Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, bigsmack, 7th_zorro, dr_panther), 1,364 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: PHeMoX] #218393
07/28/08 11:41
07/28/08 11:41
T
tD_Datura_v Offline
tD_Datura_v  Offline
T

Quote:
Mmm, contradicting because you do not think those last three points are valid?

What? If it was enjoyed, I might find more concern in the validity of ice cream.
If that is a ploy of contrast, an attempt to negate any enjoyment derived from one or more forms of word play (might be intentionally offered contradiction, recently), then maybe enjoyment can be found in that also or alternately.
However, with that extension, perhaps, the semblance to a form of masturbation is needlessly heavy.

item n
Quote:
*attitude is fine, I am actually really open minded on the subject

Indeed, it is fine and dandy, when not an issue...it solves itself. smile
(The attitudes may serve a purpose, and there is nearly an automatic appearance about it, in some cases.)

item n
Quote:
*religion is never about uniting anyone

Point, opinion, device or other, for all and that, agreement might be found in proximity of Neverland, and relevancy for this expression might be nearer still.

item n
Quote:
*it is used to keep people in one group

What use is that?
Concerning the use of such ~devices, if that arrangement is satisfactory, where is competition and collaboration placed?

item n
Quote:
*without exception, it will create a 'us and them' issue

"That foolishness is despicable, but consistent."
"Humanity is a them and an us, but 'we' are unity and finality."

Quote:
Those last three points can be observed,

I don't have access to all observers, but yes, some may have claimed points.
However, it is possible that not all such points are taken in groups of three.
(When in Rome...)

Quote:
but it takes the perspective of an 'outsider' I guess,

"Often , I find the collective, but separate, inner perspectives, more palatable."
-some mentalist
Quote:
as many from within such groups do not see it like this.

The interpretation is dependent on the observer(s) and so forth?

Quote:
That in itself might sound contradictory, but I don't think it is or must be.

That might depend on what meaning for contradiction is favored for favor.

Quote:
Anyways, I'm more interested in the human psychology behind it all,

Interest, preoccupation, obsession, whatever floats merrily down the stream, over the falls, off into an abyss, onto another stream, and again...(ah, where's the cap for this)
With no surprise, matters related to frequency, might again, arise.

Actually, if you could spin the cycle out to conclusion, nicely, but briefly, that would be appreciated.
That is assuming a close, would be hollow otherwise, and also, that some find a measure of pleasure, in a form of last word closure.

Some rotten assumptions were just discarded.

(No, there is no similar ring here between religion and anti-religion.)

Why have you done this to broozar's thread?
Where is your respect for others and their spaces?
smile
(Bah, the yellow faces are still without taste, but here they find a suitable place.)

Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: tD_Datura_v] #218404
07/28/08 12:51
07/28/08 12:51
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
What? If it was enjoyed, I might find more concern in the validity of ice cream.
If that is a ploy of contrast, an attempt to negate any enjoyment derived from one or more forms of word play (might be intentionally offered contradiction, recently), then maybe enjoyment can be found in that also or alternately.
However, with that extension, perhaps, the semblance to a form of masturbation is needlessly heavy.

I must say you lost me there a bit, but don't bother explaining the joke. wink It's not so much a contrast when you think it's actually irrelevant , but then we simply disagree on that.

Quote:
The attitudes may serve a purpose, and there is nearly an automatic appearance about it, in some cases.

Attitudes always serve a purpose, but there's nothing really all automatic about it, it always remains a choice. Probably sounds slightly contradicting to you as well? smile

Quote:
Why have you done this to broozar's thread?
Where is your respect for others and their spaces?

I beg your pardon, did what? I've asked questions that purposefully or not were left unanswered, but that's okey. I wasn't the thread starter so I don't really care so much in that I demand answers or anything. But I do not see why it must be my fault now that this thread derailed somewhat and seems to be 'dying'. Respect has little to do with this, I don't think I was disrespectful here, unless you think saying the rules don't really work is disrespectful.

Quote:
[*unity*] Point, opinion, device or other, for all and that, agreement might be found in proximity of Neverland, and relevancy for this expression might be nearer still.

Probably true, as you seem to deny that this is observable in just about all religions? Perhaps even literally all religions as it's a fundamental 'tool' keeping people's interest and demanding a form of psychological loyalty to a group.

Quote:
The interpretation is dependent on the observer(s) and so forth?

Not really, but as explained it takes someone without bias to make the correct interpretation. The correct interpretation isn't perhaps as subjective as biased people tend to believe, which is why they are biased after all... but as always when it comes to bias, it's only bias in the eyes of people that disagree.

By the way, perhaps contrary to what you might believe, at no time have I demanded some kind of conformation to what is my own opinion. There is however always a difference between that what can be observed quite objectively and how you turn that into your own opinion.

Quote:
What use is that?
Concerning the use of such ~devices, if that arrangement is satisfactory, where is competition and collaboration placed?

Power, control, money, more power, more control, more money...? Competition and collaboration are definitely part of this, but people within the group usually are encouraged on a psychological level to compete, collaborate and so on. That's how peer pressure and the other psychological 'tools' work, ideally you will need a group to get the best effect.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: PHeMoX] #218410
07/28/08 13:32
07/28/08 13:32
India
M
msl_manni Offline
msl_manni  Offline
M

India
I would like to throw some petrol in the fire. I dont see the common sense in discussing the exsistence of GOD. We as a delicate creatures, who dont know how they exist in present, trying to understand exsistence of all creations, is a laughable topic.

And why do we need to understand the purpose of our exsistence? And were we created purposefully by a superior form? Or is it a fluke of Evolution? Why do we seek for the word GOD? And who coined the term GOD and what was its purpose?

Till we dont understand wether the humanity needs a GOD or not, there is no use in discussing such topics. I belive that the exsistence of GOD, the term, is purposefully coined throught the evolution period and the existence of humans, for its meagre needs.LOL.

My Specialities Limited.
Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: msl_manni] #218414
07/28/08 13:48
07/28/08 13:48
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
I definitely agree, (to some extent, as all this does teach a lot about psychology and culture) it's pointless to discuss a theoretical being of which we know absolutely nothing. At the same time it's the main reason why I do not believe in God at all, but it doesn't change for me that it's interesting to learn what people think of all this that do believe in the existence of God.

But at times it's a somewhat fine line between where my curiosity starts and my respect ends when it comes to the 'making sense' of any religion. It doesn't mean I'm disrespectful to the people, but instead disrespectful to their belief... whether you believe there's a difference between both depends on your own opinion I guess.

Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: PHeMoX] #218655
07/29/08 18:17
07/29/08 18:17
T
tD_Datura_v Offline
tD_Datura_v  Offline
T

:deleted:
reason=pointless loop

Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: tD_Datura_v] #218696
07/30/08 00:08
07/30/08 00:08
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
@tD_Datura_v, you know there is a delete button for your post to delete right? I've seen posts like this alot lately from you grin.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: Joozey] #240456
12/11/08 00:55
12/11/08 00:55
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

God has always existed from eternity past. Jesus Christ/God died for our sins and rose from the dead. He is risen! He lives forever!

Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: smitty] #240525
12/11/08 12:45
12/11/08 12:45
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
smitty, why are you grabbing out old threads to say basically the same in each of them? You already severally mentioned that you believe in god. wink

Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: Lukas] #240532
12/11/08 13:20
12/11/08 13:20
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Lukas
smitty, why are you grabbing out old threads to say basically the same in each of them? You already severally mentioned that you believe in god. wink

( /joke ) He needs the circular conformation of what he believes in by saying he believes in something a lot, but in reality he has mountains of doubts in his search for justification of his beliefs. wink

Cheers

Re: does god _still_ exist? when did god die? [Re: PHeMoX] #240560
12/11/08 15:43
12/11/08 15:43
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Nope, I have no doubts at all concerning the Lord smile I am praising the Lord and proclaiming His Name as all believers are told by Him in His word to do!

Click to reveal..
Psalm 7:17
I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Psalm 7:16-17 (in Context) Psalm 7 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 18:49
Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
Psalm 18:48-50 (in Context) Psalm 18 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 54:6
I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for it is good.
Psalm 54:5-7 (in Context) Psalm 54 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 86:12
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
Psalm 86:11-13 (in Context) Psalm 86 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 92:1
IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH:
Psalm 92:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 92 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 102:21
To declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem;
Psalm 102:20-22 (in Context) Psalm 102 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 106:47
Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise.
Psalm 106:46-48 (in Context) Psalm 106 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 113:1
Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.
Psalm 113:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 113 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 113:3
From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD's name is to be praised.
Psalm 113:2-4 (in Context) Psalm 113 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 135:1
Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the name of the LORD; praise him, O ye servants of the LORD.
Psalm 135:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 135 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 135:3
Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.
Psalm 135:2-4 (in Context) Psalm 135 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 145:21
My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.
Psalm 145:20-21 (in Context) Psalm 145 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 148:5
Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.
Psalm 148:4-6 (in Context) Psalm 148 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 148:13
Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
Psalm 148:12-14 (in Context) Psalm 148 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 12:4
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
Isaiah 12:3-5 (in Context) Isaiah 12 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 25:1
O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
Isaiah 25:1-3 (in Context) Isaiah 25 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 42:8
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Isaiah 42:7-9 (in Context) Isaiah 42 (Whole Chapter)

Last edited by Lukas; 12/11/08 16:53. Reason: [spoiler] added
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite