Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, tomaslolo), 618 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Problems with tutorials? [Re: Nidhogg] #209483
06/03/08 11:33
06/03/08 11:33
Germany
R
RedPhoenix Offline
User
RedPhoenix  Offline
User
R

Germany
Just an idea, but when I come to websites describing engines, I like it very much to "see" something, and not to have to read what this programm can do and how to start with it. What about creating some engine wideos? They could be used for advertising, and for giving tutorial and information in the same way. You could nicely present some of the engines powerful features and in the same time show the workflow with the several editors, and what belongs to what. Of course you can't teach LiteC to the user this way, but I think beginners that are browsing your site "on the way" have most problems with "vocabs". So what is wed?, what is med?, what is the difference between LiteC and sed?, what has c-Script to do with this all?, and where do I go for A6 instead of A7? These simple questions could be answered "eye candy", most people simply don't read sites (or even small sentences) of information, even if they are interested. But watching a good looking movie is simple.

Re: Problems with tutorials? [Re: RedPhoenix] #209696
06/05/08 05:13
06/05/08 05:13
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Paul_L_Ming Offline
User
Paul_L_Ming  Offline
User

Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Hiya.

I think it's organization that's the problem. Maybe have two simple "Download A6 Stuff" and "Download A7 Stuff" links. Each one goes to a new page. On that page are three columns: "World Editor (WED) Tutorials", "Model editor (MED) Tutorials", and "Script Editor (SED) Tutorials". Under the Script Editor column, it's divided into three cells; "Lite-C", "C-Script", "Templates".

Now, each of those 'sections/cells' has download links to their appropriate tutorials.

Simple, organized and easy to update. smile

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Matt_Coles 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de