Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Trading Journey
by 7th_zorro. 04/27/24 04:42
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by M_D. 04/26/24 20:03
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
M1 Oversampling
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:12
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
MT5 bridge not working on MT5 v. 5 build 4160
by EternallyCurious. 04/25/24 20:49
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TipmyPip, Ayumi), 773 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 9 of 67 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 66 67
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #239759
12/07/08 02:57
12/07/08 02:57
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Sorry for the long posts, but this is even a better passage explaining why unbelievers reject Creationism:
Romans 1
20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #239773
12/07/08 08:25
12/07/08 08:25
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

You provided us with a perfect explanation

" God wants us to come to Him with the faith of a child. "

Nothing more to add,everything being clear

Last edited by AlbertoT; 12/07/08 09:25.
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #239774
12/07/08 08:26
12/07/08 08:26
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
I definitely believe that Creationism should be taught in schools. Darwinism is just a theory. Why shouldn't Creationism be taught in schools?

Because darwinism theory is provable true. And creationism is provable wrong.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #239799
12/07/08 12:08
12/07/08 12:08
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Creationism as a theory is certainly proven wrong but Creationism as a religion, such as Smitty believes in, is neither right or wrong. I think Creationism as a religion should be dealt with in schools in religion class. Many Americans still seriously believe in Creationism and there are many websites about it so it has still some impact on American culture, and should be a topic in religion class, or social studies.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tobias] #239800
12/07/08 12:19
12/07/08 12:19
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

i think that's how it gets handled in most european countries. probably it's better to have religion classes in public schools than leaving them to some obscure sunday schools.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #239810
12/07/08 15:44
12/07/08 15:44
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

I do not believe that Darwinism is proven to be true or that Creationism is proven to be wrong. If we evolved, then why are we not still evolving? I think it takes a great more faith to believe that we evolved, than it does to believe in the Almighty Creator. How sad it is for those who have no hope in anything but this life. How wonderful and marvelous it is to have a personal relationship with the God of this universe! He loves us so much that He created us and the earth for us, but He gives us a free will to believe in Him or reject Him. He loves us so much that even though we reject Him over and over again, He is patient and long-suffering and desires us to come to Him.

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

We love Him because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19

Yes, we have to come to Him in faith. That is the first step that He requires, and unless we seek Him with all our heart, then we can never know Him. And just believing in God is not good enough.

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! James 2:19

The demons believe that there is one God, but they rebelled against Him too. It takes more than just believing that God exists. For most of my life I believed (or thought I believed) that God existed. It was not until I started to search the scriptures for myself and ask God to show me the truth, then I discovered that JESUS CHRIST IS THE WORD AND HE IS ALIVE!

John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

I challege everyone to read the gospel of John and ask God to show you if it is true, but you have to truly be seeking Him with all your heart. You cannot fool God. He knows your heart and whether or not you are truly seeking Him. God will not force Himself on anyone. You have to willingly invite Him into your heart. I think we all have to first come to the point where we allow God to humble us and show us that He is holy, that we are sinners, and that we need the Saviour. Otherwise we continue in our pride believing that we are basically good, and that we can make it through this life without Him.

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

I pray you will seek Him with all your heart. I know He is true and faithful and His word is true and faithful. Keep seeking Him with all your heart and you will find Him.

Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
Matthew 22:37

By the way, if you read the gospel of John and are truly seeking the truth, then God will show you that Jesus is God.

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
John 8:58

May the LORD show you the truth.
smitty

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #239811
12/07/08 15:51
12/07/08 15:51
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Originally Posted By: smitty
I do not believe that Darwinism is proven to be true or that Creationism is proven to be wrong. If we evolved, then why are we not still evolving?

No one says that evolution stopped. If it happend in the past it also happens today. And have you not read the post from LarryLaffer? He showed that Creationism can not be true because when the universe were younger than 14 billion years, we could not see most of the stars that we see now. The reason is the speed of light.

That does not mean Evolution must be true, but it means Creationism must be wrong. At least in the scientific sense, its a classic example of a falsified theory. Its ok if you still believe in it, but this is then a religion and not a theory.

By the way, I'm also a Christian but dont think that your Bible quotes contribute anything to this discussion.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tobias] #239825
12/07/08 16:15
12/07/08 16:15
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Tobias, I know that I am not as intelligent as many others on this forum, but this is what God says about the wise and the foolish:

1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;[a]

Footnotes:

a. Job 5:13

Although I am very impressed and even slightly intimitaded by how intelligent other people may be, the truth is that God is mainly concerned with our hearts. He wants us to have faith in HIM.
How are we still evolving? I believe that God's creation took 6 literal 24 hour days just as He says in His word. I believe the flood made the earth look older. Regarding the stars, God can do anything.

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26

True Christianity is not a religion. Religion is man-made. Religion is man trying to get to God man's way (by works). True Christianity is a personal relationship with the living God which is only possible through Jesus Christ. It is God's way, and it is the only way. God reached down to us, because we are incapable of reaching Him on our own. Creationism is neither a theory or a religion. It is the truth that can only be known when you come to Jesus Christ by faith, admit your a sinner, ask Him to forgive your sins and come into your heart and life and make you His child.

smitty

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #239826
12/07/08 16:32
12/07/08 16:32
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Smitty, you are right that God is concerned with our faith, not our intelligence, and besides I would never say that you are less intelligent than many others on the forum.

The problem is this: There are tons of different scientific observations that all confirm that the universe is 13.7 billion years old, and the earth is 4.5 billion years old.

Of course God could have make it just looking this way, but that would mean that he intentionally deceives all scientists, and does this make any sense to you? Not to me.

God not only speaks to us through the Bible but also through His creation. The difference is that the universe was directly created by God, but the Bible was written down by fallible humans.

So it is much more likely that there is a mistake in the Bible, or in your interpretation of the Bible, than a mistake in God's creation.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tobias] #239828
12/07/08 17:01
12/07/08 17:01
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Tobias, I believe that God wants us to believe Him and not what man says.

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7

I believe that the bible in it's original context is inspired by the Holy Spirit (God breathed), inerrant, and was written by prophets who were filled with the Holy Spirit and guided by Him what to write for God's divine purpose. I believe that the KJV is a just a translation (I have many Christian friends who disagree with me on this) and is not inerrant or written by the prophets who were given the original revelation by the Holy Spirit, but I do believe that God can use translations to preserve and reveal the truth of His word. I agree with you that God speaks to us in three ways: His word, His creation, and His Son Jesus Christ. Yes, man is fallible, but God can and does use anyone and anything He chooses to accomplish His purpose. I am not asking anyone to believe me, but to read the word of God for themselves and ask God if His word is true. God does not make mistakes. It is man, not God, who fails.

Page 9 of 67 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 66 67

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite