Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 781 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
lorikob361, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19054 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. #195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.

Hello everyone,

After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go..

Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed.

Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins.

I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out.

I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player.

I think I'm gonna post a pic now...

Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version .

Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think.
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
233 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: LarryLaffer] #195697
10/25/07 02:04
10/25/07 02:04
Switzerland
snake67 Offline
User
snake67  Offline
User

Switzerland
Nice. Will it work with A6.5 too?

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: snake67] #195698
10/25/07 04:23
10/25/07 04:23
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

making sure it works for A7 and adding a feature for Orange Brat's game

As I already mentioned in PM and in the Contributions thread, thanks for doing this. The fact that you singled out that feature and even mentioned me (because you want me to shut up about it ) was beyond generous. Unless I discover some insanely crazy bug(s) or show stopper it'll definitely be offered as an optional feature for those who would rather point and click than use direct control. Thanks again.

...oh yeah, and just so it can be officially documented, here's the screenshot I sent you in that PM showcasing that bizarre behavior. I'd never feature any kind of design in my own work to duplicate this, but others might be able to find similar problems that may or may not help lead to a fix (assuming this isn't simply a waypoints issues). The clicked on spot is where the player model is at. That's one piece of info I had left out beforehand:

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: Orange Brat] #195699
10/25/07 12:08
10/25/07 12:08
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Isn't this just by allowing clicking on certain "error save" areas?
In case of your example, a function should test how close the point is to a wall, and if it is too close, it should disable clicking and change the pic of the mouse pointer accordingly.

My guess is that the pathfinding entity is already in the block, and because of that, it can trace to the point above that block.

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: Pappenheimer] #195700
10/26/07 03:40
10/26/07 03:40
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hi all!

Quote:

Nice. Will it work with A6.5 too?

Intense Pathfinding works for all versions of A6 and A7, including A6.5. IntenseX however will only be available for A7, to take advantage of the free physics, bones, and the new customizable panel system. The upgrade costs from any A6 to the respective A7 edition is relative small and definatelly worths the money.

Quote:

As I already mentioned in PM and in the Contributions thread, thanks for doing this. The fact that you singled out that feature and even mentioned me (because you want me to shut up about it ) was beyond generous. Unless I discover some insanely crazy bug(s) or show stopper it'll definitely be offered as an optional feature for those who would rather point and click than use direct control. Thanks again.

No problem! The reason I did this even though no one else asked, was seeing how you were stuck with navigation in your game's thread, and i knew i could help so it would be a really shame not too. Thank you for being patient for this for over a year now

Quote:

...oh yeah, and just so it can be officially documented, here's the screenshot I sent you in that PM showcasing that bizarre behavior. I'd never feature any kind of design in my own work to duplicate this, but others might be able to find similar problems that may or may not help lead to a fix (assuming this isn't simply a waypoints issues). The clicked on spot is where the player model is at. That's one piece of info I had left out beforehand:

Yeah I was afraid you might find this. I made you a picture to explain why this bug happens

So if the camera angle is fuzzy(the wall that you are trying to click does not face to the camera at all), there's the danger that the new point that will be calculated along the Camera->spot line will also be inside the wall, causing problems. To fix that, i'll have to calculate the new spot using the wall's normal, instead of the line between the spot and the camera. Ignore this bug for now, and i'll make a new version soon.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de