by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Edgar_Herrera, VoroneTZ, Akow), 973 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: jaknine] #18437
10/19/03 03:57
10/19/03 03:57
Germany
nightshade Offline
Serious User
nightshade  Offline
Serious User

Germany
Muny Vertices good!

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: jaknine] #18438
10/19/03 05:02
10/19/03 05:02
Damocles Offline
Expert
Damocles  Offline
Expert

A little but important tip:
Try:
var d3d_transform = off; // always A5 mode

this will run the A6 engine in A5 mode, there should be no problems with older card then...
Guess you want to use A6 ?

Damocles

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: Damocles] #18439
10/19/03 06:19
10/19/03 06:19
California, USA
J
jaknine Offline OP
jaknine  Offline OP
J

California, USA
Quote:

A little but important tip:
Try:
var d3d_transform = off; // always A5 mode

this will run the A6 engine in A5 mode, there should be no problems with older card then...
Guess you want to use A6 ?

Damocles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at that point we'd lose any of the cool A6 lighting stuff, so there would be no real difference.

We played with A6 and also noticed our transparencies, etc. were messed up which would mean reworking a large portion of the project as well. Basically as I mentioned, it works, it sells incredibly well, people who buy it like it, and that's what we set out to do. Any new projects we do with this engine will be with A6, but this is an old project and does what it needs to do. I just thought I'd post it as an example of something that's been professionally produced with Acknex and still makes good money after over a year of release (Strip Kittens is a year+ old).

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: jaknine] #18440
10/19/03 09:34
10/19/03 09:34
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Thanks for all the inspiration and confirmation of my concerns regarding the probable graphic cards set of majority purchasers.
I thought that I should hang on to my A5 just in case A6 was too resource hungry.
Cheers.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: Nems] #18441
10/19/03 19:45
10/19/03 19:45
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan
Thanks for the commercial perspective.

Your credit card processing company aren't very helpful, though. I wonder how many sales you lost through them, and which credit cards they decline. Mine is a Visa card issued from a New Zealand bank. As I said, I rarely have any trouble purchasing anything with it.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: A.Russell] #18442
10/20/03 00:27
10/20/03 00:27
California, USA
J
jaknine Offline OP
jaknine  Offline OP
J

California, USA
Quote:

Thanks for the commercial perspective.

Your credit card processing company aren't very helpful, though. I wonder how many sales you lost through them, and which credit cards they decline. Mine is a Visa card issued from a New Zealand bank. As I said, I rarely have any trouble purchasing anything with it.

The unfortunate reality about using a card processor is that cards do indeed get declined all the time. We use a different processor for Strip Kittens and have it set up so we get an e-mail every time a card is declined. Some days we get 10 or more of decline e-mails, but it averages about 3 per day.

Declines happen for many reasons; the card processors call it "scrubbing" and basically that means they decline any card that may appear in any way to be fraudulent, stolen, have problems in some way, etc. It may be that in the past your card number was used by someone else (before you were assigned that number) and that person had troubles with it. It's hard to say. I notice also that you're in Japan, and since your card is from New Zealand and your address is Japan, the scrubbing system may have issues with that (some countries are scrubbed harder than others do to higher rates of fraud).

The sad fact is that we lose several sales every day due to scrubbing but if it weren't for that our "chargeback" rates (when someone claims they didn't buy something with a credit card online, and we eat the cost) would skyrocket, and we wouldn't be able to accept credit cards at all. There are so many people out there making fraudulent purchases online that it would really blow your mind. Fortunately though, compared to actual sales, declines don't really amount to much.

In any event, I'm sorry you weren't able to get your card to work and I'm concerned with the fact that you say RegNow wasn't very helpful. I'll look into that. As an alternative we do accept money orders or cashiers checks sent to our PO box via snail mail if you're interested in that. Let me know by PM if you want to go that route, and I'll get you set up.

Thanks again.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: jaknine] #18443
10/20/03 02:04
10/20/03 02:04
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan
I'm not going to go to a great effort to buy it. I was bored and it looked like a good amusement. Plus I'm learning modeling, so it was interesting to me.

The thing is, the vast majority of online companies don't decline my card. The only other ones that ever have were systems like yours that were through a third party. Are they are "scrubbing" a bit too hard? What is ten scrubs a day as a percentage of your sales? I asked why my card was declined and got an automated response that gave a list of reasons why they might have declined my card. Just thought I'd let you know.

Nice work by the way, and thank for that info on A5/A6. A lot of people I know can't run anything I make since I upgraded to A6. Then again, by the time I finish developing anything everyone might have bought a new computer.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: A.Russell] #18444
10/20/03 02:26
10/20/03 02:26
netherlands
Realspawn Offline

Expert
Realspawn  Offline

Expert

netherlands
Its cool stuff and it looks great but i would never buy it cause well ehm it doesnt do anything. It's more a screensaver (A cool one ) then it is a game.

It's fun to watch a mp3 or 2 but then the fun ends. How ever it good marketing by making them dance in bikini's

Lol the tile of this topic draws enough attention.

Find all my tutorials & Workshops at : www.rp-interactive.nl

Creativity starts in the brain
Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: A.Russell] #18445
10/20/03 03:14
10/20/03 03:14
California, USA
J
jaknine Offline OP
jaknine  Offline OP
J

California, USA
Quote:

I'm not going to go to a great effort to buy it. I was bored and it looked like a good amusement. Plus I'm learning modeling, so it was interesting to me.

Check your Private Messages...

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes [Re: Realspawn] #18446
10/20/03 03:19
10/20/03 03:19
California, USA
J
jaknine Offline OP
jaknine  Offline OP
J

California, USA
Quote:

Its cool stuff and it looks great but i would never buy it cause well ehm it doesnt do anything. It's more a screensaver (A cool one ) then it is a game.

It's fun to watch a mp3 or 2 but then the fun ends. How ever it good marketing by making them dance in bikini's

Lol the tile of this topic draws enough attention.

Realspawn you hit the nail right on the head.

At this moment we are working on an actual game, in house, totally funded by ourselves. The funding for that project comes primarily from the sales of Strip Kittens and Bikini3D (Strip Kittens selling about 100 times more than Bikini3D does, go figure, lol).

By coming up with these (and being able to create them so quickly thanks to Acknex), these two products contribute greatly to our financial resources we need to create the real games we want to make. They aren't exactly inspired works of art, but they do indeed pay the bills.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de