Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 946 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 51 of 67 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 66 67
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tobias] #242698
12/25/08 08:53
12/25/08 08:53
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
Why would the Jews, if they had made this book up, call themselves liars, and hypocrites in the same text?

Because they didn't know it better. They lived in an ancient world. With ancient knowledge. A world full of demons and goddess.

Quote:
Before you all write back with bad things to say about Muhammad and Jesus and Moses, please remember we're here for science. You should provide evidence for anything you want to say.

Funny to hear that from a believer laugh

Scientic proof is as follow: When you cannot find an evidence to proof your theory true means this theory is wrong. That easy.

Last edited by Tiles; 12/25/08 08:54.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Tiles] #242734
12/25/08 11:03
12/25/08 11:03
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

Who is selling certainty here ? Who claims that there is something supernatural without prove ? But I have noticed that blind faith will never turn into rational thinking because those people fell comfort and even superiority to all others, but in fact they are just brainwashed lunatics who think that faith is a good thing, that claiming something without evidence is a good thing.

The first step would be if all those Christians would act more like their Jesus fellow they are so crazy about. I think the hellish place on earth for believers is rational thinking and thinking for themselves.

What all believers have is an empty sack, thats all, claiming till they die , but they all face darwins facts when they go to the doctor.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #242736
12/25/08 11:27
12/25/08 11:27
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Originally Posted By: Dooley

Before you all write back with bad things to say about Muhammad and Jesus and Moses, please remember we're here for science. You should provide evidence for anything you want to say.

This is actually a strange claim
Religion entails faith and faith is not science by definition
This is not a critic vs religion.
If the existance of God could be proved beyond any reasonable doubt than everybody would believe in God
No merit
I can accept, up to a certain extent, that God asks us to believe in him without evidences
What it is hard to accept for me is that God ask us to believe in him even though the evidences are against his existance
A God cheating his creatures ? Absurd

Maybe you were speaking of historical evidences
Well , even so, you should know that there are no historical evidences apart from the gospels
No latin writer has never mentioned Jesus Christ even though Phalestine was part of the roman empire at the time

Sorry to tell these things on Christmas day

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #243056
12/27/08 15:31
12/27/08 15:31
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Both began with a single man, who made this claim. Now if those men are innocent until proven guilty, let's see your evidence

You completely understood my statement wrong! You are twisting words! These men are the claimants, not the defendants! What I want to say with this "innocent until proven guilty" is that you have to handle each claim like an accusion. If someone claims something to exist or to have been happened, you have to assume that this claim is wrong until proven true. You claim that god exists, so we have to assume that he doesn't exist, until you can show any evidence.
If I claimed that you killed 1000 people, you would be happy if the judge assumes that you are innocent until I prove that you are guilty, not the other way round, wouldn't you?

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #243059
12/27/08 15:47
12/27/08 15:47
Chicago, IL
Dooley Offline
User
Dooley  Offline
User

Chicago, IL
Okay, I see your point.

The Islamic stance on this is as follows:
The prophets all came with this same claim "There is no god except God (Allah), so worship Him"

They produced miracles to prove their point, and many people followed them.

Obviously, we can't see those miracles now, right?

Prophet Muhammad told us that his miracle was the Quran.

I would be happy to get into this discussion, but I think it's off topic for this thread.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #243074
12/27/08 17:20
12/27/08 17:20
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

If I am not wrong also Muhammad was supposed to make at least one miracle
He splitted the moon in two parts or something like that

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: AlbertoT] #243084
12/27/08 19:51
12/27/08 19:51
Virginia, USA
Dan Silverman Offline
Senior Expert
Dan Silverman  Offline
Senior Expert

Virginia, USA
Quote:

Taking Lucas' presumption of innocence, we would have to examine your claim that Muhammad even wrote or produced the Qur'an. The prosecution could produce evidence that Mohammad wrote nothing of the Qur'an and that later disciples did. If this is the case, then there is no evidence that Mohammad gave the Qur'an and, as such, there would be no miracle and, as such, no proof for your claim for the existence of the Qur'an, Mohammad or Allah.

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #243102
12/27/08 23:58
12/27/08 23:58
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
The Islamic stance on this is as follows:
The prophets all came with this same claim "There is no god except God (Allah), so worship Him"

Where is the evidence?

They produced miracles to prove their point, and many people followed them.

Where is the evidence?

Obviously, we can't see those miracles now, right?

Right.

Dan already said the answer.

I would be happy to get into this discussion, but I think it's off topic for this thread.

So what's the topic then? Oh, right, it was fastlane's suggestion to teach evolution in church. In your case mosque. So what about teaching evolution in mosque if creationism is taught in school?

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #243601
12/30/08 22:09
12/30/08 22:09
Chicago, IL
Dooley Offline
User
Dooley  Offline
User

Chicago, IL
The Quran is the evidence. It claims that it cannot have been written by men, that it was inspired by God.

It even goes so far as to challenge humans to produce one chapter like it, and says that we never could. Since doing so would require the writer to claim that God has inspired it, this will not be an easy task.

The Quran states that:

"What is the matter with you that you do not regard the greatness of Allah when He has created you in gradual stages?" (Quran 71:13-14)

I know some Muslims do have a problem with evolution, but it is not the process of evolution which is the problem. The Quran clearly indicates that this is the way God creates. The problem is that evolution is taught without mentioning even the possibility of a designer.

Understanding the Quran is a whole study, which I don't feel like I can do justice to here, without knowledge of Arabic etc...

If you have a problem with my understanding, I would recommend doing your own research. I can't prove my religion to you, just like you can't prove that there is no God. But I have studied it a lot, and I can find no reason to believe that the Quran was written by any other than God, as it claims.

I don't have any problem with teaching evolution as a theory in a mosque.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dooley] #243673
12/31/08 09:22
12/31/08 09:22
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
The Quran is the evidence.

That's a manmade book of fairy tales, same as the bible or brothers of grim fairy tales. That's no evidence. And equal to the bible, also in the Qran big parts are disproven. The parts that has to do with a god anyways. No proof for it means disproven ...

Quote:

It claims that it cannot have been written by men, that it was inspired by God.

Again, it is manmade. Definitely inspired by religious fanatism. But not by a god. Because there is no god.

Claims, eh? And that is your proof? Okay, let's have a look ...

Cubes are ellyptic, not square. This sentence is true, i claim so. Signed Tiles, the only god

Okay, this is my message. I claim to be a god. True? Hey, I CLAIM it. It is WRITTEN, bow to me wink

Quote:
The problem is that evolution is taught without mentioning even the possibility of a designer.

You write your sentence in a way that claims Creationism as the only truth. Bu it's the opposite. It's a disproven lie.

That said. Why should science mention a lie? Science searches for truth, not fake.

The real problem is that some religious fanatics still tries to sell disproven fairy tales as scientic knowledge. They battle against science with all weapons so that they can get back the control over people. Knowledge is power. Control the knowledge and you can control people. And nothing else does every religion. That's their highest goal.

We had those dark ages before where those religious fanatics had the control over people. The result was pain, fear, murder. And we still have it in some countries. Like Iran. That's a unfree religious society where i never want to live. And currently in USA the tendency goes back into that direction too.

The problems are those religious fanatics.

*Ironymode on*
You are against Science? Then never go to a doctor anymore. Don't use cars, nor computers or anything else scientic. Science is evil!
*Ironymode off*

It is all the same science. Either you trust in all of it or into nothing of it. You cannot deny parts of it because it disproofs some religious fairy tales.

Quote:

If you have a problem with my understanding, I would recommend doing your own research. I can't prove my religion to you, just like you can't prove that there is no God.

Religious fanatics are always hard to understand. It's against common sense to still believe in disproven fairy tales.

You do a big mistake here. I don't need to proof the non-existance of something. It doesn't exist as long as it isn't proven to exist. And doesn't have the slightest relevance up to that point. It is you that would need to proof that your god exists.

But that didn't happen in thousands of years, and will not happen in eternity. It is still called faith. Because nobody has ever found a single proof for your theory that a god exists. What has been found by science is tons of facts that disproofs it. Again. Proofs: zero. Disproofs: a ton. Means there is no god. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

Last edited by Tiles; 12/31/08 09:38.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Page 51 of 67 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 66 67

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite