by titanicpiano14. 04/11/24 14:56
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
7 registered members (VoroneTZ, 11honza11, ricky_k, Nymphodora, rki, 7th_zorro, Volkovstudio), 433 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue
19045 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
menu at startup #12
07/25/00 23:53
07/25/00 23:53

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

If anyone reads this and knows what I am talking about, please let me know.

I am making a first person shooter, and I want to get a menu to come up at the beginning, like in Ploing or something like that where they can start a new game, load a game, quit, commands, or options. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Re: menu at startup #13
07/25/00 23:56
07/25/00 23:56

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

almost forgot,

i have the standard edition of game studios, if that makes a difference for the menu thing,

Re: menu at startup #14
07/26/00 01:06
07/26/00 01:06

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi Diem,

no offense but this is really basic stuff , i assume you are very new to A4. Start with the wdl tutorial and work with it. It will explain things like defining and using panels and how to make them visible etc. I think this will give you the insights you need to solve your problem.
Again no offense ....

greetings
Ronny

[This message has been edited by Ronny (edited 25 July 2000).]

Re: menu at startup #15
07/26/00 01:11
07/26/00 01:11

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

hi ronny,

you are right, i am new to the a4 script but ive been working with wed for about 6 months, i never worried about the wdl scripts, but now ive almost finished a game and am starting to fix it up a little bit, i have some basic stuff done, like key config, and a custom menu, but i never read the tutorial, i dont have a lot of time to do it since i always have a limited time on the computer, but anyways, ill read it,

Re: menu at startup #16
07/28/00 12:29
07/28/00 12:29

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

hello again,

ive looked at the tutorial and without success, any help will be greatly appriciated ronny

Re: menu at startup #17
07/28/00 12:36
07/28/00 12:36

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

its the last day of the tutorial in the pdf manual to set up the menu at the start I believe, key config can be worked up from the last episode of the online tutorial,

Re: menu at startup #18
06/18/01 10:49
06/18/01 10:49

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi...

This is a button:

PANEL (panel name)
{
BUTTON = x, y, bmapon, bmapoff, bmapover, actionon, actionoff, actionover
}

Descriptions:
x = The X position of button on the panel.
y = The Y position of button on the panel.
bmapon = This bitmap is visible when mouse CLICKS on the button. (LEFT CLICK)
bmapoff = Normal Bitmap.
bmapover = When the mouse pointer is OVER the button.
ActionOn = Will be executed when mouse CLICKS on the button.
ActionOff = Is executed when the mouse is HOLD on the button and after RELEASED.
ActionOver = Is executed when the mouse is OVER the button.

-GeorgeSolarD.

Re: menu at startup #19
06/18/01 20:16
06/18/01 20:16

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

hi

You can see the download page of conitec there there is given a pdf file called doug's venture workshop which has online menu and some fight action.
don't worry you just has to include those files and gives the detail idea in there pdf file.

i might this can help you.

bye

yogesh

Re: menu at startup #20
06/18/01 22:50
06/18/01 22:50

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

There are many ways yiou can do this, a way that i did a start up menu once was just make a new level and this level is going to be the start menu, now all you do is if you want to use pictures and pannels then you can just display waht you want and have it go where you want to, for each part of the menu such as options, new game, etc. just make an actiopn that carries every panel code you have in your menu so far and have them all set you invisible, then call your action which the first thing it does is clear everything else, then set up the current menu for what the subject is, then if you want to go back, it will call the menu function, clear it, and display the new one, to start which ever level you want, just have the action do a load level and it will start and to get back to the menu later, have it do a load level on the menu. To have it save how many levels you have gotten to just save the information with one of the save commands so it stores some variables in a file and when the game is launched it will check how many level had been advanced so far.
-matt

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de