by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Quad), 454 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Space Arcade [Re: Error014] #227491
09/14/08 17:28
09/14/08 17:28
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
I personally think its a great goal for someone beginning, its a better start than most of us get off to..

Re: Space Arcade [Re: lostclimate] #227496
09/14/08 17:37
09/14/08 17:37
Blade280891 Offline
Serious User
Blade280891  Offline
Serious User

Just ignore the sarcy (if thats a word) comments , and they dont mean anything by it, just remeber that all we are being shown is a room with different textures on the walls, try experimenting with lighting , and making your own textures, and maybe go a bit wild and give the level some colour , and make it stand out.

Good luck with the game, and hope it turns out as you want.
Thanks,
Blade laugh

My Avatar Randomness V2

"Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church"
Re: Space Arcade [Re: Masna] #227525
09/14/08 20:49
09/14/08 20:49
America: New Jersey
Masna Offline OP
Masna  Offline OP

Originally Posted By: TWO
Have fun & good luck! wink

Thanks TWO! =D

Originally Posted By: cro_games
I hope that you will finish it..good luck..

I do have problems finishing things sometimes. ^^; But my friends are helping with this one, so hopefully I'll have a motive to keep on working. =)

Originally Posted By: mpdeveloper_B
Looks pretty good, keep it up. I love old arcade games, an I think this is a fantastic idea.

Thanks MP Developer! ^__^

Originally Posted By: Firoball
Brilliant textures.

Thanks! =D They're just default textures. =P

Originally Posted By: frazzle
For a retro style remake game, the level design is simple as it should be to my opinion smile smile
Have fun developing wink wink

Thanks! I tried to make the level design pretty simple and bland, because there are going to be sprites and things flying all over the place.

Originally Posted By: Firoball
Excellent level design aswell, with a lot of love to the detail.

Thank you! ^__^

Originally Posted By: ChrisB
And even the lighting is AAA+.

Thanks! =D

Originally Posted By: ryangregory
lol. The sarcasm meter is through the roof.

Relax, it's my first game. T__T

Originally Posted By: Error014
Masna, please don't be discouraged by the comments you've received so far, I know it can be disheartening to read mean or cynical replys for something you've spend time on.

Thanks for all the advice Error... I really appreciate it. =) I know not to be discouraged by such things... Besides, I only spent 10 minutes on it so far. ^__^

I am still a beginner, with not a lot of experience, and agree that the level is non too impressive. It IS very unplanned and simple, but it's just a fun simple little project to try to better my knowledge of how the programs work, of course with the help of tutorials and workshops. I will also take into account your advice about having themes, and planning things out before you go to work, which I have been doing with my animations, and will soon start doing with my games.

I pretty much ignore any comments like ryangregory, that are clearly non-constructive.

Originally Posted By: lostclimate
I personally think its a great goal for someone beginning, its a better start than most of us get off to..

Thanks Lostclimate! It is somewhat too ambitious for a beginner, but that's never stopped me before! =D

Originally Posted By: Blade28081991
Just ignore the sarcy (if thats a word) comments , and they dont mean anything by it, just remeber that all we are being shown is a room with different textures on the walls, try experimenting with lighting , and making your own textures, and maybe go a bit wild and give the level some colour , and make it stand out.

Thanks Blade! I don't think I'm going to change the textures at all, because there will be so many sprites and thing flying around, the background might be too distracting and take away from it. But then again, I'm not the expert here. =)

--------------------------------------
Finished with the ball and paddle. Obviously no improvement on the ball needed, but the paddle might need work. Anyone have any opinions?

Re: Space Arcade [Re: Masna] #227527
09/14/08 20:54
09/14/08 20:54
Blade280891 Offline
Serious User
Blade280891  Offline
Serious User

Erm, not much you can really do on a padle ,lozl but one thing you may want to consider, is having a sprite for the midle bit of the padle, or something that is partly transparent, before jumping in and setting anything in stone , just try experimenting as much as you can.:D
Thanks,
Blade

My Avatar Randomness V2

Re: Space Arcade [Re: Blade280891] #227543
09/14/08 23:17
09/14/08 23:17
Masna Offline OP
Masna  Offline OP

Thanks blade! I actually did try to make it transparent. Someone suggested saving the texture (I changed it's opacity to 30) as tga, but it didn't work. blush

How would you constrain a sprite to a a model? confused

Re: Space Arcade [Re: Masna] #227545
09/14/08 23:37
09/14/08 23:37
Just down the road from Raven
BlueBeast Offline
Serious User
BlueBeast  Offline
Serious User

Just down the road from Raven
I have something to point out about the paddle. In pong, the whole surface, left and right sides, can be used to hit the ball. As the original paddle is flat.

The paddle design now has parts on the ends that will deflect the ball in some strange ways.

However, the new paddle could be a big plus for the new version of the game.
as the player either has to be much batter at aiming the paddle or the ball may bounce with some other somewhat unpredictable behavior. So it may be a good thing!

In fact, I think I would rotate the ends 45 degrees so they have edges facing forward. This would deflect the ball very differently than just the flat surface !

As for the wall textures, I would simply scale them so they align better.

Have fun! You'll learn a lot with making these games!

- Jason

Gamestudio Pro 6.4
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800MHz BUS
AtiRadeon 9800 pro 256Mb 21" Monitor
1 Gig DDR RAM
36 Gig RAPTOR SATA+ 120 Gig SATA
SB Audigy 2 w/ 450 watt Logitech Z680 5.1

www.nordicepitaph.com
Re: Space Arcade [Re: BlueBeast] #227568
09/15/08 05:46
09/15/08 05:46
Blade280891 Offline
Serious User
Blade280891  Offline
Serious User

@masna, i beleive you will need to attach it in code , although i may be wrong, although you can make the whole model slightly transparent using lite-c i beleive, ask on the forum (in the correction section) about it.

Thanks,
Blade

My Avatar Randomness V2

Re: Space Arcade [Re: Blade280891] #227603
09/15/08 10:27
09/15/08 10:27
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Quote:
Besides, I only spent 10 minutes on it so far

Oh. So it was just an elaborate joke. frown

Well, whatever. Good luck, etc. Please .... I don't know, please just spend some time on something before you show it. It makes me sad when I think that I probably spent more time writing my post than you on the level.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Space Arcade [Re: Error014] #227716
09/15/08 20:55
09/15/08 20:55
Masna Offline OP
Masna  Offline OP

Originally Posted By: BlueBeast
However, the new paddle could be a big plus for the new version of the game.

Thanks for the idea! I updated it, and will appear in the finished product. smile

Originally Posted By: Blade28081991
...you will need to attach it in code...

Thanks! I'll surely make a different thread on the Lite-C forum about it. smile

Originally Posted By: Error014
Oh. So it was just an elaborate joke. frown It makes me sad when I think that I probably spent more time writing my post than you on the level.

No, no! It wasn't a joke at all! shocked I'm sorry. frown I really appreciate advice, no matter how much time I spent on the level, and I didn't mean it that way... frown

Re: Space Arcade [Re: Masna] #230225
10/03/08 19:58
10/03/08 19:58
newcastle nsw australia
chaotic_dragon Offline
chaotic_dragon  Offline

newcastle nsw australia
Hey masna,

I don't often do this but I am willing to make all your textures for free as I usually charge.
I too know what you are going through lol when i first started i got the same replies to the first M16 model i created and I took into consideration it was a little simple but I kept on going and I want you to keep on going aswell because I see potential in you.
Please contact me at cdtjones69@hotmail.com (my company email had a few problems so i gotta get another :()

Previous experience:
4 years Graphic art, 2 certificates, 2 projects, and a load of smiles on customers faces laugh

I can work on them all day for the next 2 or 3 days as i have no current work until my new website is finished being created. and please reply in the address i mentioned earlier as I will most likely not be returning to this post.

Regards
Chaotic_Dragon,
Conflict Games.

looking for team members please send email to cdtjones69@hotmail.com or go to www.conflict-games.com

Regards
Chris Jones,
Conflict Games
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de