Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Quad, M_D), 1,217 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 30 of 67 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 66 67
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #240807
12/12/08 18:31
12/12/08 18:31
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
Ah, but I do know that the Lord does exist and that He is truth and His word is truth.

And the pope is jewish.

I think i said it before. There is not a single fact pointing in the direction of the existance of a god. That's why it is called faith and not knowledge.

Last edited by Tiles; 12/12/08 18:39.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #240809
12/12/08 18:41
12/12/08 18:41
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Originally Posted By: Dooley
Getting back to the question at hand, all I'm arguing is that since it remains impossible to prove or disprove the existence of God, it is still a viable explanation for the existence of the universe, the beginning of life, and the mechanism of evolution, and should not be ignored.

So you are saying you cannot prove or disprove god. Do you know what things do that you can't prove or disprove? They don't matter! It's like claiming that there parallel universe wich doesn't have any influence in our universe. It wouldn't matter. You couldn't prove or disprove it. It's the same for god. You can't prove or disprove the existence of god because he doesn't influence in the world!

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #240810
12/12/08 18:47
12/12/08 18:47
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Originally Posted By: smitty
Ah, but I do know that the Lord does exist and that He is truth and His word is truth. Yes, I understood what you said, Lukas. smile No, I cannot disprove what you said anymore than you can disprove God and His word (the bible). smile I thought the video was stupid. I did not need to watch anymore. Creationism IS true. It is not a religion. It is NOT disproven. smile God DOES exist and evolution is not proven and false. smile

So you cannot disprove what I said. And what I said disproves the existence of god!
You say I can't disprove "God's word" the bible? Haha! The bible is rubbish! Almost everything in the bible IS DISPROVEN!

Evolution IS proven! Evolution IS true!

EDIT: Oh yes, you NEED to watch the video! Don't refuse seeing the truth!

Last edited by Lukas; 12/12/08 18:49.
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #240813
12/12/08 19:11
12/12/08 19:11
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:
I think there is no real random, we just can't find out these things exactly.
I think there is a real determinism.

Quote:
He (Einstein) thought that quantum physics was temporary and that one day we would discover the hidden world underneath; a world that isn't probabilistic. But sophisticated experiments done during the last 20 years have convinced physicists that, in this case, Einstein was wrong

Something in between

Quantum physics by itself is deterministic but it is not intuitive,the physical meaning of the parameters of the equations and of the relevant results being partially unknown

Human beings reason by analogies
The indeterminism of quantum physics is due to the fact that we try to describe entities which are beyond the limits of ou experience ( protons, electrons etc ) using analogies with our world ( particles , waves) as well as to the interference with the measuring instruments

The orbit of the moon does not change whether you watch it or not, different story for an electron

Going to philosophy

The error of Einstein was to implicitly assume ( even though it was an atheist) a sharp distinction : mind and matter

If what we call mind is the mere results of a neural networks than also our mind is part of the measuring pipeline same as the instrumentation for measuring the position of the electrons

Having said that I dont mean that quantum physics has definitely excluded the existence of soul

A reasonable critic was :
If measuring generate probabilistic results and our materialistic mind is part of the measuring system why do all scientists agree on the result of the same experiment ?

The question is still open

For those who are intersted I would suggest to read " Quantum physics and Phylosophi " by Werner Heisemberg
An outdated book but still a masterpiece

Last edited by AlbertoT; 12/12/08 19:16.
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: AlbertoT] #240820
12/12/08 19:45
12/12/08 19:45
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Someone mentioned also the theory of the intelligent design
As far as I know most of the scientists do not accept it, either

The Catholic church, thanks to his thousand years wisdom ,have realized that it is the last beach for religion
The topic is very complex, I would just make a , so to speak, critic from an ethical point of view

The Bible claims that men and animals have been living in peace in the Eden, but because of the original sin they started struggling for life

Well....ok...it can make some sense in case of creationism and the intelligent design ?

Fossils clearly demostrate that animals were fitted with claws and long teeth from the very beginning, before , the monkey who had just been turned into a man, ate the apple

I watched a program on television, some time ago

A female camel refused to have sex with two male camels, because she had to take care of her kid

No problem
One male camel engaged the female camel while the other one kicked her baby to death

Should I assume that such behavior has been planned on purpose , by a God of love?

I was touched and I dont think to be a particular sweet hearted guy

Last edited by AlbertoT; 12/12/08 19:49.
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #240823
12/12/08 19:47
12/12/08 19:47
Nashua NH
heinekenbottle Offline
heinekenbottle  Offline

Nashua NH
Quote:

It is not stupid. Watch the whole video!

Oh mighty milk jug! do watch over me and be my guiding light!

I was once Anonymous_Alcoholic.

Code Breakpoint;
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #240831
12/12/08 20:33
12/12/08 20:33
Chicago, IL
Dooley Offline
User
Dooley  Offline
User

Chicago, IL
Originally Posted By: Lukas

So you are saying you cannot prove or disprove god. Do you know what things do that you can't prove or disprove? They don't matter! It's like claiming that there parallel universe wich doesn't have any influence in our universe. It wouldn't matter. You couldn't prove or disprove it. It's the same for god. You can't prove or disprove the existence of god because he doesn't influence in the world!

Not exactly. I'm saying that since science is uterly incapable of explaining how life originated, or how the physical laws originated, or how matter itself came into existence, and since all of these things seem to follow an orderly, intelligent system, it serves to argue that the first cause may have been an Intelligent God, instead of whatever it is you materialists might suppose.

This is compounded by the fact that throughout history, many people have stepped forward and have claimed that an almighty God has communicated to them through various means, and has inspired books etc...

Ignoring these books and prophets etc... is actually unscientific, because all the data available is not being considered.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #240836
12/12/08 20:51
12/12/08 20:51
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
"I'm saying that since science is uterly incapable of explaining how life originated, ..."
jcl said that there are many theories about that. We just don't know yet which exactly is the right. But what we know is that is DID happen by chance!

"and since all of these things seem to follow an orderly, intelligent system, ..."
Does it?

"Ignoring these books and prophets etc... is actually unscientific, because all the data available is not being considered."
It's not unscientific to ignore insane claims by unknown people. If I wrote a book with ridiculous claims that I met some superior being it wouldn't be considered unscientific if scientists ignore it! And don't call it "available data"! It's no data. It's ridiculous claims.

Any you fully ignored my actual message: If god can't be proven or disproven, it means that he doesn't influence in the world!

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #240837
12/12/08 20:54
12/12/08 20:54
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

science is uterly incapable of explaining how life originated

true

Quote:

or how the physical laws originated

There are many valid theories

Quote:

or how matter itself came into existence,

Yes and no
In quantum physics , " existance " is the natural state ,
The " non existance " does not exist
A non intuitive issue but supported by the theory and lab evidences

Quote:

the first cause may have been an Intelligent God

Intelligent maybe, but please spare me the God of love

Quote:

Ignoring these books and prophets etc... is actually unscientific, because all the data available is not being considered.

Definitely not a scientifc argument, for obvious reasons

Last edited by AlbertoT; 12/12/08 20:55.
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #240840
12/12/08 21:00
12/12/08 21:00
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Dooley, my sole purpose for sending you that link was because Walid was a PLO terrorist who came to believe in Jesus Christ.

It is not Paul's Christianity. The Law in the OT was given as a schoolmaster to teach us that we are incapable of keeping God's laws and lead us to the Messiah/Saviour Jesus Christ who is God.

Page 30 of 67 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 66 67

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite