Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Blobsculptor tools and objects download here
by NeoDumont. 03/28/24 03:01
Issue with Multi-Core WFO Training
by aliswee. 03/24/24 20:20
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by Edgar_Herrera. 03/23/24 21:41
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 03/06/24 09:27
VSCode instead of SED
by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Imhotep, opm), 785 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Please help me (this is SO off topic)! [Re: Lukas] #210651
06/11/08 23:17
06/11/08 23:17
B
Batfox Offline
Batfox  Offline
B

Alright, but I can't do PMs, so, does anyone know his email?

P.S. sry I started a whole new topic thing, but I need help and can't get it anywhere else!

When do you want to die? [Re: Batfox] #210679
06/12/08 09:11
06/12/08 09:11
Frankfurt
jcl Offline OP

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline OP

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
Yes, that was a forum glitch that affected a few users who registered in mid-May. You should be able to post now.

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? [Re: jcl] #233915
10/31/08 06:16
10/31/08 06:16
Australia
EvilSOB Offline
Expert
EvilSOB  Offline
Expert

Australia
Pick a random number, but the important clause is this.

BEFORE I HAVE TIME TO NOTICE.

"There is no fate but what WE make." - CEO Cyberdyne Systems Corp.
A8.30.5 Commercial
Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? [Re: jcl] #234568
11/03/08 16:15
11/03/08 16:15
NC
E
Electroreactive Offline
Electroreactive  Offline
E

NC
When I want to die is irrelevant. I have 54 years left. It's not enough... but it's what I have left.

I'd pick 2000 years if I could, and I'll pick the closest to that once I finish writing this.

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? [Re: Electroreactive] #240447
12/11/08 00:22
12/11/08 00:22
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

I think it is very interesting that according to the poll on the first page, the majority of the people who took it want to live forever. I would not want to live forever in this life. What a terrible thought to think that we would just continue to grow older and sicker in this world which continues to decay as a result of man's evil and sin. Of course it is better than the alternative if you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour and are bound for eternity in the Lake of Fire. I know that God is sovereign in all things and that our lives our in His hands. Thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? [Re: smitty] #240531
12/11/08 13:16
12/11/08 13:16
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
@smitty: Please go ahead and explain the difference between eternal life in heaven and eternal life here on earth (or wherever future space travel would take 'us').

Originally Posted By: smitty
I think it is very interesting that according to the poll on the first page, the majority of the people who took it want to live forever. I would not want to live forever in this life.

You'll have to put things in perspective when it comes to people that actually very much hold on to their current lives. Perhaps you're life isn't that great wink and although my life certainly isn't perfect, my life is great enough to want to live much much longer than humanly possible.

Living for all eternity may become boring after a while, but on the other hand just think of our current world and compare it to 50 years back. Enough interesting differences in my opinion. Then again, what's 50 years on the scale of infinity? Regardless, there would suddenly be plenty of possibilities otherwise vastly limited by the factor time.

Quote:
Of course it is better than the alternative if you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour and are bound for eternity in the Lake of Fire. I know that God is sovereign in all things and that our lives our in His hands. Thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

So... do you get like bonus points from your God for mentioning this or something? :P

Quote:
What a terrible thought to think that we would just continue to grow older and sicker in this world which continues to decay as a result of man's evil and sin.

It depends on your look on what it would or should be like to live for eternity. In my opinion, I'd not want to live forever if it would mean living 80 years in good health and the rest of infinity as a half rotten corpse.

Having said that, I don't think the world is decaying. A better observation would be that the world simply changes all the time.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? [Re: PHeMoX] #240596
12/11/08 17:24
12/11/08 17:24
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Hi Phemox! smile

Eternal life (for believers) is being with God forever. This earth will be destroyed. There will be a new heaven and a new earth for all believers. All the unsaved will also have eternal life, but they will live forever in the Lake of Fire (hell). Actually, I have a very full, wonderful life, and I am very thankful to the Lord for the life He has given me. The Lord has given me a wonderful godly spouse and a wonderful family who I love dearly and who all love me. My MAIN purpose is to glorify God in any way I am able. I am truly thankful for the life He has given me and all the blessings He has bestowed on me. I am thankful to Him that He is always with me, but most of all I am thankful to Him for saving me so that I may live forever with Him. I do not get bonus points, lol. Believers will receive rewards for what they have done for the Lord. The rewards will be in the form of crowns that I believe we will be able to toss at the Lord's feet as a form of worship of Him.

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? [Re: smitty] #240965
12/13/08 17:31
12/13/08 17:31
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
It would be interesting for me to live eternally or at least a million years on earth. According to scientists, earth does not decay but will continue to exist for many million years.

But what would mean eternal life on earth for me as a Christian? If our scientists are smart enough to find a way for living millions of years, then because God gave us our smartness. I see no reason why using it would be against Gods ways.

By the way, I believe in God, but certainly not in lakes of fire or such, which have no base in the bible. The lakes of fire are as existent as Santa Claus or the little angels with the trumpets. No one knows for sure what happens when we die, but most likely we cease to exists as individuals.

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? [Re: Tobias] #241173
12/14/08 20:43
12/14/08 20:43
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
most of the people want to live forever including me. but the thing is that now it's like that. but the life could become dull to you and everything might become boring to you in less then 100 years.

yes i voted for never to die but who knows what will i think/want 60 years later. some people get so exhausted of their life and it's problems.

i'd like to live forever, but under one condition. that i can die whenever i want to. so if i become exhausted of living, i can die and become free. but that's just my theory smile

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: When do you want to die? [Re: KoH] #256770
03/18/09 22:45
03/18/09 22:45
UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
Realistically probably wish i had never been born after looking around the world, but now i am here, survival is the thing.

I could never succeed to kill myself really since i left my body once and know that the essence of me does not die. I know those who has not had any such experience may think different.

I don't think the world will come to an end in my physical lifetime so i have no fear of "spending eternity in the vacuum of space".

Anyway energy exists in space so why not i too when i shake off this physical vessel, for i am but energy trapped in a physical vessel.

A8.3x Commercial, AcknexWrapper and VS 2010 Express
○pararealist now.
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite