Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
MT5 bridge not working on MT5 v. 5 build 4160
by EternallyCurious. 04/25/24 20:49
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by EternallyCurious. 04/25/24 10:20
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/24/24 20:04
M1 Oversampling
by Petra. 04/24/24 10:34
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/21/24 07:12
Scripts not found
by juergen_wue. 04/20/24 18:51
zorro 64bit command line support
by 7th_zorro. 04/20/24 10:06
StartWeek not working as it should
by jcl. 04/20/24 08:38
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (EternallyCurious, TipmyPip, Quad, AndrewAMD), 898 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: NITRO777] #232111
10/19/08 15:21
10/19/08 15:21
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Probably you did not get my point

Maybe , evolutionism can not be proved beyond any reasonable doubt
It is ridicoulus to expect that this theory may have the same evidence as the physical laws
The point is that creationism can be refuted beyond any reasonable doubt
Since there are two only alternatives , evolutionism is the true theory

Quote:

Right. Because it makes much more sense to believe that matter created itself and then evolved into a dinosaur

You mixed up two topics a) the existance of matter b) the existance of life

the former is not a mistery any more for modern physics
According to the Heisemberg's principle of indetermination " the existance " is a natural state
It seems a paradox but the "non existance" needs a destructor rather than " the existance " a creator "
Obviusly it is not an intuitive claim but it is supported by lab evidences

The latter is still a mistery since nobody can explain how a bulk of molecules can turn into a living organism
The mere chance is definitly excluded even taking into account milion years and bilion stars
I ask you a question
Given for granted assumption a) Suppose that in a near future scientists can create in lab,living organisms
Would you change your mind ?

Last edited by AlbertoT; 10/19/08 16:00.
Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: AlbertoT] #232123
10/19/08 16:22
10/19/08 16:22
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:
Probably you did not get my point
I got your point. What makes you think that you got MY point?

Quote:
You mixed up two topics a) the existance of matter b) the existance of life
No, they are not mixed up. You need matter to exist before you can determine that matter has decided to become alive. You cannot have a word without letter, you cannot have organic molecules without carbon. You cannot have carbon life forms without matter.

Quote:
The point is that creationism can be refuted beyond any reasonable doubt
Since there are two only alternatives , evolutionism is the true theory
Right. I understand your point, the problem is that you dont understand MY point. There are only 2 alternatives therefore in the absence of proof of one, the other must exist. Dont be so arrogant as to think that I cant understand you. Your point is simple, I just disagree with it. I think that you are 100% wrong. It is 100% inverted from the truth.

Quote:
the former is not a mistery any more for modern physics
According to the Heisemberg's principle of indetermination " the existance " is a natural state
It seems a paradox but the "non existance" needs a destructor rather than " the existance " a creator "
Obviusly it is not an intuitive claim but it is supported by lab evidences
Its absolutely ridiculous that anyone would actually consider this as a possibility, it is completely non-sensical.I will ask you this:

WHERE_DID_THE_MATTER_COME_FROM?

Quote:
The latter is still a mistery since nobody can explain how a bulk of molecules can turn into a living organism
The mere chance is definitly excluded even taking into account milion years and bilion stars
I can explain easily. God created life as we know it. He created the major phyla and imprinted within them the dna code to adapt to a variety of environments.

Quote:
Given for granted assumption a) Suppose that in a near future scientists can create in lab,living organisms
Would you change your mind ?
Or suppose you die and see God for yourself. Would that change YOUR mind?

Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: NITRO777] #232133
10/19/08 17:24
10/19/08 17:24
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

Dont be so arrogant as to think that I cant understand you. Your point is simple, I just disagree with it. I think

Typical reaction of creationist
I saw a discussion between Dawkins and an evangelist
Not even an evidence to support his opinion , just an accuse " Dont be arrogant mr Dawkins !"

You got My point ? no doubt about it
The point is that you did not answer
Are you seriously claim that Dino's and men have lived together in the eden ?
If you believe in creationism you must believe it as well as thousand others absurdities

Quote:

Its absolutely ridiculous that anyone would actually consider this as a possibility, it is completely non-sensical.I will ask you this:

I already told you where it comes from
The principle of indetermination
By the way it is called "principle" but it is actually a law which can be demostrated both in theory and in lab

Quote:
I can explain easily. God created life as we know it. He created the major phyla and imprinted within them the dna code to adapt to a variety of environments.

See the cartoon

Quote:

Yes I would
I understand it is an embarassing question but it is far away from being a theoratical question
Bio engineering is definitly very close to create life in lab
What kind of explanation would you provide in this case ?

Last edited by AlbertoT; 10/19/08 17:40.
Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: NITRO777] #232135
10/19/08 17:38
10/19/08 17:38
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:

Sure i would. But honestly i haven't seen a single evidence for the existance of any god. That's why it's called faith, it's not provable, just faith. And so is creationism. It's based on faith, not facts.

I could also believe in the holy flowerpot, and say the earth is made by composting everything to its right shape. Prove me wrong. Haa, you can't, it's my faith. And no matter what you say, it was the holy flowerpot and composting that made the earth, plants and animals, including humans wink

There is unfortunately no fact that would point in the direction of creationism or in the direction of my holy flowerpot.

There are tons of proveable facts that points into the direction of evolution though. This bacteria thingie here is just one. One of the most obvious things is the animals that made Darwin develop its evolution theory. The Darwin finch. You can even see one of this finch species divide into two subspecies at the moment.

Or just think about domestic animals. Breed is also evolution. A chihuahua or a poodle is pretty different from a wolf. And this evolution even happened in the timeframe creationists thinks the earth exists. Initial description of poodle happened in end of 19th century. When there is no evolution, how could a poodle happen? A wolf with black hair, okay, but ow does a poodle fit to the creationistic theory of no evolution?

Yes there were humans involved. But breed follows the same evolutionary principles: mutation and selection.

Last edited by Tiles; 10/19/08 17:45.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: AlbertoT] #232136
10/19/08 17:42
10/19/08 17:42
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis

Quote:

I already told you where it comes from
The principle of indetermination

Otherwise known as the principle of : "You dont have a clue where it came from."

Quote:
I understand it is an embarassing question but it is far away from being a theoratical question
Bio engineering is definitly very close to create life in lab
What kind of explanation would you provide in this case ?
Its not embarassing for me at all, as I have said, I am in college now, I had biology as a major before I switched to math, plus I have studied biology extensively on my own. I know_what_it_takes to have this discussion, do you?

What is your definition of "creating life in the lab"? Do you even know what your asking? Are you talking about something as complex as e-coli, being a eukaryote with reproductive ability?

When you say that bioengineering is close to doing it now, what, specifically are you referring to? Hopefully not those sacks of phospholipids we have been hearing about.

Other than that I can tell that you have an extreme bias against faith and Christianity and I am not interested in flame wars and arguments, I have a lot more important things to do. Thank you.

Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: Tiles] #232137
10/19/08 17:46
10/19/08 17:46
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:
Sure i would. But honestly i haven't seen a single evidence for the existance of any god. That's why it's called faith, it's not provable, just faith. And so is creationism. It's based on faith, not facts
Well I wasnt talking to you. But I guess you want to be in some kind of flame war even though Im pretty sure you dont even know your own theory. therefore you can go fly a kite, Im not interested in haveing this discussion with you.

Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: NITRO777] #232139
10/19/08 17:50
10/19/08 17:50
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
I dont mind having these discussions with you guys, but if your gonna be jerks you can forget me spending one millisecond of my precious time with you. wink

Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: NITRO777] #232140
10/19/08 17:52
10/19/08 17:52
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Flame war? Nope. I thought this is a normal discussion. It was all about arguments. Which you are not willing to discuss it seems ^^

Anyways. When this goes into a flamewar then count me out.

Last edited by Tiles; 10/19/08 17:53.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: NITRO777] #232142
10/19/08 17:54
10/19/08 17:54
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

Otherwise known as the principle of : "You dont have a clue where it came from."

After studying bio and math why dont you switch also to physics ?

Quote:

Do you even know what your asking?

A little arrogant, isnt'it? no problem
You really dont know that bio engineers are already able to create microrganism capable of performing specific task ?
For the time being they get started from existing DNA and other cell components but the microorganism is a brand new one

P.S.

No news about dino's and men living togheter ?

Last edited by AlbertoT; 10/19/08 17:58.
Re: Bacteria evolve in lab over 20 years [Re: AlbertoT] #232144
10/19/08 18:07
10/19/08 18:07
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:
After studying bio and math why dont you switch also to physics ?
I am taking physics also, but my major is math/computer science. I am only interested in Newtonian physics as it applies to real-life motion laws. Only as they apply to games, because I want to be a GAME_PROGRAMMER! Can you believe it!! And here I am on a game_programming_forum! What a cooincidence! grin grin

Quote:
No news about dino's and men living togheter ?
I never_said_they_did. What you are doing is projecting the beliefs of every creationist you hate upon me. I am different from other creationists, we are all different, we dont all believe the same way.

Quote:
You really dont know that bio engineers are already able to create microrganism capable of performing specific task ?
For the time being they get started from existing DNA and other cell components but the microorganism is a brand new one
No I really dont. Where is your source?

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite