Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by EternallyCurious. 04/18/24 10:45
StartWeek not working as it should
by Zheka. 04/18/24 10:11
folder management functions
by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
lookback setting performance issue
by 7th_zorro. 04/16/24 03:08
zorro 64bit command line support
by 7th_zorro. 04/15/24 09:36
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/14/24 07:48
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 692 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
Re: D'oh! [Re: fastlane69] #205198
05/04/08 20:16
05/04/08 20:16
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Now there, don't get carried away. :p \:o

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: D'oh! [Re: PHeMoX] #205207
05/04/08 21:27
05/04/08 21:27
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline OP
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline OP
Warned

U.S.
"Whether you like it or not, solving the energy problem in the long run probably has more to do with atomic bombs that you'd understand."

There are numerous other energy sources which can be exploited , we dont need nuclear energy , nuclear waste is one of the hardest things to dispose of , there are far better solutions , if we spent more time working on alternate energy solutions rather than on making nuclear power plants.

"You don't even (want to) understand how evolution works"

I understand exactly how you say it works , the question is, do you ? Eveverything science has found proves creation right and evolution wrong, and I will put u a tiny example. If you we were to find a city the likes of new york , say , in mars , and we find no people , would you say that this city , buildings , cars , computers , everything , created itself ? Or would you say , oh , an ancient civilisation must have lived here long ago ? Then how can you belive that when you see earth , which is millions of times much more complicated a structure than a city like new york , you see it's life , you see it's massive perfection (earth and our solar system is a system of perfect mathematical equatins and forces , all of which are necessary for us), how can you assume this somehow all created itself ? LOL , you have to be a blind fool to believe that. Science proves it , as fastlane stated , we can calculate this things with great precission , that means the systems in place are systems of incredible pressision , does this sound like something that would be created from an explosion and disaster ? The physics themselves prove the universe and earth were designed , or you dont see this ? For us to be able to measure all this forces , they have to be constant , not an erradic mess which is what we would have in case of the big bang. Well i'm goinng to much into this , I will post a topic later , i will also include references to everything that proves evolution wrong , and in fact , darwin himself would disagree with evolution if he were alive today.

Last edited by Why_Do_I_Die; 05/04/08 21:42.
Re: D'oh! [Re: PHeMoX] #205211
05/04/08 21:56
05/04/08 21:56
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
 Quote:
Now there, don't get carried away.

Sorry, but the first thing I thought when he said that was...
"What would it be like for Why_Do to be in charge of a power plant if the world voted for him to do so?"
...since according to his hypothesis he is equally as qualified as any current holder of the job should it be an elected position.

And then, after the natural shudder, the above were the second, third, and fourth things that just naturally derived from that thought!

I could change "why_do" to "any of why_do's hypothetical people with no science background voted into a position that requires scientific knowledge" but the latter was just more concise. ;\)

Oh and the crackpot index is something quite handy to have and deploy in any "science" thread.

Re: D'oh! [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #205212
05/04/08 22:00
05/04/08 22:00
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
 Quote:
There are numerous other energy sources which can be exploited , we dont need nuclear energy , nuclear waste is one of the hardest things to dispose of , there are far better solutions , if we spent more time working on alternate energy solutions rather than on making nuclear power plants.

I agree. And I would further state that you and I can accomplish a lot more following this line of action than anything that will result from the LHC, creation, or evolution. In other words, if this is truly your beleif, this is something that you can definitely "put up or shut up" about because you can make a difference here... but not in any of the other topics you have brought up.

Quote:
Then how can you belive that when you see earth , which is millions of times much more complicated a structure than a city like new york , you see it's life

Ahh.. The 'ol "clock on the beach" trick. I knew it; nothing new, nothing new...

Re: D'oh! [Re: fastlane69] #205213
05/04/08 22:02
05/04/08 22:02
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline OP
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline OP
Warned

U.S.
Dont worry fastlane , I will post many reference to actual scientists against evolution , I will make sure thehre is enough reference to make even you , one of their most faithfull and devoted believers to question their lies.

Re: D'oh! [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #205222
05/05/08 08:44
05/05/08 08:44
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
 Quote:
I will make sure thehre is enough reference to make even you , one of their most faithfull and devoted believers to question their lies.

Quote:
I'll be amazed if you bring anything new to the table.

I said it before and I'll say it again: I'll be amazed if you bring anything new to the table.

