Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
folder management functions
by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
lookback setting performance issue
by 7th_zorro. 04/16/24 03:08
zorro 64bit command line support
by 7th_zorro. 04/15/24 09:36
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/14/24 07:48
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
LPDIRECT3DCUBETEXTUR
E9

by Ayumi. 04/12/24 11:00
Sam Foster Sound | Experienced Game Composer for Hire
by titanicpiano14. 04/11/24 14:56
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (EternallyCurious, 7th_zorro, 1 invisible), 478 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 46 of 67 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 66 67
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #241699
12/18/08 08:58
12/18/08 08:58
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:
And no evidence means it doesn't exist.
like how if a murderer leaves no evidence, and there are no eye-witnesses, then no one did it, right?
Quote:
Hmm, must've overlooked this one. You say you have seen something like that? And even when, what is more likely, that really a human has arranged them, or that a god has arranged them? I for myself would look for footprints, and not cry immediately for a god as the explanation.
that's not the point of the question. he's not asking "God or man did it?" it is explicitly: intelligent design or random chance?

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: JibbSmart] #241706
12/18/08 10:31
12/18/08 10:31
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
Quote:
And no evidence means it doesn't exist.

like how if a murderer leaves no evidence, and there are no eye-witnesses, then no one did it, right?

Did what when there is no murder and when there is nobody murdered?

Nope, i mean like no murdering at all, and so of course also no murder or any evidences. I mean something that doesn't exist.
Quote:

that's not the point of the question. he's not asking "God or man did it?" it is explicitly: intelligent design or random chance?

Okay. But that is wrong. Wrong in content and wrong in the question.

There is no proof for intelligent design. And as shown and told above, no evidence means no existence. You cannot simply introduce an imaginary power, which is lie. Or you have to allow ME to introduce MY imaginary power, my lies. I have actually a bag full here wink

Nope, we have to follow evidences and facts. Not imaginary white rabbits.

The word random chance in the connection you use it here is also wrong. Most things follows patterns. A crystal grows by a pattern. That is no chance. Same counts for most life things. Evolution is not just chance. It follows its very own rules. Everything follows Causality in the end.

Causality!

Introduce a god and this god destroys the world by its existance. Because that would be against causality.

Last edited by Tiles; 12/18/08 10:39.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #241718
12/18/08 11:48
12/18/08 11:48
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:
And as shown and told above, no evidence means no existence.
that's rubbish.

our existence is the death in my murder analogy. it definitely happened somehow. was it murder, or was the person who died responsible for their own death? if the murderer leaves no evidence that can be linked to anyone, does that automatically mean there was no murderer? of course not. we might have to assume it's a suicide, but it doesn't mean it is.

no evidence does not equal no truth.
Quote:
Everything follows Causality in the end.
and that's where you are stuck. what caused causality? what was the first cause? scientists don't presume to know; that's okay. nothing wrong with that. but it either had to be something outside of causality (whether it's God or a more complex universe with rules that exist outside of causality, or something else) or it goes infinitely into the past.

julz

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: JibbSmart] #241721
12/18/08 12:27
12/18/08 12:27
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And as shown and told above, no evidence means no existence.

that's rubbish.

You live in a very special world my friend.

Quote:
our existence is the death in my murder analogy. it definitely happened somehow. was it murder, or was the person who died responsible for their own death? if the murderer leaves no evidence that can be linked to anyone, does that automatically mean there was no murderer? of course not. we might have to assume it's a suicide, but it doesn't mean it is.

Again. We have no murder, we have no murdered, we have no weapon, no crime scene, we have no attestors, we have no other evidences, we have nothing, and of course we have NO crime. All we have are no's.

And you want to tell me we have a murder? I tell you what police tells you too: This crime doesn't exist. Go home.

Same counts for your god. We have no proof of any existance. We have no proof of any god caused effects. We have no murder, we have no murdered, we have no weapon, no crime scene, we have no attestors, we have no other evidences, we have nothing, and of course we have NO crime, in our case a god.

All we have is a manmade book full of myths and fairy tales that is unbelievable full of inconsistencies and disproven parts. Brothers of Grimm books have more consistence. Nope. This crime doesn't exist.

Quote:

no evidence does not equal no truth.

No evidence means in every case wrong. And not right. It's the evidence that proofs something right. And the lack of evidence that proofs something wrong.

Everybody who says that no evidence means right has a big problem in thinking. Besides that, everybody who says that no evidence means right has to assume that ALL other religions, fairy tales, myths, and everything a human just can imagine is also true. And then we have another dilemma, haven't we? Me likes this pink god with the nozzle best, and the earth is of course square ... wink

Quote:
and that's where you are stuck. what caused causality?

I am not stuck. The answer is simple: i don't know - yet.

But that doesn't mean it is made by a god. It's is even more likely made by an alien from another dimension. Or my ficus benjamini here ...

We have NO evidence yet. For none of the theories. Most likey that this one question, what was BEFORE beginning never gets answered.

But we can say what we have now. A causal world ...

Last edited by Tiles; 12/18/08 12:35.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #241730
12/18/08 13:13
12/18/08 13:13
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:
Again. We have no murder, we have no murdered, we have no weapon, no crime scene, we have no attestors, we have no other evidences, we have nothing, and of course we have NO crime. All we have are no's.

And you want to tell me we have a murder? I tell you what police tells you too: This crime doesn't exist. Go home.
i don't know what you're on about. are you saying authoritatively that there was never a murder that was assumed to be a suicide because the murderer left no evidence? i gave you a fine illustration, and you just respond "no illustration!"
Quote:
No evidence means in every case wrong. And not right. It's the evidence that proofs something right. And the lack of evidence that proofs something wrong.
no, no evidence means "we don't know - yet". we only know something is wrong if evidence proves it is wrong; we know nothing more if we don't have evidence for or against.
Quote:
I am not stuck. The answer is simple: i don't know - yet.
that's right. and why don't we know? because there's no evidence for what caused it. does that mean there is no cause? no. so you are stuck, until you change your mind.

julz

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: JibbSmart] #241733
12/18/08 13:39
12/18/08 13:39
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Why can't the big bang the first cause?

An other explanation could be that there is really an infinite past. I read that in the after the universe origined the metric expansion of space was exponential. And an exponential function has an asymptote at the x-axis. So there could be an infinite line of cause.

However, inventing a "god" or "designer" who lived "outside of causality" and created the universe is very ridiculous.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #241736
12/18/08 14:01
12/18/08 14:01
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
Quote:

i don't know what you're on about. are you saying authoritatively that there was never a murder that was assumed to be a suicide because the murderer left no evidence? i gave you a fine illustration, and you just respond "no illustration!"

I talk about exact that. You talk about a murder here, introduce imaginary facts, but there is simply no crime. No murder, no murdered, no weapon, no nothing. You introduce a fairy tale. I cannot find a single proof for your fairy tale. Which means the crime you are talking about didn't happen.

You talk about a god, but there is simply none. Not a single proof for your fairy tale. This crime didn't happen.

Others talk about a pink elephant they have seen. But there is not a single proof. This crime didn't happen.

Brothers of Grim wrote down lots of fairy tales. There is not a single proof that they are true. This crime didn't happen.

Clearer now what i mean?

Quote:
no, no evidence means "we don't know - yet". we only know something is wrong if evidence proves it is wrong; we know nothing more if we don't have evidence for or against.

But your "we don't know yet" is spelled: "there is a God and nothing else". That doesn't sound like we don't know yet. That sounds like shut up, we have the only truth. And that is simply not true.

No evidence for an existence simply means no existence. Up to the point where the existence gets proven. Where there is an evidence.

No evidence means not true, and not vice versa.

Quote:
that's right. and why don't we know? because there's no evidence for what caused it. does that mean there is no cause? no. so you are stuck, until you change your mind.

I am not stuck. Don't tell me that i have to change my mind to rubbish. It is you who is bound to a fairytale book and its storys, not me. I look for facts, not for lies.

Again you are wrong. We don't know because we cannot look behind the big bang. The why is because the natural laws doesn't allow to look farer back than around 100,000 years after the big bang. We can calculate farer back by math. But we cannot go before point zero with even that weapon. This has nothing to do with a god. But natural laws.

Having causality means we have causality in the first place. A proven thing. There is no light going on before i turn the switch.

Causality is a rule that also a god would need to follow when he didn't want to destroy the universe by doing something uncausal. Like a miracle for example ...

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #241771
12/18/08 19:37
12/18/08 19:37
Chicago, IL
Dooley Offline
User
Dooley  Offline
User

Chicago, IL
I think you answered that you would assume a man had arranged the seashells. I wasn't asking whether it was a god or not, but whether you would assume something with intelligence arranged them, or whether they were arranged randomly.

Since you (and anyone) would assume it was a man, with intelligence, and there's nothing wrong with that assumption, all I'm saying is that when we see similar patterns in nature and especially in living things, it's not illogical to assume that an intelligence was involved in their design. There may be other explanations, as you have said, but intelligence is one option.

Since we don't know yet, we should be open to consider all options.

This approach does not use any religion or scripture or fairy tales. It's simply a possible logical explanation for the patterns and laws visible in the universe. You yourself said that these laws and patterns might be the result of an alien race. This is Intelligent Design.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #241773
12/18/08 19:50
12/18/08 19:50
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Well, if you compare life with a square of seashells, a god is a CUBE of seashells. wink

What caused god? Did he origined by chance?
The answer that he lived "outside causality" would be rediculous.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #241779
12/18/08 20:20
12/18/08 20:20
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Lukas
What caused god? Did he origined by chance?
The answer that he lived "outside causality" would be rediculous.

That's exactly right, it clearly makes no sense. But I do think the answers aren't within our current uhm frame of knowledge and perhaps even logic so much. Perhaps or rather probably we will need to think outside of the box.

I'm sure there are a few things we don't know yet, that really will explain a lot eventually.

You know, there are quite a few nice theories that do make sense,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 46 of 67 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 66 67

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite