Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, dr_panther), 730 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
lorikob361, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: vertex] #238698
11/29/08 12:51
11/29/08 12:51
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Let's suppose you have a highway.
It's speed limited, but since there is no further protection, people are speeding.

Speed limit is set to an even lower value, people keep speeding.
"Warning", "Danger", "Beware" traffic signs are installed, people keep speeding.

A system for catching speeders is installed, but after a short time people just drive car by car on several lanes and continue speeding, because now it cannot be detected which of the car was too fast (actually both were, but there is no proof).

So that didn't work out. Next step is to place some sort of station where you have to register before being allowed to use the highway. Additionally you are required to have a speed limiter you have to turn on each time you want to use the highway. Of course it's a special verson, so you need to buy it before and can't use it on the other highway.

Now what happens?

People you were speeding before just hide their vehicle id and continue speeding through the sand next to the highway bypassing all installations.

People who always drove with the right speed, long ago moved to another highway which takes them to some similar place they initially wanted to go.

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: FBL] #238919
12/01/08 05:55
12/01/08 05:55
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
really good illustration there.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: JibbSmart] #249357
02/02/09 02:37
02/02/09 02:37
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

well i think this is all about money...
All softwares are very expensive, i mean, lets take gs pro as example,

it costs EUR 713.44 ... so, for portugal a ordinary worker will recieve each month 450 euros, so after 2 months you have the money to buy it, but of course, if you have to pay house bills, food, etc etc, you will take longer..
Now how is over there? how much you recieve each month? some countries have a different economical prices for min salary.

maybe over there its 700 euros, maybe 1000 euros? or maybe 200.. but the price to buy this engine is fixed. So.. its not fair for everybody.. That leads to game copies, because you dont have the money yet to buy it. but another friend over america does.. etc etc..

I know assemble and dissable, i learn cracking to protect my own programs, and applications.. but.. i can do crack almost any program. its a matter of time and paciente.

i dont know why i'm saying this.. but cracking is so easy, and you think:
"if i have the knowledge to make it "full version" why buy it? if i can have it, just by changings some lines of code.. i mean ... its a very strong tentation.. "

its like a pizza, you probably buy it, because its faster, and you pay more for it. but if you know how to do it by yourself, and you dont want to buy it, you can do it, then you just do it.. why buying if you know how to do it.. And you say its illegal to dissable a pizza, to know its ingredients.. so you cannot do the same pizza by youself lolol.

And i learned is learning illegal? i learn asm, and dissable, does that makes me a pirate? to learn, i need to pick some programs to test and use as real experiments, is that method of learning illegal.. i know how to crack and and do crack some programs when i need or they are annoying me with some screens sayings register now.. you have XXX time.. like milkshape one of the first versons i downloaded and cracked it 10 minutes or less.. i just needed the software for a while, i had no reasons to buy it, but i wanted to use it and those screens everytime i clicked to do something on the program, i had to disable that.. and they dont know that those screens are the first hint that leads for the code check and this making it full version?.. (O.o)

however i dont share my things, with others, and i dont contribute to piracy, i know how to do it, but i do it to protect my own applications.. and dont give them over internet. If i really like a software that i need it for a long period of time i buy it.

but i can't believe nobody of you had never used "cracked" things, cracked games, downloaded Mp3 etc ..

::::::::::
PS: by the way, the rules i know from my country its that you can download everything even crackings programs and games or music whatever you can, that legal, you cannot upload them ,cracked or mp3 etc..

So for us, the gov rules says its not illegal download piracy things, just who uploads them.

I hope this post dont causes me troble, i just wanted to contribute to the askwer of the topic.
::::::::::

there are more important things to worry about.. cure for cancer, aids, any many diseases, alzeimer, aging, pollution, etc.. and we are always with out mind in fight, terrorismt, nunclear weapons, bombs, killing.. etc etc.. this world wont last if people wont change their focus, on the bad things to the good things.

We can think positive, if there is a crack, means the program is good, im sure, there is always someone buying if it really likes it.. cracking its perhaps 10% of the whole world problems probably. And there will be always fault in the system... like the manual says, there is no program bug safe, if there is a bug there is a fault , where someone can attack. There will be always the good and the bad, the poor and the rich, this is nature, we live in a world where everything is balanced, its a normal distribution graph, that how nature is, hot and cold, etc etc..

there is no need to fight, there will always be piracy... anyway if someone is good on cracking / hacking, there are companies that gives promotions invites :P .. cracking is art, understanding it is a "gift" and art and knowledge (know how to do it and do it) is not illegal i think.

I always played tombraider all the games, there is a new one that 9, and i friend of mine had it, and i had to played, but for me, it took only one day and this is true.. to finish the whole game wihout any crack or trainer things or codes cheats etc etc, the game is excelent, but too easy for me maybe, and i would't buy such a game that would give me 1 day of pleasure only.

Last edited by MMike; 02/02/09 03:43.
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #249361
02/02/09 03:39
02/02/09 03:39
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

if the post i did is agains rules please some moderator delete the post.

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #249381
02/02/09 07:51
02/02/09 07:51
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: MMike
...but too easy for me maybe, and i would't buy such a game that would give me 1 day of pleasure only.

Sorry, I dont understand this. If you think, this game is not worth the money, then just dont play it! You dont have to play it. Nobody forces you to get TombRaider to your PC.

I have the same feeelings. I think that most games are too expensive at the day of release. 50 Euros for a game is often not worth at my mind. But I just wait half a year and I can get them for half price. I can wait even longer and get games for 10 Euros here in Germany. So why should I bother to crack, to steal, to be a bad example to my kids? I rather go into a supermarket with my son and buy a cheap game.

What you are doing is wrong. This also applies to the rest of products around us. If I cannot afford to sleep in a very expensive hotel then I dont do it. If I cannot afford an expensive car then I dont steal it. You could say, it is easy to open a car. You can learn it and it is not illegal to learn how to open a car. But it is not your property. It is just stealing.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: Machinery_Frank] #249418
02/02/09 13:23
02/02/09 13:23
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

i mean, i about TbRaider, i just got dissapointed, if i bought that game i would spend money for 1 day... but thats not the matter here.

Anyway, you have the real world, of thief, you can do it with cars etc.. and im not into that, i never will do it, just because its not my personality to do it.

Now, another thing is a software, which i dont think its realy a property ( since alot of people have it, but still its a property somehow, but not in the restricted way as a car.

And i'm not saying i steal, because i don't.. i just download, and then i crack it if i have the patience. i mean its not stealing, since the trial or demo is on the internet, and i downloaded it legally, then i just tweak it to fit my needs.. But one thing i must underline.. im not sharing with anyone such final cracked versions..., and i dont force anyone to do it. and i just use it for my self, for a short period of time, like i stated before, when i need to use it for longer period, i buy it, because i liked it, and i need the updates, and the extra features probably, that a trial don't come with.

I dont consider my self a hacker or something, i mean, you just need to go to notepad and change some bytes, and thats all.. you know, you need to change one hex byte and that can be enought to crack a low security program, now you tell me its illegal to open in notepad a program?

i never got rich with the use of illegal software, they did not got more poor because of me.. my schools use illegal Windows vista, its all around, its something its hard to fight. Bill gates knows that, do you think he cares? he wont get more richer or poor because of that. There is a large community (enterprises and such that will always the program original...) so for a standalone and personal end user version i think.. its not so "critical".

besided, when i say i know cracking and i did, dont means i still do it.

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #249420
02/02/09 13:25
02/02/09 13:25
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

i usually have the money to buy software, im not rich but i do have money. Anyway cracking nowadays is becoming harder and harder. And its because of hackers that programs got better, more safe secure, etc etc. So there is a good side.

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #249422
02/02/09 13:49
02/02/09 13:49
Schortens Germany
Landixus Offline
User
Landixus  Offline
User

Schortens Germany
Do you remember monkey island? the copy protection was a scala ,you have to
turn it, to find the right word that you must enter. (My english is bad sry)

The other one was Anstoss 3, there you must type a word in.
example: Site 124 line 14, 3rd word.
That was effective and do not put any bad software on your pc, like steam
,securom, and another stuff that easy can kill your pc.(That was my experience)

And why the pirates pirate?
Easy: Because it is possible. It is in the human nature to do that.
It starts in the school in the pauses, easy to trade MP3's or Movies
over the MobilePhones. You can get a 8GB SD card for a few euros.

I think it will be hard to change the human nature, so that they never
steal again.

just my few sentence for that topic.

My Blog German: http://blog.quakeit.de/
www.quakeit.de ||
Airfix Game in Cooperation with:
www.3drt.com
Models Levels and Textures
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #249425
02/02/09 14:16
02/02/09 14:16
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: MMike
...now you tell me its illegal to open in notepad a program?

Is it illegal to use a hammer on a glass window pane?
Is it illegal to use a tool to open a door (to get into a car or into a house)?
Is it illegal to set a tv onto fire?

No, it is not as long as you are the owner of these objects.

But if you steal them you are a thief, just that, no excuses needed. You can live without TombRaider and your school can install Linux if they dont have the money to get a Vista license. And I am sure MS will offer very cheap licenses to schools, sometimes even for free.

In the case of editing software with notebook: Please read the license agreement and I am sure there is something written about decompiling or changing the code. I am very sure it is illegal to edit it in notepad.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: PHeMoX] #249514
02/03/09 00:10
02/03/09 00:10
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

well when i say school i say the school when you have 17 years old, im at university, and they give all students a original windows vista for free. They maybe have some alliance i dont know, but all we student can get it for free a genuine copy.

Anyway, i did not steal it!! i downloaded the trial! which is free and public .. so im not a thief. understand that, i just changed some things, that i downloaded legaly.. which is complelty different.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de