I'm sure I will see "the watch" again, I will meet "pandas", possibly be put into a “black box” and maybe even wedge my way into a "discovery" or two.

I will meet the "creator" but not god,
You will provide "analogies" but not proof,
And I will see "design" but not intelligence.

Re: D'oh! [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #205224
05/05/08 08:53
05/05/08 08:53
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
... *gets coffee*

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: D'oh! [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #205228
05/05/08 09:46
05/05/08 09:46
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
 Originally Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die
"Whether you like it or not, solving the energy problem in the long run probably has more to do with atomic bombs that you'd understand."

Numerous other energy sources yes, sources this powerful no. It's not unthinkable that sun energy becomes more and more efficient or that we figure out a different solution. Still, at the moment nuclear energy is the most powerful we have. Why totally discard that fact? There's a lot of room for improvements for sure, I'll give you that.

Quote:

"You don't even (want to) understand how evolution works"

I understand exactly how you say it works , the question is, do you ? Eveverything science has found proves creation right and evolution wrong, and I will put u a tiny example.

This is simply not true. Also, it's yet another claim without backing things up.

Quote:

If you we were to find a city the likes of new york , say , in mars , and we find no people , would you say that this city , buildings , cars , computers , everything , created itself ? Or would you say , oh , an ancient civilisation must have lived here long ago ? Then how can you belive that when you see earth , which is millions of times much more complicated a structure than a city like new york , you see it's life , you see it's massive perfection (earth and our solar system is a system of perfect mathematical equatins and forces , all of which are necessary for us), how can you assume this somehow all created itself ? LOL , you have to be a blind fool to believe that.

It makes perfect sense, after all the earth is millions of years old. Life had plenty of time to develop into what it is now. Of course it's complex, still complexity isn't any evidence for creation at all, it doesn't prove anything.

Quote:
The physics themselves prove the universe and earth were designed , or you dont see this ?

It does not prove that anything was 'designed' at all. It only shows certain rules are in place.

Quote:
darwin himself would disagree with evolution if he were alive today.

I don't think so, I think he would be amazed by how his ideas have evolved into an even bigger and more precise theory.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: D'oh! [Re: Joozey] #205229
05/05/08 09:59
05/05/08 09:59
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline OP
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline OP
Warned

U.S.
"And I will see "design" but not intelligence."
Well you cant have design without intelligence , just like you cant have equations without numbers.

You will provide "analogies" but not proof,

You havn't provided one ounce of proof for evolution , only theories and as u put it yourself "analogies" , no scientific tested proof.

"I will meet the "creator" but not god

The creator is god , you cannot have a creator without god.

You just keep contradicting yourself in your statements , which are actually oxymorons.

Anyone interested in this thread should definately check out this videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-UCo7JQm-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31cRVrKbfSE&feature=related

However , I understand how hard it must be for you fastlane to see things from another perspective , you were TAUGHT evolution , and believe it blindly, if you were taught in school that the moon was in fact made of cheese when you grow you would believe it was a cheese wheel. However fastlane , do this , sit back , and see the videos , then , anylize yourself, look around , feel your heart beat , think about your family , and ask yourself , "an I really a mutated bacteria".

See , no amount of evidence can convince you , like the old saying , there is no blinder than the one who refuses to see, but all you have to do is analyze your own life and existance , to start seeing the truth.

And if you still believe you are a mutated bacteria , you do know that bacteria have no value right ? So what is your life worth if all you are is a pile of bacteria walking around ? Is this what you believe , is this what you believe your children will be when you have some ?

There is no way scientists or physicists can explain life , much less the universe. Life contradicts the big bang , and evolution. If things would have happened like they say , a big bang , there would be chaos , but instead we have harmony (and with incredibly precission), we have order , and we have life , all of those are contradictory to what would have happened with a big bang.

Re: D'oh! [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #205230
05/05/08 10:04
05/05/08 10:04
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline OP
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline OP
Warned

U.S.
"It does not prove that anything was 'designed' at all. It only shows certain rules are in place."

Oh you are wrong my friend, this arent a couple of rules , it's a massively complicated system encompassed of perfect mathematical equations , from the stars right down to our cells , you have to be purely insane to believe there is no design in the universe or in ourselves. You dont see design in the human body ?
Can you actually look at a person and not see the design ? I would then imagine you look at cars and believe they could create themselves from dirt over millions and millions and trillions of gazzillions of years ? You just cant deny design , just look at the solar system , then look at yourself in the mirror.

Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite