Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Blobsculptor tools and objects download here
by NeoDumont. 03/28/24 03:01
Issue with Multi-Core WFO Training
by aliswee. 03/24/24 20:20
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by Edgar_Herrera. 03/23/24 21:41
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 03/06/24 09:27
VSCode instead of SED
by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, VoroneTZ), 831 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 53 of 54 1 2 51 52 53 54
Re: What the evolutionists havn't mentioned so far [Re: Impaler] #210966
06/14/08 07:53
06/14/08 07:53
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Originally Posted By: Impaler
You are right about the Urey-Miller experiment: It does not prove that life could not have arisen by chance. However it does prove that it could not have come about by that process, and that is the only theory that I know of (besides from outer space, but that just moves the problem to space, doesn't it?)

Actually as far as I know there are about 10 different plausible theories about the origin of life. Look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_life

Science at the moment does not know which of the 10 is right, if any. Thats still one of the gaps in our knowledge but does not mean that God sits in all those gaps. If He did, he would become smaller and smaller as our knowledge grows and the gaps are getting smaller and smaller. Thats why I do not believe that you can find God in gaps, as Creationists think.

Also, the amino acids will not form in the presence of oxygen, and oxygen is just as much a part of water vapour as hydrogen is, Tobias.

Thats a misunderstanding, Impaler. Amino acids will form in the presence of water vapor. Only pure oxygen O2 or O3 can prevent the forming of long amino chains, but pure oxygen was not present in the early atmosphere.

Re: What the evolutionists havn't mentioned so far [Re: Tobias] #210982
06/14/08 09:38
06/14/08 09:38
Papua New Guinea
I
Impaler Offline
Impaler  Offline
I

Papua New Guinea
Yes, I had a look at that Wikipedia page and I see 5 models for the formation of life, all of which involve either the synthesis of compounds by random chance or some kind of pre-life "natural selection". Frankly I found the Urey-Miller experiment the most convincing. How you can say that NH3 is hydrogen but H20 is not oxygen makes no sense to me.

Quote:

Pure oxygen was not present in the early atmosphere.

That is an absurd thing to say. Just take a look at this page: Miller-Urey experiment

The existence of oxygen in a "primitive atmosphere" is controverial. To dismiss it as absent is to evade the argument.

By the way, I am not trying to prove God's existence by showing the shortcomings of evolution. I am trying to demonstrate that creationism is a plausible theory, and that belief in God's existence does not mean belief in an un-scientific and old-fashioned theory. Evolution is a theory, not a law, and it is important that people know this.

Murphey's Law:
<< if anything can go wrong, it will >>

(Murphey was an optimist).
Re: What the evolutionists havn't mentioned so far [Re: Impaler] #211005
06/14/08 12:02
06/14/08 12:02
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

But are you sinning any less than them?

At least I would expect to deserve to have the same chances as Adam and Eve
We got started as super men and super women , then step by step because of our sins...

Last edited by AlbertoT; 06/14/08 12:02.
Re: What the evolutionists havn't mentioned so far [Re: AlbertoT] #211057
06/14/08 17:42
06/14/08 17:42
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: AlbertoT
But are you sinning any less than them?

At least I would expect to deserve to have the same chances as Adam and Eve
We got started as super men and super women , then step by step because of our sins...

Sin
You said that God is almighty and knows everything. He rules over time and space. If all this applies then He must have realized the sinning from the beginning.

So why he offered the snake and the apple to Adam and Eve? He must have known that they will fail. He created them. He could have made them robust against sin. He could have made them that way that they dislike forbidden apples and don't want to talk with snakes.

But he did not. So the sin must have been an initial part of his design.

Punishment
If God already knew of his weak creatures and of the sin that will happen then he already knew that he will punish them with banning from paradise and with the flood and all that.

So why he designed us so weak to punish us? Is he an evil child? Does he like the punishments?
Very strange situation.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: What the evolutionists havn't mentioned so far [Re: Machinery_Frank] #211123
06/15/08 05:08
06/15/08 05:08
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
So why he offered the snake and the apple to Adam and Eve? He must have known that they will fail. He created them. He could have made them robust against sin. He could have made them that way that they dislike forbidden apples and don't want to talk with snakes.

Well there are many, many interpretations to that story of the forbidden fruit. The most strange and nonsensical interpretation IMHO is the original sin idea, which is not originally Christian.

A better interpretation is that God made us with a free will, able to choose between good and evil. Free will makes only sense of course when everyone can choose for himself. Not Adams sin, but our own sins condemn us.

Not a theological discussion [Re: Tobias] #211124
06/15/08 06:01
06/15/08 06:01
Papua New Guinea
I
Impaler Offline
Impaler  Offline
I

Papua New Guinea
Everything God does will eventually result in greater glory for Him, and the redemption of mankind is that fulfillment. If you want more Christian, theological answers, read the Bible (more specifically the New Testament). It will tell you much better than I will, although I suppose this forum isn't even meant to be about the Bible.

Murphey's Law:
<< if anything can go wrong, it will >>

(Murphey was an optimist).
Re: Not a theological discussion [Re: Impaler] #211165
06/15/08 11:06
06/15/08 11:06
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Ok. Then it cannot be answered. The bible is a book about murder, sin, inbreeding, many story collected over a long period of time similar to stories of other religions.

It will not answer my questions. It will raise even more questions.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Not a theological discussion [Re: Impaler] #211204
06/15/08 16:54
06/15/08 16:54
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Everything God does will eventually result in greater glory for Him, and the redemption of mankind is that fulfillment. If you want more Christian, theological answers, read the Bible (more specifically the New Testament). It will tell you much better than I will, although I suppose this forum isn't even meant to be about the Bible.

How do you know everything God does will eventually result in 'greater glory for Him' (whatever that means, please explain) ????

I totally agree with Frank here, if you're talking about looking for answers, then the Bible only raises more questions for me as well...

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: What the evolutionists havn't mentioned so far [Re: Impaler] #211431
06/16/08 16:53
06/16/08 16:53
Russia/Netherlands
H
Hand_Of_Law Offline
Hand_Of_Law  Offline
H

Russia/Netherlands

By the way, I am not trying to prove God's existence by showing the shortcomings of evolution. I am trying to demonstrate that creationism is a plausible theory, and that belief in God's existence does not mean belief in an un-scientific and old-fashioned theory. Evolution is a theory, not a law, and it is important that people know this.

Could you describe exactly the theory of creationism you find plausible, and how it describes the origins of the universe, life and speciation on a scientific way ?

Re: Science and Creation [Re: William] #224544
08/30/08 19:48
08/30/08 19:48
Hrvatska (Croatia ), Slavonski...
cro_games Offline
User
cro_games  Offline
User

Hrvatska (Croatia ), Slavonski...
interesting...

Hello everyone my name is Ivan Mandic from "Frozen pixel studio". wink
-----------------------------------