by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 1,405 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26651
04/25/04 06:06
04/25/04 06:06
italy
argeia Offline
Developer
argeia  Offline
Developer

italy
hi ran no iam not upset just need to make alot of cutbacks for about 5 months iam buying a house so im just going to be using my cell phone for awhile

i think i still have a copy of your 1993 coloring book game on cd i deleted my site too sorry i need every penny i can save for awhile

Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26652
04/25/04 17:03
04/25/04 17:03
My Home
Little3D Offline
Little3D  Offline

My Home
Noah's Adventure

Ran used FLAT mode textures also no SHADOW for model for better performence (he could make 1024x skins and textures with shaders but than who want to play it with a weak machine), he sent a free full version for Iranian kids in here and I become his distributer in here, so they can play on the old machines, since everybody in around the world don't have a 2Gh PC and of course they love it, it's for kids...

Beside it don't made by Nintendo, it made by a hard working father , so he did a great job if anybody can understand this...

Randell, God and kids are happy and your game did this job so good

Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26653
04/25/04 19:37
04/25/04 19:37
Virginia, USA
Dan Silverman Offline
Senior Expert
Dan Silverman  Offline
Senior Expert

Virginia, USA
Hi Ran,

I finally got around to downloading the demo and I would like to offer some comments. Before getting into the criticisms, I would like to say that I think it is totally awesome that you completed a game. This is something very few accomplish. While I create game components and level design for training simulations and archaeological recreations, I do not have a game of my own under my belt. So, big time congrats are in order here!

Having said that, let's take a look at the game itself:

Resolution

Some have complained about the 640 x 480 screen resolution limitation and, frankly, it did not bother me at all. So I personally have no problems with that .

Graphics

Well, this is what I do for a living, so I will probably have the most to comment on here.

The textures, imo, really need to be re-done all over the place. The wood textures don't really look like wood to me. They don't look cartoony or real. They sort of look thrown on as if to say, "I know there needs to be textures here so I will just use these." It's not just the problem with tiling (lack of or obvious tiling) but the choice of textures itself. Some just don't look like they belong together. I decent job of retexturing the arc would go a long, long way to improving the entire atmosphere of the game.

The level design itself leaves quite a bit to be desired. While I realize that this is a kids game, I didn't get the impression that I was on an arc (a large wooden boat). I am not sure what the level reminds me of, but it does not look like an arc.

The models are OK. They are nothing spectacular. I liked Noah, but he could have been skinned a bit better. Most of the models seemed to have smearing on the skin along seams and it was pretty obvious. A little more work on the skin and on the UV map could easily fix this. The skins seemed to be really lacking in detail ... details that I think the children would really enjoy.

Over all, I think the graphics are OK, but it seems like Noah's adventure is stuck between cartoon world and reality. I think you should have chosen a direction and gone all the way. In other words, either Noah, the arc and the animals should be very realistic or very obviously cartoon-like. As it stands (IMHO) they are somewhere in-between.

Gameplay

It is hard to judge gameplay with only one game to play. As far as hide and seek goes, it is OK. The only thing I would want is a reason to find the animals. Why am I looking for them? They are on the arc so they can't really get lost. Even kids like a reason for what they do. Have you ever played any of the Freddi Fish (sp?) games? You might want to play a few to see how they work.

Side notes

Ham, Shem and Japheth looked like children to me as I encountered them in the arc. In the biblical account the children of Noah are full grown adults with wives of their own. This is how we get eight adults on the arc: Noah, Noah's wife, Ham, Shem, Japheth and their wives.

The voices are fun, but "God" sounds a little strange at times (at least to me).

I liked the voices at the menu .

I hope you don't mind the comments. I enjoyed playing the demo and look forward to what else you come up with as well as revisions to Noah's Adventure!

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Dan Silverman] #26654
04/26/04 00:34
04/26/04 00:34
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline OP
Expert
Ran Man  Offline OP
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Hi Dan,

I agree that the textures and other things could have been better. Yes, it's definetly between a cartoony world and a real one.

The Shem, Ham, and Japeth models are kids. My original idea was to make them adults like in the biblical account, but Nitro777 gave me an idea to make them younger kids, so that the audience <kids> could identify better with the game. If Mel Gibson could make some things fiction in his movie <The Passion>, then I suppose it is okay for me also?

These games and movies are only a means of entertainment, but hopefully we provide a good message to the viewer.

Good news guys! The game was just rated 4 out of 5 below!

Filetransit

4 out of 5 ranking! lol
Hey, not bad for a game that got moved into Showcase 1 ?

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26655
04/26/04 04:25
04/26/04 04:25
Wade_Adams Offline
Serious User
Wade_Adams  Offline
Serious User

seems like before I ever saw this game it was in version three... Just out of curiousity how did you come by your version number?

Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament.
Kent Beck
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26656
04/26/04 07:02
04/26/04 07:02
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Congrat's Ran Man,

I still think you should pursue a game that has the kids feed the animals. Match food to the right animal. Feed the lions some of the extra rabbits.

How about a two by two game where you have to put animals in groups of two before the they can enter the ark. Kind of a Lemming's style game. Like you have in your intro video but make it a game.

I disagree with Dan about the textures. I think if the textures are to realistic they would detract from the other elements of the game. I think of the 50's and 60's Road Runner cartoons. WB (Chuck Jones) cut way back on the background art so that it did not detract from the main characters, Coyote and the Road Runner. This was done for budgetary reasons also. Television required more episodes for less money per episode.

Thinking about it some more a few experiments with the cartoon shaders would be cool.

Ken

Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Nardulus] #26657
04/26/04 08:05
04/26/04 08:05
Virginia, USA
Dan Silverman Offline
Senior Expert
Dan Silverman  Offline
Senior Expert

Virginia, USA
Quote:

I disagree with Dan about the textures. I think if the textures are to realistic they would detract from the other elements of the game.

I never said they should be realistic. I was trying to say that they do not match well, do not tile well and things of this nature. The game is not realistic and it is not cartoon-like either. It sits uncomfortably in-between and begging to be one or the other. I would love the game to be cartoon-like.

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Dan Silverman] #26658
04/26/04 08:33
04/26/04 08:33
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline OP
Expert
Ran Man  Offline OP
Expert

Coppell, Texas
@ Wade Adams
Quote:

Just out of curiousity how did you come by your version number?

Easy... I just renamed the version according to my favorite numbers, which are 3 and 7.

Like Marco always said, It's that ole Hebrew mysticism working again . Hehe, lol

As far as a cartoony Noah game is concerned, Arturo is making one right now at the link below:
www.exodusgames.com

Arturo won 2nd prize in a conitec contest here for his game called "Prayer warriors." I'm not sure if that game was ever finished, however?

@ Nardulus
Yeah a food game. I already have a lot of animal and food models...

@ Dan
Hey brother, I've been trying for 2 years to motivate you to help out on this thing. Should I have offered more money? You are one of the best graphic artists around for sure... The movie turned out pretty good in the end. It's kinda funny how it's shown, with that elephant blastin the tree down trying to get into the Ark. lol

Those crazy creatures...

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Ran Man] #26659
04/26/04 09:21
04/26/04 09:21
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
You should try another type of cd cover...one that shows what is in the game .
Something like that:

For Ranmans defense I must admit that Noah would have had another level if I could have found enough time to finish the level in time
So its not his fault at all

this is how it would (will in the 2nd part ) look like:

A multi-terra level including ice, sand, swamp and grassland. (P.s.: I hope its ok to show the screens)

Re: Noah's Adventures release 3.3 [Re: Blattsalat] #26660
04/27/04 00:49
04/27/04 00:49
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline OP
Expert
Ran Man  Offline OP
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Hi Guys!

Good news! People like it!!! Woo, Ha, Ha!!!

Here are some more independent reviews below:

Sofotex gives it a 5 star rating!
http://www.sofotex.com/Noahs-Adventures-download_L19802.html

Top Shareware gives it another 5 star rating!

http://www.topshareware.com/Noah's-Adventures-download-13906.htm

Soft32 gives it another 5 star rating!
http://www.soft32.com/download_25628.html

5 stars and these guys are not even religious folks! lol

Well guys, I'm starting to thing that these "Showcase 1" games are the best.

Ha, Ha! Just joking of course...

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de