by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, howardR), 472 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: nuclear_winter] #255551
03/11/09 08:34
03/11/09 08:34
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
hey Tiles... i really don't get what you're saying

Sure. You don't want to ...

Quote:
your comment is really interesting, since EVERYTHING you see in this video was made by ME, all the models, textures, collision meshes, normal-maps, shadow-caster models, skybox, and it was extremely easy to put them together and make them look and work good inside 3D Rad...

Looked like the standard stuff. And it looks too much like the demo video they offer at their page. As told, one of the first things you could watch at the 3D Rad page was a primitive standard racing game level. That kind of stuff you show here. I have honestly turned off your video after the first ten seconds. I have seen such propaganda things too often.

If even, you "just" have filled in your graphics*. And sell it as your "game" now. Congrats. A game is a bit more than a few replaced graphics though. The trouble starts at exact that points where all these limited demo engines ends. And the trouble becomes this big with every new bit you add that you are in heavy trouble to finish anything.

*I'm not saying your art is bad. Can even be that you are the better artist of us two.

Quote:
I'm not on the payroll here, just want to be fair... i don't respect hate filled negative opinions, because we loose objectivity, this kind of opinions can be found in the forums of every engine about every other engine smile

Sure you are not on the payroll? You act like a fanboy. Have i at any point introduced hate or any other feelings? It's you who tries to introduce feelings to defeat your fanproduct wink

I just have told you my experience i had so far with 3D Rad 6. Which was no good ones. That simple. And just because it doesn't fit to your opinion doesn't mean that i am wrong, that i am hate filled or that i have lost objectivity. I have the same rights to tell my opinion and experiences than you have. Even more because you even asked for opinions. Again, when you dislike the truth, then don't ask.

Show me the tons of games made with 3D Rad when it is this good. Ah, you cannot. There are no such games. So who is right? wink

Quote:
I personally enjoyed doing this demo,

To repeat myself, when you are satisfied with what 3D Rad offers, fine. Then 3D Rad is for you.

I tried it, i got tricked, the tool was too limited, i couldn't get my things done. And i have left it then.

Quote:
... as much as i enjoyed working on different interactive applications made with various engines and multimedia apps.

Ah, now we are talking. That's your kind of argumentation. So you think you know more "various engines and multimedia apps" like me? Means your opinion counts more? How can you be sure? wink

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: Tiles] #255604
03/11/09 14:19
03/11/09 14:19
the future
N
nuclear_winter Offline OP
User
nuclear_winter  Offline OP
User
N

the future
Quote:
Can even be that you are the better artist of us two.

wow man, thanks for your humble reply...

I'm asking myself questions and cant find answers:
- why is it so easy for people to deny everything and prefer to hide in their world?
- why is it so hard to be open to new experiences and just accept whats coming?
- control is an illusion, and everything can be traced to our EGO. Our EGO, makes us hate and deny the surrounding worlds, as if our negative energy will push all this scary things away and save our small fortress from change.

This has nothing to do with engines anymore... it has to do with our ability and desire for conflict, is it our nature to showoff? is it in our male genes to constantly compare our dicks?... the real question is:
- what do you gain expressing all this frustration and negativity? does it make you feel better? i seriously doubt it! why go so far out of your way to bash something? do you feel superior, once you've showed the world that something is bad?

Please, don't be offended, I'm simply giving you incentive to think, not insulting you in any way!

Personally when I'm disappointed by something i just keep going my way... i felt very cheated with Beyond Virtual (now Game-Core) and just kept going forward, looking and finding better experiences...
in conclusion i subscribe to the saying that:
the final goal is not important, whats important is what you have become while fighting to achieve it! And the most important thing is to feel good, that positive energy can be easily felt in your art and your products... take for example the big AAA games, you can tell in which game the team had fun and in which they didn't. example: GOW2 (lots of love and positivity) and NFS (deadlines, frustration and intimidation)

we're Indies and are here to show the world our power, not to fight among ourselves.

Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: nuclear_winter] #255605
03/11/09 14:29
03/11/09 14:29
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
What are you talking about man? At least i talk about this engine here. And just about this engine. This is nothing personal. You make it to something personal though. Why?

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: Tiles] #255610
03/11/09 14:45
03/11/09 14:45
MokyjeBrute Offline
MokyjeBrute  Offline

Does the calm under, calm down under, it's easy he is calm sometimes. Discuss or what? I think that this forum needs somebody, people, perhaps me, who checks the offence and the fear. How would be roughly this? Does a way exist to become a mediator? It should be me, I am one no from my coding, isn't that good alltogether. I threw a glance in that machine and am crap. I had a look at that engine and it is crap.

Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: MokyjeBrute] #255629
03/11/09 16:03
03/11/09 16:03
22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
Frederick_Lim Offline
User
Frederick_Lim  Offline
User

22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
What 3D Rad worth is the car AI, it is really good, beyond that it is nothing more than a bunch of templates.

If GameStudio car AI is as good as 3D Rad there is no point to use 3D Rad.

Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: MokyjeBrute] #255630
03/11/09 16:04
03/11/09 16:04
O
ortucis Offline
ortucis  Offline
O

I have to agree with Tiles. He was just posting about his experience with the engine as the OP asked for anyway.

To be honest I have seen a lot of people (surprisingly, they are all very old members here) taking the posts out of context, in tools section mostly, which just ends in a flame-war which shouldn't have happened to begin with. Also, it isn't fun (and informative) if everyone nods and agrees with the OP, is it?

Click to reveal.. (warning)
Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: MokyjeBrute] #255634
03/11/09 16:10
03/11/09 16:10
Spirit Offline

Spirit  Offline

I've also tried 3D Rad some months ago, there is no trial version for download but they send you one on request. Ive made similar experiences as Tiles and the others. Dont get me wrong, the engine is not this bad, it has the same ODE physics as Gamestudio. But its much slower and lacks many features that you would need for a decent game, like shadow mapping or decals or terrain renderer. But the real problem in my opinion is their concept of predefined objects. This looks like the template concept of Gamestudio but is a lot more limited and inflexible.

Basically, the only thing you can do with 3D RAD is doing mods of their demos. Thats why no one has so far publishd a real game with it since it came out years ago. I have deleted from my hard disk it after playing around with it a while.

But I think, its important that you check out other engines from time to time.

Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: Spirit] #255642
03/11/09 17:32
03/11/09 17:32
MokyjeBrute Offline
MokyjeBrute  Offline

That's what I said.

Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: MokyjeBrute] #255921
03/13/09 15:01
03/13/09 15:01
the future
N
nuclear_winter Offline OP
User
nuclear_winter  Offline OP
User
N

the future
here is a little teaser of what i'm working on now wink... nothing is final, just tests of shapes and colors (and yes the speedo needle should be below)
a video later...

and yes, this is actually 3D Rad, not a mock up

Re: the NEW 3D Rad a really decent engine! [Re: nuclear_winter] #258695
04/01/09 15:24
04/01/09 15:24
22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
Frederick_Lim Offline
User
Frederick_Lim  Offline
User

22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
I think you can do the same with XNA.

http://www.xnaracinggame.com/

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de