by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,119 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
STANDOFF: Created With Intense X #204903
05/02/08 11:37
05/02/08 11:37
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
RAFU  Offline OP

Pittsburgh PA
Hello Everyone, The day has finally come.

We are pleased to announce that The Official Demo of Intense X, STANDOFF is available at our new Website www.Intense-I.com . StandOff was created by a non programmer using Intense X in less than a day. INTENSE X is officially available for purchase for Pre-Release and will be available when the Current Beta Version of Game Studio is made Public. Also available on the website are the New Intense X video Tutorials as well as all the Questions you may ever have about Intense X. Also please stop by our forums and sign up. It will once Intense X is released, be the only place we will directly answer Intense X related questions.

Here are some Screens of STANDOFF, All the models in this demo are available with your purchase of Intense X!

Thanks and we at Intense Illusions look forward to your feedback and business.
Brad Grimm

INTENSE X: The ultimate plug-in for Gamestudio. Available now!
Join our Forums now! Discuss, Vote and win Free Upgrades!
Re: STANDOFF: Created With Intense X [Re: RAFU] #204905
05/02/08 11:49
05/02/08 11:49
Germany
Poison Offline
User
Poison  Offline
User

Germany
I must wait 10 minutes too se 1 Screene and the website as well. \:\(
Is it just for me or has someone other this problem, too?

Edit: OMG xD I must wait 4h to download the Demo could you upload it to filefront or something like that??

Last edited by Poison; 05/02/08 12:02.

Everything is possible, just Do it!
Re: STANDOFF: Created With Intense X [Re: Poison] #204906
05/02/08 11:54
05/02/08 11:54
Austria
Dark_samurai Offline
Serious User
Dark_samurai  Offline
Serious User

Austria
Yep, the server is very slow!
But I managed to start the download right now.

ANet - A stable and secure network plugin with multi-zone, unlimited players, voip, server-list features,... (for A7/A8)!
get free version
Re: STANDOFF: Created With Intense X [Re: RAFU] #204908
05/02/08 11:59
05/02/08 11:59
Germany
T
Toast Offline
Serious User
Toast  Offline
Serious User
T

Germany
 Quote:
This short demo was created with Intense X Copper in less than one day in order to demonstrate how quickly and easily games can be created with Intense X Copper. Everything showcased in this demo is included with your purchase of Intense X.

Well I find this misleading. You tell that the Standoff demo was created in one day what might be true but you just did use the Bronx Street Level from the download page (at least I'm pretty sure it's that one). And even more as you say all of its content comes with Intense X when you buy it - did you make an agreement with Jonas Nöll as currently it's a non-commercial licence (+ giving credits which you actually didn't give!)...

Apart from that I have to say that I didn't see anything really impressive in that demo (mother's den was way better). The enemies with pistols just honker down when they see you and fire and the crowbar guys just advance and hit you. I didn't check its abilities to chase you past corners but there's no real need to do anything like that in the demo anyway. So to sum it up imo this demo really doesn't show you anything you can't do with the templates...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Last edited by Toast; 05/02/08 12:00.
Re: STANDOFF: Created With Intense X [Re: Toast] #204927
05/02/08 13:22
05/02/08 13:22
Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

Ä°stanbul, Turkey
download speed was fine for me and the billboard at the end of the level is still there(written that jonas nöll made it and textures are from remedy, tehre is rat on it.)

Re: STANDOFF: Created With Intense X [Re: Quad] #204929
05/02/08 13:30
05/02/08 13:30
Germany
Poison Offline
User
Poison  Offline
User

Germany
Now all is fine, the website is opening 100* faster and the download speed, too.

Everything is possible, just Do it!
Re: STANDOFF: Created With Intense X [Re: Quad] #204943
05/02/08 15:11
05/02/08 15:11
Germany
T
Toast Offline
Serious User
Toast  Offline
Serious User
T

Germany
 Originally Posted By: Quadraxas
download speed was fine for me and the billboard at the end of the level is still there(written that jonas nöll made it and textures are from remedy, tehre is rat on it.)

Well it's nicely hidden not only at a point you'll rarely look at but also (at least for me) it's invisible unless looking at it from an angle you'll unlikely go to:

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Last edited by Toast; 05/02/08 15:12.
Re: STANDOFF: Created With Intense X [Re: Toast] #204972
05/02/08 18:46
05/02/08 18:46
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
RAFU  Offline OP

Pittsburgh PA
I would like to issue and apology for the bandwidth problems, we were not anticipating this amount of traffic on our site. We are currently working on the problem and hope to have it resolved in a timely manner.

Quote:
Well I find this misleading. You tell that the Standoff demo was created in one day what might be true but you just did use the Bronx Street Level from the download page.

We certainly didn’t mean to be misleading, however this is a free level open to the public, it was required to have one level already constructed to meet the one day deadline.

Quote:
(+ giving credits which you actually didn't give!)

This again is a free open level. We are attempting to demonstrate how a level already constructed can be made into a game in short time using solely Intense X Copper. Jonas nöll has been and always will be fully credited in all of our documentation. The Image disappearing is due to the fact we added a sky cube, this is a issue with the engine, not our attempt to take credit where credit is surly and rightly do.

Quote:
Apart from that I have to say that I didn't see anything really impressive in that demo (mother's den was way better).

Mother’s den was originally used to demonstrate Intense X Platinum. It was created in months, not a day, and Lastly It required Intense X script, which was written by an experienced programmer, this of course can still be achieved with non programming; however it would still require understanding the underlying principles of programming.
StandOff on the other hand was created in a day, using Intense X copper, and created by someone with absolutely no programming experience. This is not a demonstration of what is fully capable, that is what Mother’s Den’s Purpose is. This is simply an example of what can be achieved in short time with no Programming experience or understanding.

Quote:
imo this demo really doesn't show you anything you can't do with the templates...

We respect and can’t argue with your opinion, However if you feel this can be achieved with the templates then Intense X is not for you. However we would love for you to demonstrate this, We are always looking to compare and improve our product based on these types of experiments.

Again we apology for the Bandwidth issues and we appreciate your patience!
Brad

Just wanted to thank everyone for their patience, we have worked out the bandwidth issues and the site is up and running fine.

Last edited by RAFU; 05/02/08 23:02. Reason: Site Fixed

INTENSE X: The ultimate plug-in for Gamestudio. Available now!
Join our Forums now! Discuss, Vote and win Free Upgrades!
Re: STANDOFF: Created With Intense X [Re: RAFU] #205029
05/03/08 06:04
05/03/08 06:04
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello from me too!

Just wanted to say, we're very excited here to got our site up and running and would really love to hear what you think... Be sure to check that first video tutorial cause it shows some of our new panels and everything... The resolution is kinda crappy, so we might change flash players at some point... Anyone had any experience with a good flash players suitable for tutorials and stuff? Anywho, the tutorials will actually guide you step by step on making the Standoff demo we have just published. So the demo you see here stands for what you could have came up with while playing with Intense X for an hour or two.. Now of course, Intense X doesn't make models for you.. or levels.. or sounds.. If we say that you can build up your game in one day or one week, we assume you have all your resources ready and a blank Script. But you will be getting some nice models and sounds when u buy Intense X, which u can use in commercial products and everything. All our models were created by Andvari who we respect greatly! Each one comes with like 50 animations so you can clearly see that if you'd have hired someone to custom make them for you it would cost you about 1 grand... (I know cause that's how much it cost us :P )

About the copyright thing... I did try to contact Jonas a year ago but I never got a reply.. I LOVE his Bronx level and I've used it in the Intense X Beta a year ago and I've credit him fully on the manual. Of course, no one should use his level to make a commercial game, like i wouldn't, but since everyone knows his level in these forums I thought it would be excellent to base all examples on Intense X on it.. You do have a point though Toast, that damn skybox is hiding his credits banner... I'll see how I can fix that.. Thanks for bringing it up!

So... I hope this gives you a basic idea of what someone could do with Intense X Copper. FYI, that's how we call our Intense X editions now... Copper, Silver, Gold and Platinum. There's still some stuff we want to add to that demo, like a rocket launcher, but we had already delayed our deadline and needed to release something!!

Now what I could see happening for people eager to start on their games is this... Get Copper... start making your game... Then as more Intense X editions gets released, upgrade and add the new features to your game. Every new edition will be fully upgradable from the previous one and you'll only get to pay the difference(so if Copper is 39 euro and Silver is 59, the upgrade will cost 20). So... when silver comes along, you can add the new extra goals to your AI and make it more interesting, like Taking Cover and Patrol etc.. And also add a sidekick, headshots and stuff like that... Then with Gold, you can have AI voices, dialogue interaction, 10 more goals and the ability to customize AI's behaviors and all that... So you can progress your game along with Intense X, which is EXACLY what we will also be doing for our own in-house game projects.. So if we can take advantage of our tools and make some money with it, I'm pretty sure that you can too!

I hope that all that didn't came up as one big rant... keep us posted if you have any questions and everything, and I'll try to update too as often as I can... For the next few days, RAFU will be working on the next chapters of those video tutorials while i'll be getting Intense X to a completion...

Cheers everyone..
Aris

PS: Ok about the Copper VS A6 templates thing.... Here's a list of stuff you can't do with the templates and can with Copper: Pathfinding, Dynamic Avoidance, Crouch and Prone stances, better animation system, better AI senses(sight,hearing,touch), smart corsshair, more weapon settings(recoil, doing damage at a given time(s) during a fire animation, multiple muzzle flashes), Npcs remember all their enemies even if they don't have LOS, AI LOD, body types, NPCs dropping their weapons, nicer level loading(with loading screens, videos and everything) and.. what I think is the best feature of them all.. our new Panels! If you want to assign a weapon to an Npc, you click on him, select the Weapons drop down panel and select 'shotgun'. No more assigning IDs for every weapon (or level,weaponSound,font,animation..) that you'll have to remember each time you want to set that weapon for someone. And with Copper, you'll have the chance to upgrade to much more functionality when the other editions arrive...

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: STANDOFF: Created With Intense X [Re: LarryLaffer] #205040
05/03/08 10:28
05/03/08 10:28
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Very cool guys, well anticipated and much appreciated.
Ive no doubt the Abandoned team will be keen to check it out with the hope of pluging it in as would many others so thanks for the hard work and the actual realisation.
Big cheers....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de