by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Nymphodora), 490 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. #195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.

Hello everyone,

After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go..

Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed.

Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins.

I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out.

I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player.

I think I'm gonna post a pic now...

Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version .

Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think.
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
233 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #195567
12/14/05 16:49
12/14/05 16:49
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
Melee weapon bad guys please! Some badguys could come at you with knight sticks.

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: FoxHound] #195568
12/14/05 19:42
12/14/05 19:42
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
roger that

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #195569
12/14/05 23:46
12/14/05 23:46
California, USA
bupaje Offline
Expert
bupaje  Offline
Expert

California, USA
Hi Aris. Good to see this coming along, sounds really interesting. I wish you luck with this (and with school).

I haven't played many shooters (not even Quake if you can believe it) so don't know if this is an idea you already considered but I was wondering if you can use your enemy and ally ai's to create the equivalent of surveliance devices; basically enemies or allies without the attack ability. So this way your player could have a couple of sensors he could fire -say in an area that he thinks might be a trap- and he shoots the sensor down the hall. The sensor would act as one of his allies, maybe with limited range but might add to his line of sight so he now sees the guy hiding around the corner. Similar version could be used to 'power' electric eyes, motion detectors, security cameras or even attached to enemy vehicles.

All the best.

Find me at: |Stormvisions| Twitter|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #195570
12/15/05 00:01
12/15/05 00:01
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Bupaje,

Sure thing.. Although I wouldn't use the full Intense Ai code for that. I think I'd make a new Sensor action instead and reuse some of the functions that my Agents use for spotting an enemy. I'll think more about that for later versions. It's a nice idea.

So anyway, since I promised updates from now on, here's the first one!

I begun to optimize my code FPS-wise and tried to cut down in some of those costly instructions like c_trace, execute, etc..

First thing I looked in was my collision avoidance algorithm. It worked like this. Every moving agent would cast c_traces ahead of it for every single frame to check for obstacles. If the c_trace was blocked it would cast more c_traces to find out if the obstacle found was 'climbable' or whether it would have to go around it. Not only was that killing the FPS, in some cases it wouldn't work at all! Some Agents kept getting stuck to each other. So I scratched it and worked on a new approach!

It works with Repulsion vectors considering all the Dynamic entities which are close to the Bot. Every nearby obstacle casts its repulsion vector towards the agent, whith a magnitude relative to the distance between the obstacle and the Agent. All Repulsion vectors are then summed up and added to the direction vector which comes up with the Desired velocity. The velocity vector is then converted to a Gstudio angle and makes for the new direction of the agent.

Blue: Vector Pointing to Destination
Yellow: Repulsion Vector
Red: Repulsion Vectors Sum
Green: New Direction Chosen(velocity vector)

a Team, following their leader

Thus, no c_traces made for collision detection! I get a much better fps now, and this system worked for every possible situation I tried it so far.

With this out of the way, I'm now ready to build my Jailhouse level. I'll keep you posted .

Aris

Last edited by LarryLaffer; 12/15/05 00:28.

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #195571
12/15/05 00:38
12/15/05 00:38
redneck country
BoliverShagnasty Offline
BoliverShagnasty  Offline

redneck country
Looks Good. I can't wait to get the finished version. Keep up the good work.

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: BoliverShagnasty] #195572
12/15/05 03:05
12/15/05 03:05
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
Aris i dont completely understand what your saying except for a faint idea but well done on reaching this far and once again i cant wait for this to be completed and released

Silent_Assassin

Visit us at www.m-tec-development.com WIP - Urban Conflict
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: Silent_Assassin] #195573
12/15/05 03:24
12/15/05 03:24
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
Woo hoo! People beating each other with sticks! What more could you ask for?

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: FoxHound] #195574
12/15/05 04:38
12/15/05 04:38
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
people beating each other with guns

Visit us at www.m-tec-development.com WIP - Urban Conflict
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: Silent_Assassin] #195575
12/15/05 14:41
12/15/05 14:41
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Thanks eveyone!

ok, while you wait, I have an idea for keeping this thread alive.
Since I'm now building my own 'game' and I'm in the proccess of figuring out if I forgot something vital for the first version(like I would forget the melee weapons without FoxHound reminding me) I want you all to post here with a description of your game of which you need Intense Ai for..

Don't go crazy.. Something brief, that will get me in the mood, and see if Intense Ai will cover your needs.. something like that:

Name: JailBreak!
Genre: First Person Shooter
Description: Player escapes from prison, in modern age, fighting his way through with any weapon he finds on his way.
Ai Needs: Player Allies. Ai must be able to grab weapons from ground and use them, both melee and ranged. Ai must be able to spot you in order to attack you.Bad guys must be able to follow a path when Guarding.

things like that... If you want to throw a screenshot as well to put me in the mood, feel free:)

cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #195576
12/15/05 17:50
12/15/05 17:50
BagEnd, Hobbiton, The Shire, E...
B
Bilbo Offline
Senior Developer
Bilbo  Offline
Senior Developer
B

BagEnd, Hobbiton, The Shire, E...
Name: Wartorn
Genre: First Person Shooter:
Description: In a near apocalyptic planet similar to ours a brutal world wide civil war has erupted splitting the populace into two factions. After witnessing the death of everyone he knew one civilian decideds now is the time to do his part. After his entire training unit is wiped out our recruit is left out alone and has to fend for himself, whilst discovering a deeper darker secret behind the rebels actions....
AI: umm pretty much what you said along with bupaje's ideas, along with stationary weapon emplacements and smart tactical AI who are also capable of acting in mobs or against multiple factions of opponents.

http://Lonewolfstudios.syxe.com - now in php! Bah, I'm nerd enough to enjoy the rattling ~ laethyn
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de