 11:01
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (7th_zorro, dr_panther), 724 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: xXxGuitar511] #180447
01/29/08 09:20
01/29/08 09:20
Aue, Sachsen, Germany
W
Wicht Offline
User
Wicht  Offline
User
W

Aue, Sachsen, Germany
@Joozey:

Quote:

...3d gamestudio's main target was the artist ...

Good joke... hahaha!!!

Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: Wicht] #180448
01/29/08 09:58
01/29/08 09:58
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
"3D GameStudio" sounds old-school because it shouldn't need to advertise the "3D" part this century.

i'm happier to refer to it as "GameStudio" because it sounds less old-school, and i understand it being called "GameStudio" because it's not just an engine.

however i'd like the option to name the window myself because most games will have their own title on the window (and the minimize bar).
or i'd at least like the option to put "A7" because, apart from the fact that it sounds cooler, "3D Gamestudio" or "GameStudio" makes the bold implication that i use the whole studio and not just Lite-C and the "A7 engine" that powers 3D GameStudio.

i don't.

i like how concise "A7" is, and i'm more than happy to refer to it as that. i don't mind the 3D GameStudio brand name. the only thing i don't like is giving the impression that i use some all-in-one studio to make my game, when i don't.

keep the name, but i'd like to be able to use "A7" for the window title, or even better, my own title.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: JibbSmart] #180449
01/29/08 10:15
01/29/08 10:15
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
Quote:

keep the name, but i'd like to be able to use "A7" for the window title, or even better, my own title.

http://www.conitec.net/beta/avideo_window.htm

Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: Slin] #180450
01/29/08 11:33
01/29/08 11:33
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Why is the name of 3D gamestudio this important? People here should really care more about features of the engine and concentrate on making their games the best they can with the tools they have at their disposal.

Just say you use a middle-ware engine, publishers really rarely care about the engine as long as the game is any good. They will be more interested in demos and other showcase material and perhaps design documents anyways. In fact, mostly saying you're using a 3D engine is enough on the subject of engines anyways, as Fastlane69 said most of the publisher probably won't really know 3DGamestudio anyways.

Quote for truth:
Quote:

And about 50% didn't know 3DGS and the other 50% predictably called it hobbyware. The ones who didn't know where mildly curious about it's feature set and then moved onto the game. The ones who did know, after a few minutes talking about it, they did NOT have that opinion and agreed that their opinion was second hand and not borne of using the product.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: Slin] #180451
01/29/08 11:38
01/29/08 11:38
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
cool i don't see it on the beta page though. or maybe it's an old option and i've just missed it

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: PHeMoX] #180452
01/29/08 12:48
01/29/08 12:48
Queensland - Australia
Nidhogg Offline
Serious User
Nidhogg  Offline
Serious User

Queensland - Australia
Quote:

Why is the name of 3D gamestudio this important? People here should really care more about features of the engine and concentrate on making their games the best they can with the tools they have at their disposal.

Here here... I totally agree.

Windows XP SP3
Intel Dual Core CPU: E5200 @ 2.5GHz
4.00GB DDR3 Ram
ASUS P5G41T-M LX
PCIE x16 GeForce GTS 450 1Gb
SB Audigy 4
Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus
Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: Nidhogg] #180453
01/29/08 15:02
01/29/08 15:02
San Francisco
JetpackMonkey Offline OP
Serious User
JetpackMonkey  Offline OP
Serious User

San Francisco
Quote:

Quote:

Here here... I totally agree.

That sounds good in theory, but wait til you are showing your demo at a development event or publisher-developer event, when a producer shows interest and asks more about it, you say you made it in Gamestudio.. watch their faces drop and hear that awkward reluctance, you will feel different.

When/if it happens to you, you'll understand.

I expect 5 more replies to this with "FOCUS ON YOUR GAME!" "PRODUCERS DON'T CARE!" and "Obviously your work isn't good enough and you are using this as an excuse!". That all sounds good superficially, but when you get that frown of disapproval, you will know what I am talking about.

There is no escaping the bias against gamestudio. Sorry.

This is why, at least Pro, needs rebranding to get away from "Authoring games has never been easier!" Authoring suggests "no programming" which is far away from the truth of Gamestudio development.

Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: JetpackMonkey] #180454
01/29/08 15:40
01/29/08 15:40
broozar Offline
Expert
broozar  Offline
Expert

Quote:

This is why, at least Pro, needs rebranding to get away from "Authoring games has never been easier!" Authoring suggests "no programming" which is far away from the truth of Gamestudio development.

actually, that was the catch phrase why i first got it. maybe you have already grown out of the acknex shoes...?

Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: JetpackMonkey] #180455
01/29/08 16:05
01/29/08 16:05
Queensland - Australia
Nidhogg Offline
Serious User
Nidhogg  Offline
Serious User

Queensland - Australia
Quote:

That sounds good in theory, but wait til you are showing your demo at a development event or publisher-developer event, when a producer shows interest and asks more about it, you say you made it in Gamestudio.. watch their faces drop and hear that awkward reluctance, you will feel different.

When/if it happens to you, you'll understand.

I expect 5 more replies to this with "FOCUS ON YOUR GAME!" "PRODUCERS DON'T CARE!" and "Obviously your work isn't good enough and you are using this as an excuse!". That all sounds good superficially, but when you get that frown of disapproval, you will know what I am talking about.

There is no escaping the bias against gamestudio. Sorry.

I understand where your comming from. some of us do it for a hobby
develop a game here and there and stay away from the big developing companies as we are happy with just the few extra dollars.

While others want to take it further and go the whole hog.
Get there product published by some major company EA,Sierra etc.
So they don't want to be branded as a person who can't "develop a game without using point and click".

As far as that's concerned, I for one can do without the headaches
of companies being more demanding of a more dazzleing wow look at that
for the next project, The extra paperwork of doing taxes and all the other blah blah blah. Been there done that in a sort of fashion.

I used to own a hardware and software business, You wouldn't believe the amount of crap you have to go threw when you get involed
with major software distributors.

Anyway all I am trying to say is that it looks like a 50/50 split
as to who thinks it's neccessary and who doesn't.

Users who want to go far, want the options.
Users who aren't all that concerned about mega bucks are happy with
the way things are. Am I right

Windows XP SP3
Intel Dual Core CPU: E5200 @ 2.5GHz
4.00GB DDR3 Ram
ASUS P5G41T-M LX
PCIE x16 GeForce GTS 450 1Gb
SB Audigy 4
Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus
Re: Make "3D Gamestudio" sound cooler [Re: broozar] #180456
01/29/08 17:55
01/29/08 17:55
San Francisco
JetpackMonkey Offline OP
Serious User
JetpackMonkey  Offline OP
Serious User

San Francisco
Quote:

Quote:

actually, that was the catch phrase why i first got it. maybe you have already grown out of the acknex shoes...?

No, and this is the problem. "Acknex shoes" are now big enough to accomodate professional developers, but the packaging still says "made for kids."

Indie developers who should be using A7 are skipping it for Torque just because they see that "made for kids" reputation, and dismiss the engine without seeing how it has grown, when it is actually a superior middleware engine (which it is, with its superior art path, excellent scripting language and ABT scene management, and 0 royalties).

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  aztec, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de