Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, ozgur, AbrahamR, wdlmaster), 849 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Adventure In Pocia - Download! #192367
06/16/04 06:42
06/16/04 06:42
Eastern Washington State
Z
Zio Offline OP
Adventure In Pocia - Download!

Now that the contest is over, it is finally time to release Adventure in Pocia, or POC as it's more often called. Sadly it didn't place, or even get a mention in the contest, but it was a lot of fun to enter.

For those that don't know or remember, POC is a point-n-click adventure style game. The star of the game is just your average stickman who happens to be lost in the jungle. After stumbling into a village for help, he finds himself caught up in the local crisis, and ultimately saving the village from its dispare.

Download Here! - 9mb Self Extracting Archive

And here are some screenshots:

75 Comments
Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: waqas] #192427
08/05/04 02:04
08/05/04 02:04
Las Cruces, NM
JimFox Offline
User
JimFox  Offline
User

Las Cruces, NM
I think it is a clever, and clean proof of concept. Very nice. To get started, a good stragegy is to walk up close to every character and click on the button that says "talk". That will give you a quick overall feel for the situation. There are four characters in the village. It is somewhat dark and it's easy to overlook one of them. Talk to all four, and then cooperate with their suggestions. Have fun.

Jim
Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: JimFox] #192428
08/10/05 11:31
08/10/05 11:31
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

I'm bumping this one because it's one of those that all the newer people should check out when they have a chance. It's my all time favorite 3DGS project, and I just learned that it's dead in the water, although a "spark" may be returning. I hope Zio continues on or makes something else of this caliber.

http://zio.echoshift.net/downloads.php - screens

Download Here! - 9mb Self Extracting Archive

It's a Lucasarts style adventure game. It's in the spirit of point & click but is direct control. Nice style and the music is as beautiful as ever.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: Orange Brat] #192429
08/10/05 13:17
08/10/05 13:17
NewYork, USA
light_mystic Offline
Senior Developer
light_mystic  Offline
Senior Developer

NewYork, USA
Not downing anyone but out of pure curosity how come only a few realy follow through with a game to completion? Well there is probably many but little I know of on here..... anyways ..... this had a original style concept and to bad it is a project that is no more..... be nice to see more .

Light_Mystic.

We are located on the Game Studio Download page under the category of services. Please come and visit the site. We Design professional Level Design, Models, and Textures. Level Design Dreams, LLC
Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: light_mystic] #192430
08/10/05 22:24
08/10/05 22:24
Aesch (Basle) Switzerland
real_illusion Offline
real_illusion  Offline

Aesch (Basle) Switzerland
well first: it's an amazing work! the textures are great, the models too.
and that way to talk in that game. Normally i hate this type of talking, but in this game, it's great. I'm not so good in english, but i understand this "easy" english very good.
that was the positive critics, now follows the "negative" critics, or help for doing it better:
the animations of the characters are good, but i don't like the way the "Gameguy" touches his hat. It's too "jerkily". In the first moment he moves, and when you stop, it touches his hat at once. Maybe you can do the animation "liquidlier" (the word is probably false, i used a translator... the german word is "flüssiger").
but you don't have to mind on these things, i think that's a great project anyway!

MfG,
real illusion

derzeitiges Projekt: MausGame Website: http://www.MausGame.de.vu
Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: light_mystic] #192431
08/11/05 06:13
08/11/05 06:13
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

out of pure curosity how come only a few realy follow through with a game to completion

Because making a game is a huge undertaking...even small ones or demos. I've been working on my own for 5+ years and have barely put a dent in it, but I've also changed genres, switched engines(more than once), had a few bouts of burnout, gone through a divorce(which is still affecting my output), and all the other mishaps life throws at you. I've recently added a team member, and I finally have my focus somewhat back, so I hope to increase the output. Since, I don't have to worry about creating textures(team member will do this), that will take some pressure off me.

Anyway, in a nutshell, that's why most quit. Crap happen...they get bored...they have no time...etc.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: real_illusion] #192432
08/11/05 19:26
08/11/05 19:26
California, USA
bupaje Offline
Expert
bupaje  Offline
Expert

California, USA
Quote:

"liquidlier"

I don't speak German but the word you probably want in english is 'fluid' or 'fluidly' which means smooth or 'flows like a liquid.'

As fr the game you've got my interest. I think I saw it long ago but going to give it another go when I get home.

Find me at: |Stormvisions| Twitter|
Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: bupaje] #192433
08/11/05 20:34
08/11/05 20:34
San Diego, CA
M
Marco_Grubert Offline
Expert
Marco_Grubert  Offline
Expert
M

San Diego, CA
Maybe the authors of POCia could make the resources available so that others can try to extend the game or create a similar title ??

Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: Marco_Grubert] #192434
08/12/05 08:37
08/12/05 08:37
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
That is a nice idea.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: Machinery_Frank] #192435
08/12/05 09:46
08/12/05 09:46
Eastern Washington State
Z
Zio Offline OP
Zio  Offline OP
Z

Eastern Washington State
Wow, didn't expect to see this thread again.

Releasing Pocia as a resource is a possibility, but I'd want to finish polishing it up with a better interface and real point & click movement before doing that though.

Tetra and I would love to release another game, either a bigger longer Pocia or something else entirely.

Right now the problem is inspiration and ideas. Whenever we try to come up with a good storyline, it ends up being a serious plot and then we come back to being stuck with stickmen characters. They're not too bad to use as filler in a serious setting, but I can barely pull off the most basic animations, so it's a real mood killer. I know it's a horrible excuse for not doing anything for over a year, but that usually seems to be what does it.

*shrug*

I've been programming a lot more than usual lately, so we'll see what happens.

Re: Adventure In Pocia - Download! [Re: Zio] #192436
08/18/05 06:16
08/18/05 06:16
Richmond, BC, Canada
Calined Offline
User
Calined  Offline
User

Richmond, BC, Canada
hey that game is kinda cool^^
i like the music in the menu and in the game(but in the menu more =P)

real point and click movement would be great^^
and i got stucked in front of the ruins^^"

take a listen on my Portfolio Site
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de