Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (ChrstphFr, AndrewAMD), 868 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Why God exists [Re: jreuschel1] #213671
06/29/08 23:29
06/29/08 23:29
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: jreuschel1
I didn't read it all, but it seems a waste of time when you have this:
knowledge
everything as a whole IS God
the bible says god says "I, Am"
is the bible author a known liar or is god lying.

The bible says a lot, but doesn't prove any of what it claims... Having faith in something is not proof or evidence.

Quote:

everything as a whole is also canceled out by negative forces.

so get a number line and a dictionary and a calculator

mark on your number line that zero equals God look in your dictionary to see if zero means existence or not and you have your answer.

Care to explain this? Don't forget it's TOTALLY arbitrary giving numbers to meanings of words. 1 God simply means there aren't 2, but only 1. As in the amount of Gods... yet some cultures believe in many more Gods so God would not be 1, but say 10 or so. Again, totally arbitrary even in the mathematical sense. Sure 1 usually means 'present' and 0 usually means 'absent', but we could have decided otherwise.

Really, the mere existence of the number zero, does not prove that God exists or something... in fact, in my opinion 0 as in zero evidence rather proves God does not exist or at least is unlikely to exist. I know it only takes evidence to prove the contrary is true, but if you go with what we REALLY know now, it's simply incredibly unlikely that some kind of supernatural God being exists somewhere.

Quote:

then look up dispute in the dictionary
and ratio
and fair
and balance
and first

first there was balance AND fairness leading to a 1:1 ratio

maybe you've heard the phrase WORD for WORD
God is balance while god is Fair

Read the Bible, God is far from Fair and far from 'balance' too. His kind of justice is rather random (read:changing) at times or so it seems.

Quote:

now we are holding all of this to the ruler of justice right?
so you agree that god DOES EXIST.

No, we do not agree that god does exist by discussing the possibility. The problem is, every idea is a possibility when it involves a lot of unknowns... Giant supernatural glowing red worms could have created life for all we know, all we really can determine by holding ideas to a ruler of knowledge is whether an idea is likely or unlikely (or downright crazy even). It's the best way of dealing with lots of unknowns, problem is some people don't agree with the amount of objectivity (or lack thereof?) involved.

Don't forget it's a somewhat 'funny' way of trying to figure out the truth objectively by simply assuming that what's written in the bible must be right with blind faith in what it says.

There are countless of other questions that need to be answered before you can even start of thinking about an actual being being involved in some kind of creation (remember whether you like it or not evolution doesn't point in the direction of a divine creation where some kind of divine intervention took place.)

Quote:

1:1 ratio is equivalent to any A:A ratio including 0:0

Trust me, math is a really bad way of even trying to prove God. It's like saying God exists because the letters G, O and D exist in a sequence we use or something. Gets you no where.

Quote:

the greatest battle ever fought is in the mind of man
this is true when the mind of man is complete

For each individual, for each generation or for each species of humans? Prove to me that humans did not have questions about their existence for as long as our species exists at every age a human life cycle goes through, it will be quite a challenge for sure! A kid will paint a flower and sun and probably not think in as complex ways as an adult would be able to, but it doesn't mean the kid doesn't also ever wonder why it exists. Even intelligence doesn't matter much, only the kind of interpretations and answers (and validity of them) will be different depending on intelligence, not the questions.

Quote:
and finally look up bias in the dictionary

I always like it when people sort of imply that 'we' are biased, when in reality they themselves usually are incredibly close minded.. hence why they need to claim that we are somehow more biased than they are or something. Funny stuff. :p

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Why God exists [Re: PHeMoX] #213783
06/30/08 20:47
06/30/08 20:47
UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
A personal view here:
Once i used to believe in god, (upbringing etc.)
Now years later (56) i have removed all that from my thoughts because
i have found that
Humanity seems to NEED the concept of gods.
probably because of manipulation (my view).
probably to lay blame someone else.
//
My motto today is "I worship no god or man".
//
But i must say, the belief in a god or gods seems to be just a step in
humankind's development, and one should not really disrespect
the last step one has stood on. (just in case one can go no further).

A8.3x Commercial, AcknexWrapper and VS 2010 Express
○pararealist now.
Re: Why God exists [Re: pararealist] #218213
07/27/08 08:48
07/27/08 08:48
Oxy Offline
Oxy  Offline

Even if there would be some supernatural beeing controlling the universe
(such as we imagine when a scientist simulates an environment)
I doubt that he would be interested in humans at all,
apart from taking some statistics.

Re: Why God exists [Re: Oxy] #293662
10/13/09 00:48
10/13/09 00:48
J
jreuschel1 Offline
jreuschel1  Offline
J

what huh?

Yes, Me Lord.

Re: Why God exists [Re: jreuschel1] #293806
10/14/09 00:21
10/14/09 00:21
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

i find that people hardly believe in UFO , but do believe in GOD, which is weird, because they never saw "him/her/it" but people real saw UFO.

So its kind contorversy, because most of them say GOD exist because there must be a meaning of life. Or i feel it does exist.
so they have faith..

but when UFO, they say oh , we never saw we cant believe.. etc etc.. so wierd.. because if tey believe in god, which is something they never see, and touch, then they must believe in UFO, because they did not see them, but there most be , its the same though.. but here they refuse with the argument because they never saw... pathetic.. And GOD anD UFO is cancelled out, because they think GOD is only EARTH not UFo planet, not other lifes outthere, just us on earth.

Re: Why God exists [Re: pararealist] #294011
10/15/09 15:04
10/15/09 15:04
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
The whole concept itself is rather strong: Believe in something basically just to feel better, everyone of course wants to feel better and it's rather easy to (blindly) believe. Add to that some very charismatic and smart organizations behind these religions and it's not going to be something that will disappear very soon.

In fact, for example in America it's now mainly the media that exploits the whole 'be religious' thing to boost the amount of Christians. It's stupid, but it has a huge (semi-political) advantage when it comes to manipulation and controlling the public opinion.

From a purely biological point of view, it really makes no sense to assume the 'mind' or 'spirit' of someone will go float around once people are dead or even go somewhere. Not even quantum mechanics and multiverse theories will.

I think God and even religion as a whole are mainly outdated concepts that are simply very strong and it's also one of those concepts that can be considered impossible to truly disprove, even with a massive lack of evidence and good knowledge about many of the related subjects.

I totally agree that people often use it as a tool to manipulate, but to some extent people seem to want that or even encourage that. It's the human psychology of wishful thinking and all that. Most people rather believe in a fake story that gives hope, than admit their situation is bad and learn the truth.

The ironic thing is that those people fool themselves, where in reality they should take matters in their own hands and act accordingly. Change is something someone else is NOT going to do for you.

Quote:
So its kind contorversy, because most of them say GOD exist because there must be a meaning of life. Or i feel it does exist.
so they have faith..

Well, it's very much the same kind of 'faith' people have in UFOs. They probably will be more confident about believing in what they think they have seen, but it's the same odd 'we know' without evidence thing.

By the way, it should come to no surprise that a lot of people who believe in UFOs, also believe in God.

Last edited by PHeMoX; 10/15/09 15:09.

Re: Why God exists [Re: PHeMoX] #294134
10/16/09 14:50
10/16/09 14:50
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
Here is an easy and short statement:

If there would be god, there would also be a hell.
Everybody how donīt believe in god goes there.

BUT: There are different religions, so, nobody believes in all so, everybody would go into hell.

Because of that, the hell must get bigger, so it would be colder.

The hell would be cold -> no hell!

Thatīs why, God canīt exist.

Re: Why God exists [Re: Rei_Ayanami] #294177
10/16/09 19:50
10/16/09 19:50
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Funny reasoning, but the ironic thing is that religious people tend to do exactly that.

"There is a God because they need a God, basically so they can feel good and because otherwise they won't get into Heaven. Which they actually do not know anything about, except from their own fictional knowledge about that place. Same goes for God actually. Amen."

The purpose of a religion or even faith itself is a very interesting subject.

Re: Why God exists [Re: PHeMoX] #294224
10/17/09 09:47
10/17/09 09:47
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
Why God exists? Who says he does exists? Anyone seen him? laugh
Anyway, I do believe in SOMETHING above us, some larger force or new birth after death.

But believing in God is kinda funny to me. People are all:
"do right, do no wrong. I believe in God. He lives above us in heaven, sky, clouds, he's everywhere...BUT you cant see him!!! And he has his List with 10 commands that you MUST obey or you'll end up in his special place under ground for bad people where you will rot and burn till end of the time!!!...............BUT - GOD LOVES YOU!!"

hahaha hehe. I heard this somewhere but i cant remember from who and where. Anyway, it's just a joke. Everyone needs to believe in something but not the bible. Not only it's full of lies but it was written for Church interests. I personally believe in new birth or something like that.

I dont feel like running, singing and watching nature all my eternity in heaven.
No offense to anyone please... wink

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Why God exists [Re: croman] #294247
10/17/09 14:35
10/17/09 14:35
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
Anyway, I do believe in SOMETHING above us, some larger force or new birth after death.

Do you really? If you believe in something, but don't know what it must be, then how can you believe in anything at all?

I think believing in something, is sort of admitting their might be things we do not know yet.

Which would be practically the same as saying we don't truly know. Why should the unknown always be of a spiritual nature or divine nature?

When you think hard about that, you'll see it makes as much sense as believing in God... (which doesn't make much sense.)

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes Wïŋ―rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite