by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro), 935 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: Damocles_] #274290
06/26/09 12:21
06/26/09 12:21
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline OP
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Damocles_
Is now the time to overrate his influence?

You are definitely underestimating his influence. Whole generations of musicians got clearly influenced by his music. He started musical genres and evolved with them, with which he was able to make many successful albums for years and years. He was a true musical genius and a very good (aggressive) businessman. He might have been crazy, but that's what fame and success tends to do to people.

Compare that to all those one-day flies of today in the pop music world and you'll see how he has been immensely important.

When it comes to music, there are a big bunch of artists that I like to listen to far more and far more often, but his music has always been of remarkable quality. You might not like pop music altogether, but sorry for saying this, but claiming his influence wasn't huge is really just quite ignorant.

Quote:
Its not that music would not have evolved without him...

He was responsible for a renewed boost in the booming of the music industry. So I would disagree with you there. If Michael Jackson wouldn't have been successful, someone else would have instead. But we're not living in a parallel dimension without Michael Jackson, lol. :p

John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson... something tells me he easily belongs among the best and most influential artists ever.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: PHeMoX] #274294
06/26/09 12:44
06/26/09 12:44
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

This depends on the music style. Some artists are influenced some others are not. I cannot imagine Depeche Mode hopping around like Jackson did. And they will never produce music like he did.

I agree that Jackson was unique, great and famous. But I don't see lots of Jackson clones in the music landscape as well as there are no Freddie Mercury copies around.
But I know dozens of bands performing and singing like Depeche Mode did. I went to a lot of gigs and parties and made similar music myself as a student.

There was a time when a majority of young people dressed and moved like Dave from Depeche Mode (at least here in Germany), they even cut their hair like him.
I did not see a single Jackson copy in the Disco here. Some tried to imitate his moon-walk though.

Maybe his success was more of an American story and among black people at this time.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: Machinery_Frank] #274301
06/26/09 13:04
06/26/09 13:04
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Even World of Warcraft has some Jackson dance built in, so you think it did not influence the music business that much?

There are not many direct copies or rip-offs. That's right - and that's good.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: FBL] #274314
06/26/09 13:38
06/26/09 13:38
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: Firoball
Even World of Warcraft has some Jackson dance built in, so you think it did not influence the music business that much?

There are not many direct copies or rip-offs. That's right - and that's good.

Yes. I agree and there was an influence for sure. He was a pop giant at his time. There must be foot steps behind him.

I just wanted to point out that he was not the only one and that some people are not touched and affected at all.

So I understand both sides. Some don't understand the hype and some others admire him. It is just a matter of taste.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: croman] #274352
06/26/09 15:48
06/26/09 15:48
take me down to the paradise c...
Cowabanga Offline
Expert
Cowabanga  Offline
Expert

take me down to the paradise c...
I didn't liked him, so no real RIP :P

Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: Cowabanga] #274438
06/26/09 19:27
06/26/09 19:27
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Quote:
Very true, but this is more like Coca-Cola going bankrupt

I have a feeling a lot more people like coca-cola than like micheal jackson.... I mean he was known as the "king of pop" and yes he did influence pop culture, but that doesnt mean he influenced them in a positive way, or even in a way that he deserved, and doesnt mean that influence stretches out to anybody who dislikes poppy music.

honestly he annoyed the crap out of me, and even though i didnt wish him dead, i do think overrated people like him waste space in the public eye for something that could be a bit more constructive.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: PHeMoX] #274439
06/26/09 19:35
06/26/09 19:35

R
ricky5564
Unregistered
ricky5564
Unregistered
R

man thats just amazing!(in a bad way of coarse) hes one of those people who u just dont think about dieing.. and especially how yung he looks... Oh and he is said to have a heartattach.. but thats just what i herd

Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: Machinery_Frank] #274440
06/26/09 19:46
06/26/09 19:46
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline OP
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

I agree that Jackson was unique, great and famous. But I don't see lots of Jackson clones in the music landscape as well as there are no Freddie Mercury copies around.
But I know dozens of bands performing and singing like Depeche Mode did. I went to a lot of gigs and parties and made similar music myself as a student.

That has to do with your taste and (limited, no offense!!) knowledge of bands or music, as there are many people that tried to be like Freddie Mercury. Most of them just failed.
As for Michael Jackson, take a look at the Timberlakes in pop music. Modern day music is full of Jackson style stuff.

Quote:
have a feeling a lot more people like coca-cola than like micheal jackson....

I made that analogy to show how famous he was, not how popular. But there are still millions of fans around the world.

Quote:

honestly he annoyed the crap out of me, and even though i didnt wish him dead, i do think overrated people like him waste space in the public eye for something that could be a bit more constructive.

Blame it on the bad publicity for his life-style and private issues... musically he hasn't dominated the news in years.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: PHeMoX] #274445
06/26/09 20:11
06/26/09 20:11
dracula Offline
dracula  Offline

Michael, the torture of being a multi-millionaire pop singer is over.
RIP

dracula

Re: Michael Jackson died???? [Re: dracula] #274466
06/26/09 21:20
06/26/09 21:20
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
It's sad indeed. I somehow think he got misunderstood many times, but we don't know the truth so whatever.
RIP King of Pop. Gonna listen to some songs of him now.

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de