Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba, TipmyPip), 1,144 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: Damocles_] #279771
07/19/09 07:53
07/19/09 07:53
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
People's psychology works in a strange way: For some reason, we like to assume that the world is not what it seems, but has some hidden reality, which is covered through conspiracies. Sometimes this is even true.

In the case of the lunar landings however, the matter is easily solved. They left many artifacts on the moon, which would be sort of difficult if they weren't there. They left a laser reflector for measuring from earth the rate of the moon orbit increase. This reflector is still in use today and can be detected with a relatively weak laser ray from any place and lab on earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_Experiment

The problem with conspiracies is: If they are real and more than 3 people are involved, they always go public. You can safely assume that no real conspiracy would be likely to survive more than 10 or 15 years.

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: Damocles_] #279800
07/19/09 11:42
07/19/09 11:42
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline OP
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
But I dont think of hoax. Its just a typical conspiracy pick-the-parts-we-like documentary.

That might be very true, but at the same time it does bring up some interesting arguments.

Quote:
The radiation would not have been enough to cause direct harm.

Why would NASA then try to blow it apart for safe passage? It's clearly harmful.

The documentary's argument was that there would be direct harm because of the hugely intense Van Allen belts of radiation and more importantly lack of sufficient shielding material.

I'm sure the radiation in those belts is a whole lot higher than the people in nuclear plants would ever be subjected to.

Quote:
The other parts is just about the russian mission.
Of course they used some filmsamples in an uneven order.
Noone would have allowed the filmcamera (cockpitshots) inside
the craft right before that important launch. (Gagarin)
They had better things to do. So they just used a testshot before the mission - no point to complain really, proves just
that propaganda films try to have a nice flow.

Yes, but it does make it a whole lot more plausible that if the Russians did that, the Americans could have done so too.

In fact, there's more to that story than just Gagarin would might not have been the first person in space (there's this vague (as in speculation I guess) story of a switch going on previous to launch).

It goes even further in comparing the space programs and how the Russians didn't even bother to go to the moon. Or did they?

Anyways, I must agree with JCL here, it's easy to change one's opinion after having seen such movies with a rather controversial but exciting point of view, but it says little about truth.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: PHeMoX] #279816
07/19/09 13:11
07/19/09 13:11
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

The russians where actually planning a moon mission too.
They even had a Lunar Lander.
But the program was aborted after the Americans where first.

It would have thaken the russians to the mid 70s to be ready.
So there was not point progressing that mission.

(the lunar landigs are a pure tech-competition thing,
they where not done for scientific purposes)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Moonshot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LK_Lander

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: Damocles_] #279819
07/19/09 13:19
07/19/09 13:19
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

The whole conspiracy business is not really about facts or issues like radiation it is most of the time in its core anti-american or anti-zionist. Nobody talks about the robot mission of the russians to the moon which also brought back material, in the case of the moon landing it isn't so sinister but there are other conspiracies like the 9/11 one which try to undermine the very bases of our democracies.

I was ones also into these theories especially the 9/11 one, but when you realize that behind most of those theories there are people who are antisemitic and also terrorists supporters who have no other goal than to destroy western culture you really get to the real issues. The USA is a major success story and it became the most powerful nation on earth and thats what all those conspiracies really try to destroy..

And the thing that is really worrying that this anti-american and anti-zionists propaganda is going around the middle east for quite a long time now. Blaming the United States for all the evil in the world has become a major business not just of terrorists but also western conspiracy nuts.

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: sebcrea] #279820
07/19/09 13:40
07/19/09 13:40
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

You have a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories..

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: Damocles_] #279823
07/19/09 14:03
07/19/09 14:03
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

No all Iam saying a could back up with evidence, you look at for example the Bin Laden videos, arab television for the middle east section. And for the western nuts well I think we all know the website were they meet and what they are talking about.

The only theory I presented is that the goal could be to undermine western democracy, I think there can be no doubt that terrorists have that goal, for western conspiracy nuts what is there goal ? What is the goal of saying the USA faked the moonlanding, was responsible for 9/11 aso. ?

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: sebcrea] #279827
07/19/09 14:20
07/19/09 14:20
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
And for the western nuts well I think we all know the website were they meet and what they are talking about.

4chan?

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: Damocles_] #279885
07/19/09 20:25
07/19/09 20:25
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline OP
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Damocles_
It would have thaken the russians to the mid 70s to be ready. So there was not point progressing that mission.

I agree, but that's the story according to US propaganda. The Russians never officially explained why they lost their interest in landing on the moon.

Quote:
(the lunar landigs are a pure tech-competition thing,
they where not done for scientific purposes

Not quite when you know the Russians took the most pieces of moon rock back to earth. Of course, they didn't need manned flights for that.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: PHeMoX] #282013
07/29/09 21:26
07/29/09 21:26
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

I did not read the whole tread but, this is what i know.

They went to moon, the live landing was studio,
because NASA didn't want to show all the UFO flying in the moon, that would be visible in camera live, and impossible to "retouch" so they did a studio one.

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: MMike] #282026
07/29/09 22:35
07/29/09 22:35
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
your explantation mmike is really cool xD

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit