Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (ozgur, TipmyPip, AndrewAMD), 1,209 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: William] #206867
05/16/08 08:00
05/16/08 08:00
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
Well , how about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpfvhdmhQy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np45b2Xt-Ww&feature=related

Thats Aldrin , himself , saying he saw something following them on the Apollo mission. Also , there is the STRANGE interview Armstrong and his team gave after coming from the moon , people credit this odd behavior to 2 weeks in isolation getting cleaned up , but if you see the footage on when they arrived on earth (extremely happy and cheery) , and then when they give the internew (looked like they had just been sexually molested) , you have to question why the sudden change in attitude , and isolation for cleanup over 2 weeks isnt enough to cause that. Here is some video.

Here is after the "isoloation" and "testing" , which people claim caused the strange behaviour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RcKLAo62Ro&NR=1

Well I couldnt find a short clip of the part where they are happy returning , so , here is a clip that shows it , dont pay attention to what the letters say , this guy is defending the fact that they went to the moon , which i'm not arguing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxb896-9b0

why would 3 weeks isolation cause their behavior to change so drastically ? Where they anally assaulted on a daily bases for this three weeks ? 3 Weeks away from your family is NOTHING , they would not be like that, just study their behaviour , versus their previous behaviour , I very highly doubt some 3 weeks isolation can do that. People go to jail for years , and when they come out they're happy as shit. So if anything , they should have been happy since their "mind destroying isolation" was over. But , what if instead , they were either chemically abused , or just being forced to supress many facts from the mission ? What if there is more on the moon that they let people know , since they told people there is nothing , and only till recently has aldrin even mentioned what he saw on the mission.

Then you have armstrongs speech he gave , which has to make you question , what he is refering to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUx1SURbb3g&feature=related

So , definately a lot of strange stuff surrounding Nasa and the space missions , but , I would imagine the only way to know , would be to become an astronaut and go to space, but thats too big a hastle if you ask me.

Here is another interesting video I ran into some time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTw2ZE4cljc

Last edited by Why_Do_I_Die; 05/16/08 09:48.
Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #206889
05/16/08 10:54
05/16/08 10:54
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
Hey fastlane , what do you think about this guy ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNJWF_JpIyA

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #206902
05/16/08 12:37
05/16/08 12:37
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Armstrong always has been a bit cryptic in his speeches, take a look at this one;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PUx1SURbb3g&NR=1

But yeah, it does or might seem like he's hiding something or was brainwashed or whatever. Interesting stuff, even though it could be just a case of not being very good at explaining without mentioning specifics? Perhaps they were ordered not to reveal any specific events, as there are rumors that the mission wasn't exactly easy (many problems along the way)..

I don't know, compare it to someone coming home from a military tour, they will undoubtedly be glad to be home and happy, but once they realize what they did or experienced they might not be all that happy. I'm not saying they fought or anything, only that they may have been struggling to survive at some point or something along that way.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: PHeMoX] #206958
05/16/08 18:52
05/16/08 18:52
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

The closest star system, Alpha Centauri, is 4.3 light years far away from earth.
If their star ships travel at the same speed as ours they would take about 250.000 years to reach us
Even the chance to get in touch with aliens via radio signals is negligible
Assuming that they are at the same level of civilization as we are , we could expect to receive messages from star sytems in the range of, let say, 50 light years.
There are not so many star system so close to us
Evolutions entails a huge number of planets , thus it is pratically impossible that one of them ( the number is estimated in some thousand, no more ) can have intelliget beings( or even bacteria )
The only remote possibility is that these civilizations are much more advanced than us but moreover the physical laws should not be the same all over the universe
In practice the probabilities to have contacts with aliens are , despite the SETI program, null.

Last edited by AlbertoT; 05/16/08 18:55.
Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #206966
05/16/08 19:19
05/16/08 19:19
USofA
fastlane69 Offline OP
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline OP
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:
Thats Aldrin , himself , saying he saw something following them on the Apollo mission

What's any of this have to do with the Vatican?? confused

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: fastlane69] #206998
05/16/08 23:01
05/16/08 23:01
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
"If their star ships travel at the same speed as ours they would take about 250.000 years to reach us"

Who says their ships travel at the same speed as ours ? We are very PRIMITIVE in technology and knowledge , dont you see the mega rockets we need to go to outerspace vs the ufo's people report. There is much we (the general public) still doesnt know , specially technological wise , so it would be absurd to think we are on a same technological level as an alien race that has visited earth.

"What's any of this have to do with the Vatican??"

Post topic

"Vatican says aliens could exist"

So we're talking about aliens right ?

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #207038
05/17/08 10:17
05/17/08 10:17
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #207054
05/17/08 13:42
05/17/08 13:42
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die
Who says their ships travel at the same speed as ours ? We are very PRIMITIVE in technology and knowledge , dont you see the mega rockets we need to go to outerspace vs the ufo's people report. There is much we (the general public) still doesnt know , specially technological wise , so it would be absurd to think we are on a same technological level as an alien race that has visited earth.

Yes, but you seem to forget that you are assuming aliens have already visited us. There's little to no evidence for that.

Also, according to NASA we might not need a mega rocket to go at the speed of light, but instead an umbrella-shaped surface that reacts to sunlight might push a space craft faster and faster until it goes at (near) the speed of light.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: PHeMoX] #207074
05/17/08 16:22
05/17/08 16:22
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

we can make a lot of assumptions.
The more fantastic ,the more unlikely

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: AlbertoT] #207106
05/17/08 18:50
05/17/08 18:50
USofA
fastlane69 Offline OP
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline OP
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:
"What's any of this have to do with the Vatican??"

Post topic

"Vatican says aliens could exist"

So we're talking about aliens right ?

Is it possible for you not to answer a question with a question?

Hehehe... NVM. Don't answer, or rather question, that.

If noticed that your mind works like this, why_do, undisciplined, unfocused, and unable to keep a train of thought longer than a few posts and asking question after question so you don't have to provide any answers of your own.

So rather than trying to achieve the impossible and steer you back OT, I accept it, I accept you as you are, and thus you go on talking about whatever comes to mind regardless of thread or topic. I can always catch up later when you go back OT.

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite