by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 927 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26681
05/06/04 05:12
05/06/04 05:12
Newport, N.C.
D
David Offline
David  Offline
D

Newport, N.C.
Congradulations Ran Man !!
I made a Freeware Game in 1995 called "Saul of Tarsus" and it was the old flat screen with flat characters and objects and homes, etc., but the kids in school loved it and even the adults could not stop playing it.
It was written in old BASIC style language and I had to "paint" 88 screens. Each screen was a place for Paul to travel.
The game started outside Jerusalem at the site Stephen was stoned. It started with him being stoned and ended with Paul and Barnabas getting on the ship and starting on their first missionary journey.
It was fun making and everybody enjoyed it.
THAT IS WHAT COUNTS !!

Keep programming games.
P.S. Currently I am working on finishing "Spiritual Warfare" with 3DGS ver 5 Commercial. I bought 6, but tried to update the game to that and it keeps having errors.
I do have a few different DEMOS done. 1 is 3 levels, and another is 7 levels.
But I think 7 levels for a DEMO is too much now. I mean, it takes me over 30 minutes to go through them and I made the thing. Imagine a new person playing it. It would be like playing a whole game. By the by, it will have 25 levels when done.
Gotta run, again Congrats to you.

Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26682
05/06/04 05:21
05/06/04 05:21
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Hi Ran,

Rome was not built in a Day. Marketing is critical even for sharware.

Get out there and start getting free promotion. Use Christian sites, Chrisitan Catalog companies, Christian Schools, tell them about your game get them to talk about with there members, then you start to see sales.

Finishing the game is just the start, marketing and promotion have to kick in. Since you are the publisher you are going to have to promote your game yourself.

Garage Games sells games on it site. It would be a hoot to see a 3DGS game for sale there.

I hope Rhinosoft and you have worked out a deal to get the game into the Christian Book stores. I think they have 1500 spinner racks.

Spend a couple of hours a week marketing your game, then you will see more sales.

Is there an award from Christian game reviewers, CGDC, you need some of those awards and reviews.

The search for Noah with satelites is hot right now. Can you get hooked into those articles.

Oh Well enough blithering, Ran, great work, once you are rested put on the marketing hat and find markets for your game.

Ken

Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26683
05/06/04 16:23
05/06/04 16:23
Virginia, USA
Dan Silverman Offline
Senior Expert
Dan Silverman  Offline
Senior Expert

Virginia, USA
Quote:

So, if anybody here is ever thinking of making money in the shareware world, then I'd advise against it. I'm getting a lot of downloads, but hardly any sales. There's just no money in shareware anymore!

There is indeed a lot of money to be made in shareware. The shareware business is still booming. The problem is that shareware users are more picky then they used to be. And there is a lot of competition.

Ran, I think it is totally awesome that you completed this game. This officially puts you in the top 5%! Even so, people are people and what they like is what they buy. You had a lot of downloads and few sales. This does not mean that there is no money in shareware. It may mean that Noah's Adventure just did not (yet) strike a chord with the genreral downloading public.

So, don't dispare! You did a great thing. Perhaps it will yet take off in the shareware arena. Perhaps not.

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Dan Silverman] #26684
05/06/04 22:22
05/06/04 22:22
Alexandria, VA
Alkai Offline
Developer
Alkai  Offline
Developer

Alexandria, VA
I agree.

It's really tough to judge the market based solely on one product that's only been released for a couple of weeks.

Marketing will be your best asset here. Put posters on church bulletin boards, college campuses (as many of these kids have younger siblings, or even children themselves), etc.

Don't despair! Like others have said, the sheer fact that you have even completed a game and you have it out there for others to enjoy counts more than anything.

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 w/HT 1 Gig 400mhz DDR SDRAM 128mb NVidia GeForce FX 5200
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Dan Silverman] #26685
05/06/04 22:55
05/06/04 22:55
Crazy Offline
Crazy  Offline

And you are actually surprised people are not buying this game?
This is the ugliest game that I've ever seen that was actually published. This game would have never been published if it wasn't by your OWN self!
It is an ugly game, and the gameplay isn't good, that's a lie!
It is boring and has no point.
I realize it takes a tough time to take a game out, but you just make me laugh out loud when you put this game on Showcase II and actually expect people to like it. If you all really do like it, why aren't you buying it?
I'm sure half of the people that said they like this game are lying because you are a long time on the forums.
Frankly, that is the worst I've seen done with 3dgs. The menu is ugly too.

Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Crazy] #26686
05/07/04 00:10
05/07/04 00:10
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline OP
Expert
Ran Man  Offline OP
Expert

Coppell, Texas
@ Crazy <with 3 posts>

I'm already in contact with a publisher who is interested in it already! I can agree with you that the graphics are not as good as most modern games, but the target audience <little kids> are not so picky. Let me explain below why I left out graphics detail and made it simple.

Okay guys, here is the honest to God truth of the matter.

THIS GAME'S GRAPHICS IS PUSHING THE A6 ENGINE TO THE LIMIT! lol

Okay, now let me explain why now this is the case...
The Ark is made out of blocks and the player can see from one end of the Ark to the other end. When I tried to put more details in the Ark like, support pillars, columns, lanterns, ropes, ect, all across the Ark, Well guess what happened?

On my P3 800 MHz, the frame rate dropped like a rock!!!

Does anybody understand that this is important??? We cannot make games that require a 2 gigahertz pentium as a minimum standard right? Most people do NOT have computers like this!

If I chose to divide the Ark in 2 or 3 smaller separate sections, then I could have added more detail into it, but since I chose it to be one BIG ark, then I had to make the Ark and room blocks as simple as I could to get the frame rate higher.

As it stands, the frame rate drops when looking from one end to the other, even with the simple block graphics as Nardulus can testify to...

So, those of you calling it "ugly" need to understand that a BIG Ark like this, is just plain hard for the A6 engine to display all of those pixels on a P3 800 MHz machine. Hey I love gamestudio A6, but even it has some limitations!

I cannot use LOD or FOG on this thing! I wanted the whole Ark in all its size to be displayed, so that the player can see how BIG it was. The full version has twice the animals, so the frame rate gets hit again with that.

So, when we make a game, we all must be sensitive to frame rates and adjust our plans accordingly!

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26687
05/07/04 00:15
05/07/04 00:15
Alexandria, VA
Alkai Offline
Developer
Alkai  Offline
Developer

Alexandria, VA
People always want to shoot someone else's accomplishments down... it's a shame really.

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 w/HT 1 Gig 400mhz DDR SDRAM 128mb NVidia GeForce FX 5200
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Alkai] #26688
05/07/04 00:50
05/07/04 00:50
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline OP
Expert
Ran Man  Offline OP
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Hi Alkai

I was only trying to explain that the Ark level is made out of blocks, so it is in effect a giant room.

Everybody, download the demo and then walk <not run> from one end of the Ark to the other and see just how BIG it is.

In an effort to help people out, then let me say this.
Generally, you don't want to ever make a room made out of block this size! , because it is too big for the engine to display. lol

Before I ever started on this thing, I told God that I would make an Ark level of accurate biblical scale and that kids worldwide would enjoy playing it! So, this was an important goal for me! This is why I did not divide it up into smaller sections and add more graphics.

If sir "Crazy" thinks its soo ugly, then besides the awards given it already from different download sites, then also feel free to compare a competitor Noah zoo game graphics below: See the super COMMERCIAL Noah game shots below and compare.

SCREENSHOT FROM COMPETITOR NOAH GAME

Now compare that with my new Noah game shot below:

Another shot from the super Noah game below:

Now look at our new Noah game made with the A6 engine

Now com'on crazy! Which 3d Noah game has better screenshots? and tell me of another Noah game better than this one now?

Now notice that the competitor Noah game does indeed look like little rooms! This is exactly what I wanted to avoid!!!

You have to keep your target audience in mind. What YOU may value is of NO value to little kids! lol

Last edited by Ran Man; 05/07/04 00:54.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26689
05/07/04 03:30
05/07/04 03:30
North from here...
BlindLeader Offline
Senior Developer
BlindLeader  Offline
Senior Developer

North from here...
I don't know but the Ship doesn't looks like a ship from inside. Wierd...

"klar wird es unter dem einem oder anderem problem zu zusammenbrüchen kommen, aber solange die sonne keine 2 schaufeln rosinen bekommt, kann man alle lösen, augen zu machen, oder sich warmzittern"
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: BlindLeader] #26690
05/07/04 04:14
05/07/04 04:14
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline OP
Expert
Ran Man  Offline OP
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

I don't know but the Ship doesn't looks like a ship from inside. Wierd...

LOL First of all Noah's ship was NOT a ship, but instead was a big rectangular barge.

Does it look like a barge? It needs more cross-braces, timbers, pillars, ropes, ect... Also, we could add CURVED surfaces to the hull to make it appear more like a barge.

and if we added all of those things to Noah's barge, then it will also need a 2 gigahertz pentium to run on!!!
Woo, ha! ha!!!

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de