Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: EvilSOB] #277959
07/11/09 17:12
07/11/09 17:12
Sweden, Stockholm
E
Enduriel Offline
Enduriel  Offline
E

Sweden, Stockholm
I'm inviting everyone to think outside the box for once, how we work is not the question. Why we work and how we became who we are is.

Do you think the entire creation was just a mere accident? That everything is perfectly balanced for us humans. The distance from the sun, the planet orbiting, the unkown size of the universe, the complexity of the body as mentioned before, basicly everything. It surely can't be an accident.

I usually don't discuss when it comes to topics such as existence and stuff, this is my first entry, it sounded interesting so I just wanted to drop a quick reply in smile

Last edited by Enduriel; 07/11/09 17:14.
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Enduriel] #277960
07/11/09 17:30
07/11/09 17:30
A
amy Offline
amy  Offline
A

How is everything perfectly balanced? The orbits of the planets aren't perfect. Earth will collide sooner or later.

Our body isn't perfect at all. There are many flaws that can be explained by evolution.

Why didn't god give us the ability to digest grass like cows? Then the world hunger problem would be much smaller.

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: amy] #277962
07/11/09 17:48
07/11/09 17:48
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
The universe is huge, maybe even eternal. So there's a huge number of planets, each with other conditions. It might bea coincidence that Earth supports life, but it's not coincidence that we are living on Earth and not on Venus.

If there was a creator then he/she/it would have to bee even more complex and then we would have to ask: Who or what created the creator? (If you say he has always existed, why can't that be true for the universe?)

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Enduriel] #277969
07/11/09 17:57
07/11/09 17:57
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Originally Posted By: Enduriel
Do you think the entire creation was just a mere accident? That everything is perfectly balanced for us humans. The distance from the sun, the planet orbiting, the unknown size of the universe, the complexity of the body as mentioned before, basically everything. It surely can't be an accident.

The mere (almost?) infinity of space and time makes an accident which is not probable but possible an unavoidable event.

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Pappenheimer] #277972
07/11/09 18:13
07/11/09 18:13
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

The great biologist Jaques Monod ,in one of his books , defined the human body a sort of bricolage
Just a few basic materials have been recycled and recycled to accomplish completely different tasks
This is consistent with the evolution ,while a designer would likely choose the fittest material for each function

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Ran Man] #277976
07/11/09 18:31
07/11/09 18:31
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
and anything that complicated needs a designer foolish one.

That's your main error though. Complex or complicated things do not imply a designer at all, especially when evolution is why life looks like it's designed. But it's not.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Pappenheimer] #277981
07/11/09 18:41
07/11/09 18:41
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
It's sad that in 2009 there's still people who don't understand a theory made by a biologist in the 19th century.. Human Evolution is indeed a slooooow process smile

I think RanMan and most anti-evolutionists biggest question sums up to this: How could something so complex be formed by accident? I'll try to explain..

Would a monkey with a typewriter be able to compose a Shakespeare complete play, in a day? 2 days? 1000 days? 4 billion years? No... never... How about 1000 monkeys for 4 billion years? No... 10 billion monkeys for 4 billion years? No...

If Evolution was just random, none of us would ever had a bladder, or pretty much anything else. But it isn't. Random is one element of the evolutionary process. The fact that only the fit survive and re-produce isn't random. The fact that traits are inherited isn't random.

If I were to have children, and they looked nothing like me, then I'd be questioning evolution myself. But they will look like me.. Only 1% of the DNA would suffer changes from a random mutation, and the other 99% will be a cross-over inherited DNA from me and my... (wife?) (I'm 27 I don't have a wife, or kids yet :P ).

So, back to the monkeys and the typewritter.. What if there's 100 monkeys and after a week one of em randomly punches the word "love" on the typewritter? What If we'd reward that monkey with a banana? And what if we slap monkeys that don't get any words right and even allow monkeys that do get it right to teach other monkeys? You get the idea... Evolution isn't about randomness..

Also... temp isn't used in lite-c anymore wink

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: LarryLaffer] #277989
07/11/09 19:45
07/11/09 19:45
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

maybe the reading many science books to explain how
life developed in detail during time is not as tempting
a to think :

"its just like it is, one entity created it all - we dont need
to know why, my parents told me so."

(strange that there are different dog breeds and portato variations..)

also: Evolution goes against the core bases of all religions,
that the humans have a superior.
If that superior did not created humans, it would not
be the overall superior.
Thats why evolution gets rejected without the need to
prove it.
Other beliefs, like the earth beeing flat and such, did not
go so deep into the fundamentals of the religion,
so they where accepted as wrong.

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Damocles_] #277999
07/11/09 19:57
07/11/09 19:57
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
What makes more sense?
An 'almighty being' creating a 'lesser creature',
or 'lesser creatures' building a 'higher creature' together?

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: LarryLaffer] #278015
07/11/09 20:31
07/11/09 20:31
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline OP
Expert
Ran Man  Offline OP
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Originally Posted By: LarryLaffer

Also... temp isn't used in lite-c anymore wink

lol, yes agreed, but i used it a lot in the old c-script. wink

Quote:
The orbits of the planets aren't perfect. Earth will collide sooner or later.
Yea, but they never collide. Why is that??? Think about it. Random choice of collisions say that they should collide, but no major collisions ever happen. Why? smile

Quote:
Our body isn't perfect at all.

There's nothing perfect down here. Both of my 3dgamestudio games fail to work on a certain PC computer here in my house. I think it has a DirectX and hardware issue with the A6 engine.
But, i never blamed conitec or JCL, because i do not expect our games to work on all PC's. Btw, when has conitec ever stated that their engine works on all PC's??? They don't and won't do that, because they are smart enough to know that there are too many PC types to support. So, there is nothing perfect down here. No human body, no PC and no other creation.
Even Satan or Lucifer was not perfect and he was a top angel of God.

Quote:
That's why evolution "gave"* us two eyes.

Why? Evolution does not know or care about 2 or 3 eyes.
All it cares about is surviving. Your DNA determines your number of eyes.
DNA is another very complicated subject in itself.

Yes, well the point is that your body is not dependent on some aspects to survive. The theory of evolution is that your body's adapts to the environment to survive. But, certain items are not needed for survival, yet you have them anyways. Here are a few things that come to mind.

#1 Your bladder is not needed for life - but it makes life a lot easier for you.

#2 The estrogen made for your bones are not needed. < yes guys you have it too> it lubricates your bones. Women have more of it obviously.

#3 Your skin and nails automatically re-grow. You could live without it.

Btw, have you good folks ever looked at your knee?
I did look recently at a film of a knee replacement. The device that replaces your knee is very complicated and it does not work as good as a real knee.

Quote:
Would a monkey with a typewriter be able to compose a Shakespeare complete play, in a day? 2 days? 1000 days? 4 billion years? No... never...

Wait a minute. A monkey is very complicated and has some intelligence already. I understand that they are not as intelligent as we humans, but i tell you that we humans do under-estimate their real intelligence at times. They are smarter than we think. wink

Quote:
Or even worse, find out that the bible was mistranslated
at some time in the past, and all the rules Ive followed will send me to hell!
Yes, but i have not quoted the bible in this thread. I'm just talking interesting facts about the human body and then marveling that lots of good folks do not believe in a designer for it. grin

Here is another thing that freaked me out in MED school a few months ago.
There are 2 incompatible tubes in your throat right now and they sit right next to each other.

The 2 incompatible tubes in your throat!

See this link below if interested.
THE HUMAN PHARYNX

Basically, you have a tube for AIR in there.
and you also have another tube for DIET in there.

One takes in only air or gases and the other takes in only nutrients.
If water, for example, goes by mistake into your air tube, then you drown.

Your lungs are hyper sensitive to only gases for intake. Anything else is painful.

Now, the tube to your stomach is a potential problem, because the stomach contains powerful acids to help you digest food. If those acids were to mix into the other tube, then your lungs would BURN ! Yeow!

So, how to separate the tubes???

THE SEPARATION:

Yes, well too separate the closely placed tubes in your throat, there is a valve or flap called "the epiglottis". This crazy switch detects automatically when you are eating and opens and closes like clockwork in order to close off the powerful acids of your stomach. Ahaa!

Is this crazy? OMG! eek
You've got a device like a toilet flapper in your throat! wow!

What about the cranium?

THE CRANIUM

This one really freaked me out. see this link below if interested.
THE CRANIUM

The skull or cranium consists of several bones. They protect your brain and after birth begin to fuse together to create a hard structure.

Ahh, but here is the interesting thing.
A baby has to pass through the birth canal in their mothers womb in order to get born. Right?

But, if these bones were fused before labor, then the mother would have to work ten times harder to bear a baby. Needless to say, this would KILL a lot of good women. But the fact is that at childbirth, these bones in your head were flexible and allowed your head to pass through the birth canal to be born.

Now, why is that??? It is a lot easier to be born with a fused skull, but instead it fuses together later on.

Anyways, now besides the monkey example, can anybody name something complicated that was not designed? The monkey is already designed and is complicated, so I'm talking outside of nature!

You could say "A TREE", but that is nature and a tree is complicated as it has offspring.

Name something not of nature that is complicated and has no designer.
A watch, a car, a plane, a stereo, a computer, a conitec engine. ?
What? They all have designers.

But, the most complex of them all, which is mother nature has no designer?

Com'on. where is your logic? Don't be blind. Try to think for a change...

Sorry to quote a bible verse, but the bible says: "The fool as said in their heart that there is no God."

I want somebody here to name something, that is not mother nature that is complicated, but has no designer. Okay go ahead if you can... whistle

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite