by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 975 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: Carlos3DGS] #250128
02/06/09 01:06
02/06/09 01:06
Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

Ä°stanbul, Turkey
hmm, sql plugin, i was once converting sqlite3 headers to lite-c, but i dont remember what was my last state about it.

and 99€ is also a little more than i expected, too bad i dont have that money currently.

Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: Quad] #250135
02/06/09 04:44
02/06/09 04:44
Magdeburg
F
FlorianP Offline
Serious User
FlorianP  Offline
Serious User
F

Magdeburg
Glad to hear, but id really like to test the pro features before spending 100€. Especially the voip.

I <3 LINQ
Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: FlorianP] #250139
02/06/09 06:17
02/06/09 06:17
I
ISG Offline

Expert
ISG  Offline

Expert
I

Maybe a reduced pricing for the release of Professional version would be beneficial? Without any _at all_ feedback with the new functionality and features of your plugin, it's not going to be as easy to grip a community into purchasing a $130 plugin for their projects. I, for one, will verify that the free version previously released was very well structured and we did/currently use it within our project - so fair to say we're a very interested team. However, to make major changes to it with additional functionality untested by any demo releases or tests available to interested customers, it's not going to be so simple for any of us to just for out $130 with an indie engine like 3DGS. The engine itself costs around that price.

To make the argument fair I whole-heartedly believe your work should go praised and made worthwhile of your hard work. We all had "rounded guesses" to the approximation of this plugin and as you can see in your previous thread you had a lot of interested community members. But in reality, being realistic, who is going to spend that amount of money for a plugin on an engine that is almost solely based around indie developers? Now hey, I'll take your side for a second here and use the same ideologies as you that this plugin took a bunch of time no doubt and is a very great breakthrough for this engine as a whole. Both I, and the entire community altogether acknowledge that and thank you very much for your dedicated work!

But on the contrary let's go ahead and run some numbers together if you don't mind. And at the same time please keep a level head and outlook of what we're about to discuss. I'm not only doing this in the best interest of you, but in the best-interest of the community (in whom I always take side with to see OUR community advancing as much as possible). We both know you had a large interest with your engine, so let's do some calculations (in USD if you don't mind me doing so).

$130 (engine license) x 5 (purchases) = $650 (total amount made)
$100 (engine license) x 10 (purchases) = $1,000 (total amount made)
$75 (engine license) x 25 (purchases) = $1,875 (total amount made)
$50 (engine license) x 30 (purchases) = $1,500 (total amount made)

Looking at the above chart, this is of course a rough outlined guess after looking through your previous thread and gathering some idea of members interested in your engine. But when your going to put out a plugin, or any product for that matter, you need to take marketing into consideration. You may think a higher price benefits you more, but this is where you may need to think again in economics (and I'm not calling you out here, like I said I'm trying to benefit both YOU and the COMMUNITY). With the lower price, the more interested candidates also react upon that price and not just ponder about the high-priced functionality of ANet.

Now I'm once again - to make it evident and clear - not bashing ANet at all as my very own project is currently supporting it. I'm only making mere suggestions that it could be a very beneficial idea to even make a starting out "Special" for your engine at a reduced price to gain popularity and sales of ANet and an actually jumping start for yourself.

Ground Tactics - Coming Soon
Ground Tactics OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: Dark_samurai] #250154
02/06/09 09:48
02/06/09 09:48
A
Asgadir Offline
Asgadir  Offline
A

Originally Posted By: Dark_samurai

Have fun with messing around and report all bugs you find, please!

Error E1512: Empty prototype ...
It works fine with the 1.0

Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: Asgadir] #250160
02/06/09 10:41
02/06/09 10:41
Austria
Dark_samurai Offline OP
Serious User
Dark_samurai  Offline OP
Serious User

Austria
@Carlos3DGS: No need for that. You can get access to sql with my plugin. Just use http post and php. php is totally simple (much simpler as c-script). This is a good tutorial: (in german) http://www.schattenbaum.net/php/

@ForianP: I totally agree with you. But somehow I can't make features of pro available in the demo version. This is to much risk for me.
If you have any ideas, how I can do this and be save against pirate copying (not that I think you would do that) let me know!

@ISG: I really respect your interest in my project and thank you very much for these kind of words!
But I thought about the price more than a week. I calculated every possible methode. This price is more than fair and as I told all of you: If you can't spend 100 € in a network engine, you won't be able to create a good MMO game. Just think about how much it will cost to rent all the servers, paying developers for creating the game (or spend a lot of time yourselve), buying resources and even if the game is finished you have to service all the servers, watch if everything is running all the time,....
This all together will cost thousands of euros. 100€ in contrast will be nothing.

And if you don't plan to create a big MMO, you won't need ANet Professional. You can do a lot with the Standard version! And if you're project grows and you think now you need the ANet Professional, than upgrade by paing the price difference. So you won't loose an euro.

And of course, their will be price reductions again (like the christmas offer) but this won't be that soon!

@Asgadir: I guess you're using functions that aren't available anymore or changed their name. Please look into the updates/changes section of the manual. All functions that were changed are mentioned there.
Oh, and also the tutorials and example scripts have to be updated! The new versions can be found on my download site.

Thanks all of you for your interest!

ANet - A stable and secure network plugin with multi-zone, unlimited players, voip, server-list features,... (for A7/A8)!
get free version
Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: Dark_samurai] #250174
02/06/09 12:22
02/06/09 12:22
A
Asgadir Offline
Asgadir  Offline
A

I change the syntax, comment the poll-loop out and i copy the new version over the old files on the same place.

I got:
anet_callback: function not found
anet_reset_queue: function not found
anet_set_compatibility: function not found
anet_set_encryption: function not found
anet_set_warning: function not found
enet_abort_fsending: function not found
enet_check_client: function not found
enet_clsend_event: function not found
enet_clsend_file: function not found

and so on...

Now, i copied the dll and the .h successive in my workdir. First i think he cant find anet.h but he does. Now i change the dll to the old and i have only the new parts in my log like

anet_reset_queue: function not found
anet_set_compatibility: function not found
anet_set_encryption: function not found
anet_set_warning: function not found
enet_abort_fsending: function not found
enet_clsend_file: function not found
enet_get_fprogress: function not found
enet_get_fsent: function not found
enet_get_fsize: function not found

I download the demo from your website... The same? I give up!

Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: Asgadir] #250175
02/06/09 12:23
02/06/09 12:23
take me down to the paradise c...
Cowabanga Offline
Expert
Cowabanga  Offline
Expert

take me down to the paradise c...
Cool! Good work! smile

Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: Asgadir] #250176
02/06/09 12:35
02/06/09 12:35
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
are you sure that ANet.dll is loaded?

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: croman] #250179
02/06/09 12:56
02/06/09 12:56
Austria
Dark_samurai Offline OP
Serious User
Dark_samurai  Offline OP
Serious User

Austria
And if it is loaded, are you sure that you are using the correct dll?
Select the ANet.dll in the explorer and check if it's really version 1.1.1.1. It seems like it's not, because all new functions can't be found.

Does anybody else have this problem?

ANet - A stable and secure network plugin with multi-zone, unlimited players, voip, server-list features,... (for A7/A8)!
get free version
Re: ANet Professional and Version 1.1 released [Re: croman] #250180
02/06/09 13:20
02/06/09 13:20
A
Asgadir Offline
Asgadir  Offline
A

@cerberi_croman - I'm definitely sure by the old one but by the new? I don't know.
Edit: I change now back to the new for test and check the log. No, the new dont load.

@Dark_samurai - Yes, 1.1.1.1 from 02.05.2006. Is a mystery. I copy the old over the new and all works fine... ?? It conveys no sense to me.

Quote:
"It seems like it's not, because all new functions can't be found."

No, in the first log, 4.4 kb, he found nothing, with the old, second log, 2.3 kb, with the new anet.h, he found only the new functions not.
(Wollte nur das forum nicht mit logfiles zumüllen)

Last edited by Asgadir; 02/06/09 15:08.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de