Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
basik85278
by basik85278. 04/28/24 08:56
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by M_D. 04/26/24 20:03
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
M1 Oversampling
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:12
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 730 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 12 of 67 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 66 67
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #239925
12/08/08 11:01
12/08/08 11:01
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Tiles,

Darwinism has never been proven to be true no matter how many times you or any scientist says it has been. Not all scientists believe in Darwinism. There are many scientists who believe in Creationism. Did you read any of the articles I linked in my earlier posts? Creation Science is true because the word of God is true. Just because something is "science" does not necessarily make it true. Every bit of knowledge and fact as you claim does not prove Darwinism, because it has never been proven to be a fact. Nobody has ever disproven God or the bible even though many have tried, so Creationism is not a disproven fact. It takes faith to believe either one, and I still say that it takes a great deal more faith to believe that everything just happened and that we all evolved from slimy, creepy things and monkeys. The bible makes much more sense to me, and I don't have to be a brain surgeon, rocket scientist or nuclear physicist to see it. Man is not equal to God. God made man perfect. It was man who disobeyed God and failed. Creationism is not a fairy tale. It makes perfect sense because God is perfect. It is not a way to gain control over anyone. God is already in control of all things. He is sovereign in everything. He does not force us to choose Him or believe His word. He wants us to come to Him in faith. Yes, man is sinful and has always done great evil in the name of God, but we cannot judge God and His word by man. Tiles, I ask that you just read the gospel of John and keep asking God to reveal Himself to you. If you truly seek Him with all your heart, then He will show you that He is truth and His word is truth. My prayer for you is that you will want to know the truth that there is a God, that He is holy, that He cannot have sin in his presence, and that the only way to have our sins removed is by asking Christ to forgive our sins and save us through his atoning blood and resurrection. I am pleading with you not to harden your heart to His love for you. I pray the Holy Spirit will draw you to Christ and show you the truth. Keep asking God. He will show you!

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #239930
12/08/08 11:58
12/08/08 11:58
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
i didn't say their mums kept them out of science. i simply gave a similar example to show why neither the school nor the topic at hand can be blamed for "excluding" those kids.

Let me put it this way. If you had kids and for some reason the nearest public school was teaching strictly about the Qur'an in their religion module, wouldn't you pull your kids away from it (I'm not talking about senior high school years when it doesn't matter if they're been taught Scientology or whatever since no one really pays attention. I'm talking mostly about ages 9-14 or so..)

Anyhow. I'm not a very strong supporter about either way myself. I'm mostly concerned about semantics (what theory means) than anything else really..

@smitty, please stop posting bible quotes, no one's reading them anyway. Mind you a christian troll is no better than any other troll.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #239931
12/08/08 12:00
12/08/08 12:00
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Tiles,

If you have not checked out The Institute for Creation Research, then here is the link again:

http://www.icr.org/

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #239932
12/08/08 12:01
12/08/08 12:01
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
Darwinism has never been proven to be true no matter how many times you or any scientist says it has been.

Untrue. Every little fact points in direction of Darwinism.

Quote:

There are many scientists who believe in Creationism.

Untrue. They just argue about details of evolution theory.

Quote:
Did you read any of the articles I linked in my earlier posts?

I`ve read the whole propaganda more than once before. I know the creationistic methods of lie, faking and quote out of context. Ratter methods.

Just to remind: You shall not lie!

Quote:

Creation Science is true because the word of God is true.

There is no god.

Quote:
Every bit of knowledge and fact as you claim does not prove Darwinism, because it has never been proven to be a fact.

You cannot argue away fossils. And you have obviously absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Quote:
Nobody has ever disproven God or the bible even though many have tried, so Creationism is not a disproven fact.

There is no fact for the existance of a god. Not a single one. That is why it's called faith. Else it would be called knowledge.

Nearly every little sentence of the Genesis collides with nowadays science and facts. It is Provable wrong.

Last edited by Tiles; 12/08/08 12:19.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: LarryLaffer] #239933
12/08/08 12:07
12/08/08 12:07
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Larry, I was not aware that it was against the rules here to post the word of God, or are you just trying to silence the truth? How do you know that no one reads them? I think it is rude of you to call me or anyone a troll or any other name.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #239941
12/08/08 12:31
12/08/08 12:31
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
trying to silence the truth?

That's creationism job ...

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #239943
12/08/08 12:35
12/08/08 12:35
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Originally Posted By: smitty
Nobody has ever disproven God or the bible even though many have tried

You can't be serious...

I have only one more thing to add to this and of course you're free to believe whatever you want:

No one really knows if there's a God or not. That's why I've explained above that a scientist is agnostic by nature. That's because there's not real evidence one way or the other. Natural Evolution (I kinda hate the word Darwinism.. like it's a cult or something... and people who believe in General Relativity should be called Einsteinism) and the Big Bang theory only theorize on how the universe was created and how all this condensed energy expanded into our universe, but even the law on conservation of energy does not even attempt to explain how this energy was introduced to our system in the first place.

Now, even though scientists don't really know if there's a God or not, they can certainly pick up all religious literature such as the Bible and the Qur'an and disprove the hell out of those. So if you try to put the bible under the same testing that Natural Evolution is being subjected to, it will fail catastrophically on every level.

Cheers,
Aris

Now let's lighten up the mood a bit:

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #239944
12/08/08 12:41
12/08/08 12:41
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Tiles,

Here are some articles about fossils.
http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=home...ord_any=fossils

I have to get ready for work now. I pray God will show you the truth!

Love, grace & peace to you all,
smitty

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: LarryLaffer] #239945
12/08/08 12:44
12/08/08 12:44
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Quote:
Larry, I was not aware that it was against the rules here to post the word of God, or are you just trying to silence the truth? How do you know that no one reads them? I think it is rude of you to call me or anyone a troll or any other name.

Well, like it or not, when you're spamming these forums with massive copypastas, be it from the bible or the latest edition of comsopolitan, you are indeed trolling around and that's frowned upon in these forums. Take it as a word of advice, use your own words when you post and reference any quotes you want through links and you'll at least gain a little more respect this way.

Friendly,
Aris

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: LarryLaffer] #239946
12/08/08 12:49
12/08/08 12:49
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

I know God exists because He lives in my heart. He has shown me that He and His word are true and faithful. I have no doubts about Him or His word. smile Take heed of His words, my friends!

Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.
Psalm 2:12

Page 12 of 67 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 66 67

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite