Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/21/24 07:12
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by EternallyCurious. 04/20/24 21:39
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/20/24 20:57
Scripts not found
by juergen_wue. 04/20/24 18:51
zorro 64bit command line support
by 7th_zorro. 04/20/24 10:06
StartWeek not working as it should
by jcl. 04/20/24 08:38
folder management functions
by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, rki), 390 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 13 of 67 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 66 67
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: LarryLaffer] #239947
12/08/08 12:51
12/08/08 12:51
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Larry, thank you for your advice. I will try not to post anything to lengthy in the future.
Take Care.

Smitty

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #239952
12/08/08 13:15
12/08/08 13:15
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Originally Posted By: Tiles
Every new bit of knowledge and facts proves the darwinism true. And not a single one has disproven the Darwinism theory in 150 years. Because ALL facts points in directon of Darwinism. I think we can pretty well talk of it as proven knowledge. If not that what else is? What's next to deny because it doesn't fit to a 2000 year old religion? Gravity? Isn't mentioned in the bible. so kill gravity, KILL ...

Reminds me of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_falling
smile

smitty:
I read half of the first link you gave me and then stopped.
Sorry, but this is just rubbish. For example:
Quote:
But since people and chimpanzees eat the same food, breathe the same air, and drink the same water, wouldn't much of their DNA be the same?

Yeah. But WHY do chimpanzees eat the same food, breathe the same air, and drink the same water? But they could also eat other food. This is just an evidence for Evolution!

Btw, I also think Bible quotes are really annoying. And if the Bible is really the onliest source for Creationism, it surely can't be called "scientific theory"!

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #239957
12/08/08 13:28
12/08/08 13:28
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Originally Posted By: Lucas

Reminds me of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_falling

I've stamped on a quote about this myself:

It's not Gravity, it's Intelligent Falling. Angels are pushing from above. ..

Good stuff smile

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #239958
12/08/08 13:40
12/08/08 13:40
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
Tiles,

Here are some articles about fossils.
http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=home...ord_any=fossils

Again time to remind you, you shall not lie. That's a sin. You already have. Time for a few ave marias, isn't it? wink

Faked articles is lie. The by you linked articles are highly manipulated to fit Creationism. They leave away facts, they manipulate, they quote out of context and introduce hair-raising solutions just for the sake of fitting to creationism. This is propaganda and war material from soul catchers.

I can show you a by creationists quoted Darwin statement. Must even be in this thread. Quoted in a way that lets Darwin say Evolution Theory is wrong. Nothing different with the by you given links. Lies. Fake.

Lying that way should be against law in my opinion. It's Swindle. It's bogus. It's highly unethical. And done by an institution that says from itself that it is the source of all ethics ...

Last edited by Tiles; 12/08/08 13:47.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #239965
12/08/08 15:11
12/08/08 15:11
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:
. the Roman Catholic Church was responsible for a lot of persecution of Scientifically minded people, including Galileo.

This is a very popular opinion but it is false
Galileo has never been persecuted by the Catholic Church

Galileo was asked to prove the validity of the Eliocentric theory in front of a scientific (not a religious ) commitee of jesuit scientists but he failed

He used the argument of the high\low tides but the jesuits demostrated that tides do not depend on the movement of the earth

The famous sentence that he pronounced
" Eppur si muove " ( Nevertheless it moves )
has been understood as :
" I am right but you have the power "
On the contrary Galileo meant
" You may be right about the tides but I am right about the earth "

The positions of the Church was :
Since the eliocentric theory can not be proved beyond any reasonable doubt then the Bible must prevail, which is a quite reasonable position

The sure evidences of the eliocentic theory came only some hundred years later
At that point the Chatholic Church immediatly admitted that the Bible must be considered infallible only for ethics and religious matters

This to say that modern fundamentalists are much worse, from this point of view, than the Chatholic Church of the middle age, 150 years after , they are still insisting that Darwinism is not a proved theory
Unbelievable

Last edited by AlbertoT; 12/08/08 15:22.
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: AlbertoT] #239967
12/08/08 15:20
12/08/08 15:20
Nashua NH
heinekenbottle Offline
heinekenbottle  Offline

Nashua NH
"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."

-Bobby Henderson, the Flying Spaghetti Monster's prophet

I was once Anonymous_Alcoholic.

Code Breakpoint;
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: heinekenbottle] #239979
12/08/08 16:39
12/08/08 16:39
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Since you think I am a liar, you do not believe in God, and you think the bible is a fairy tale. I will not waste any more of my time or yours. I will continue to pray for you.

Mark 6:11 And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #240027
12/08/08 22:14
12/08/08 22:14
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: smitty
Since you think I am a liar, you do not believe in God, and you think the bible is a fairy tale. I will not waste any more of my time or yours.

... smile

You've missed the point, it's not about whether or not the Bible is a fairytale. It's all about how much faith you and other Christians put into the book as if it's not a fairytale. Frankly, most evidence points in a totally different direction.

Quote:
I will continue to pray for you.

I wouldn't know why religious people always say this, I often wonder if they truly do, but perhaps it makes you feel better saying it anyway... wink

Quote:
Mark 6:11 And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”

Good, but you should really be aware that fear tactics won't work on people that do not believe. Besides, isn't God all about forgiveness, righteousness and what not? After all, you believe in Jesus Christ and what he did, but at the same time you condemn the non believers as if you're, uhm no disrespect, God itself,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: PHeMoX] #240037
12/08/08 23:13
12/08/08 23:13
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Phemox, I will reply to you. I believe the bible is the word of God, not a fairy tale. That is why I put so much faith in it. Yes, I will pray for you. I am not condemning anyone. I am only telling you what God says in His word. It is up to you to believe it or not. Yes, God is forgiving, but He is also holy and righteous and will not allow sin in His presence. That is why Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead. I know I am a sinner and that it is only Christ's atoning blood and resurrection that saves me. It is God and His Word (Jesus Christ) who is the judge, not me.

John 3
10Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

1 John 5:13

13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #240043
12/09/08 00:01
12/09/08 00:01
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:
Let me put it this way. If you had kids and for some reason the nearest public school was teaching strictly about the Qur'an in their religion module, wouldn't you pull your kids away from it (I'm not talking about senior high school years when it doesn't matter if they're been taught Scientology or whatever since no one really pays attention. I'm talking mostly about ages 9-14 or so..)
while it's a good example, it is still strictly me excluding them from it, assuming i would pull them away from it. i don't think i actually would pull them away from it. i'm not a huge fan of protecting kids from the world; more helping them grow in such a way that they can deal with it. if they're protected from other belief systems and then step out into the big bad world where they make Muslim friends who try to convert them and all they can say is "how come i didn't know about any of this?" that would be bad.

Quote:
Good, but you should really be aware that fear tactics won't work on people that do not believe. Besides, isn't God all about forgiveness, righteousness and what not? After all, you believe in Jesus Christ and what he did, but at the same time you condemn the non believers as if you're, uhm no disrespect, God itself,
righteousness = punish all the sinners! forgiveness = "accept me as your friend and i'll forget all your sins you've ever committed, and ever will commit." that's Christianity in a nutshell.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Page 13 of 67 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 66 67

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite