Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: Machinery_Frank] #265357
05/12/09 09:58
05/12/09 09:58
Spain, Canary Islands
Felixsg Offline
User
Felixsg  Offline
User

Spain, Canary Islands
Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
Firoball:
But on the other hand, they released their staff. How can they fake this?

They can finish the paid job and the contract end?

:-)

Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: Felixsg] #265359
05/12/09 10:03
05/12/09 10:03
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline OP
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: Felixsg
They can finish the paid job and the contract end?
:-)

If this is true then it would be completely finished and there will be no add-on, no second part. It sounds not real to me.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: Machinery_Frank] #265364
05/12/09 10:36
05/12/09 10:36
Blade280891 Offline
Serious User
Blade280891  Offline
Serious User

My Avatar Randomness V2

"Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church"
Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: Machinery_Frank] #265373
05/12/09 11:25
05/12/09 11:25
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
To come back to DNF:
I also can imagine that it might survive. This is pure speculation. But if a company is dead then the creditors want their money back. And they might sell whatever can be sold to other parties. Maybe they sell the DNF license to any potent studio. Who knows. We will see.

Yeah, but Take-2 already owns the DNF license when it comes to publishing. It's a non-financial contract though as 3DRealms has always operated independent. I don't think there are any creditors that still must get money back, I just think the money well dried up.

The BBQ thing made me wonder as well how things really are financially... it makes no sense to some extent.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: PHeMoX] #265391
05/12/09 12:43
05/12/09 12:43
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

The intellectual property belonged to 3dr till to the end and could be sold. Yes, they are told to pay out of their own wallets but they also asked often to get money. Lately they wanted to have credits over 5 mio. They got even an offer for 30 mio but with the need to sell the ip. Probably they did not sign this.

You can read more about these details at some fan pages of DNF.

I have no idea what happens with this ip. We will see.
But the fact is: They were able to get money. So why did they decide to let it die instead of taking this money? Is it really a joke or are they a bit pig-headed regarding this project?

Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: Machinery_Frank] #266002
05/15/09 13:43
05/15/09 13:43
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Those fanpages are usually stuffed with nonsense though; beyond reasonable doubt there's literally zero information that's even plausible to have come from 3DRealms themselves. It's only rumors.

3DRealms has always been independent enough to still cover salaries with lots of zeroes involved. Why financial problems right now? A huge BBQ and party? No problem. Even a party to celebrate DNF's upcoming release was already planned or perhaps that BBQ was exactly that?

Anyways, 3DRealms already sold the license to publish many many years ago, this is a well known fact, said by 3DRealms themselves. They obviously still got the IP and don't intend to ever sell that.

But Take-Two, who was going to publish DNF, is going to sue Apogee for all this, apparently they're not to happy about their 12 million dollar investment (for publishing only, no financial contract) disappearing in thin air.

I think it's obvious Apogee has been definitely thinking about either yet another restart of DNF or simply a continuation of development of 'their' product; otherwise they really really would have sold the IP for that title a very long time ago.

I don't think releasing DNF is their top priority anyways, I think they still want to release 'when it's done' like they've always said.

Anyways, I am quite sure it's not a joke, even though the websites are back online. Of course, I'd be glad if I turn out to be wrong about that as I don't know either. It would be crazy though if it turns out to be a marketing thing.

Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: PHeMoX] #266071
05/15/09 19:28
05/15/09 19:28
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

It is funny that you call a lot of other postings nonsense but then a lot of your posts start with "I think...", "I am quite sure...", "I'd be.."

It is no problem to make some guessings here in my thread. But it is not kind and not fair to beat other peoples guessing down (like these fan page guys with probably much more specific knowledge about this game like you have).
This is why people could read some arrogance into your postings.

I am personally a bit tired of guessing and will just wait what happens with DNF, T2 and Apogee.

Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: Machinery_Frank] #266088
05/15/09 21:51
05/15/09 21:51
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
There's a real difference though, but actually I'm getting tired of explaining. It's got little to do with arrogance, because if two sources say something radically different, obviously both can't be right.

A simple deduction and especially comparison of sources makes it clear as a daisy to me that some people on fan pages, as always happens on such pages, speculate like crazy with no real good reason.

I never said everything on fan pages is nonsense either. So really, it's a bit unfair to act as if I said that.
Also what's up with the 'my thread' kind of business anyways, last time I checked this is not your forum. It's really kind of immature to even mention that you've started this thread, which is perfectly fine with me by the way. Keep posting nice threads. Again, I don't have issues with you, but you keep getting frustrated about my comments for some strange reason.

Quote:
It is funny that you call a lot of other postings nonsense but then a lot of your posts start with "I think...", "I am quite sure...", "I'd be.."

But what's wrong with that? It's common language to indicate the kind of expected certainty about what is being said. By all means, contrary to many people on those fan pages, I don't actually make up rumors and claim it's the absolute truth.

Cheers

Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: PHeMoX] #266131
05/16/09 05:59
05/16/09 05:59
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
Now now, Phemox and Frank. Just chill out now. No need to get angry at each other when you are really angry about DNF dropping. If you two really want to bash each others posts, please go to the PM. It looks a lot like threads today.

Also, this thread will get locked if all this is about how certain things are wrong yet wrong and wrong about all wrongness between you two.

This isn't even a warning anymore.

Thanks, and have a nice day smile

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: 3d realms is dead, forget about the duke being forever [Re: Inestical] #266190
05/16/09 14:05
05/16/09 14:05
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
*shrugs shoulders*

In other news, Miller, the founder of 3DRealms responded to the Take-Two lawsuit. Seems they are going to start a real fight. Take-Two even want to get a copy of the source code of DNF (as far as it's completed) so Apogee can't sell it to anyone. They even want 'security measures' being taken for all that, can you imagine? A lockdown because of code.

According to Miller though, Take-Two never actually paid 12 million dollars (even though it was in the contract).

I'm curious to where this will end though.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de