Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Trading Journey
by M_D. 04/26/24 20:22
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by M_D. 04/26/24 20:03
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
M1 Oversampling
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:12
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
MT5 bridge not working on MT5 v. 5 build 4160
by EternallyCurious. 04/25/24 20:49
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/21/24 07:12
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (M_D, AndrewAMD, Quad, Ayumi), 806 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Why God exists [Re: PHeMoX] #294254
10/17/09 15:57
10/17/09 15:57
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
Quote:
Anyway, I do believe in SOMETHING above us, some larger force or new birth after death.

Do you really? If you believe in something, but don't know what it must be, then how can you believe in anything at all?

I think believing in something, is sort of admitting their might be things we do not know yet.

Which would be practically the same as saying we don't truly know. Why should the unknown always be of a spiritual nature or divine nature?

When you think hard about that, you'll see it makes as much sense as believing in God... (which doesn't make much sense.)

You´re right PHeMoX wink

And I want to say I believe in the things that are shown in Neon Genesis Evangelion - YES tongue !

Re: Why God exists [Re: Rei_Ayanami] #294262
10/17/09 18:28
10/17/09 18:28
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
Well, believing in anything doesnt make much sense, yes. But I want to believe that our life is not over when we die. It's just that i dont believe in some special God. By the way, is God a person after all? Or is it a name for....something? Noone knows...not even a pope.
Actually, believing is somewhat assuring yourselfs that the death is not the end and blah blah stuff. That's what I (want to) believe in.

But also for me, belief/believing/religion is fucked up stuff. That messes up your brain 100% hehe.

Again no offense to anyone (not ateists, not believers) wink

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Why God exists [Re: croman] #294380
10/18/09 19:47
10/18/09 19:47
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

and the things about the EVE and Adam ? if they did sex, then there is those child, that then would need to mate with their own children (sisters and brothers) ( that genetically speaking is dangerous..) thats thats why we are all fucked up, with diseases and genetic problems, alzeimer, etc etc...

as far as i know the church does not accept sex with brothers, but they DID it! i think, thats what i think at least.. if that eve thing is true at all.

And i dont know who told them to put the penis on the vagina would give call a child to world, i wonder what other holes they tryed to found that out.

Now think about this.. we have 2 DNA strands, one from father, and one from mother...

since they are 2 ( eve and adam) so whos the carrier of the strands?? i mean..

EVE has 2 DNA strands, one from the mother one from the father, so but if there was no one before them, how could they have 2 strands?

So eve has one strand from somone, that could be same as adam, because they come from the same source i think.. so that would make them BROTHERS "twins" at first..
So their chirldren would have half on EVE DNA, and Adam DNA.. but because EVE AND ADAM DNA are the same.. their child would be Clones of EVE and ADAM, so they would never be different from offspring.. Which is very confusing and makes no sense, So.. Its Fake fake fake that story, its like whos first the chicken or the EGG, in fact the first is the EGG. The Egg came from some creator.

Last edited by MMike; 10/18/09 19:53.
Re: Why God exists [Re: croman] #294391
10/18/09 21:04
10/18/09 21:04
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: croman
Well, believing in anything doesnt make much sense, yes. But I want to believe that our life is not over when we die. It's just that i dont believe in some special God. By the way, is God a person after all? Or is it a name for....something? Noone knows...not even a pope.
Actually, believing is somewhat assuring yourselfs that the death is not the end and blah blah stuff. That's what I (want to) believe in.

But also for me, belief/believing/religion is fucked up stuff. That messes up your brain 100% hehe.

Again no offense to anyone (not ateists, not believers) wink

No offense taken at all and I hope I do not offend you either.

I just think it's funny people would want to believe in that.

Why not truly try to make the best of now and live your life to the fullest instead of thinking it might magically continue in an afterlife. wink

I'm not saying you aren't enjoying life as it is already, but I often think people who want to believe in these things, could get more out of their lives simply by changing their attitude and mentality. laugh

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Why God exists [Re: PHeMoX] #294468
10/19/09 11:10
10/19/09 11:10
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
Quote:

and the things about the EVE and Adam ? if they did sex, then there is those child, that then would need to mate with their own children (sisters and brothers) ( that genetically speaking is dangerous..) thats thats why we are all fucked up, with diseases and genetic problems, alzeimer, etc etc...

I'll second that. Hehe, yea...as you said yourself - that's why Human species is all fucked up.

Quote:

No offense taken at all and I hope I do not offend you either.

I just think it's funny people would want to believe in that.

Why not truly try to make the best of now and live your life to the fullest instead of thinking it might magically continue in an afterlife. wink

I'm not saying you aren't enjoying life as it is already, but I often think people who want to believe in these things, could get more out of their lives simply by changing their attitude and mentality. laugh

laugh I'm trying to get most of my "current" life. Basically, when I look back how I act, my life really looks like "living for today" type.

And yes, as much as I think about "my belief" it gets more funnier to me and I think of myself as more and more stupid. But, anyway, why does someone believe in something at all? Dunno...
Well, I guess i could maybe believe in the Sun hehe, at least i see It.

As I said before, belief/believing/religion messes with your brain... But still, i want to believe that i'm not gone when i die laugh

Oh and also if science could create some Elixir for longer life(perhaps with no death) I'd become the biggest worshiper of whatever-that-branch-of-science-is. And i think new religion would be created then hehe...I'm just thinking out loud....

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Why God exists [Re: croman] #294478
10/19/09 13:09
10/19/09 13:09
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Oh and also if science could create some Elixir for longer life(perhaps with no death) I'd become the biggest worshiper of whatever-that-branch-of-science-is. And i think new religion would be created then hehe...I'm just thinking out loud....

Yes and same here. I would probably worship something like that too.

To some extent it's what religion is about too, only difference is that the religious people still think they will have to die first before they can start 'living forever'.

I honestly respect people of all kinds of faith, but really when you think about it, how crazy is that? laugh smirk

It's still extremely interesting to me though. You know the what when and how what drives people to believe in these kinds of things.

Re: Why God exists [Re: PHeMoX] #294480
10/19/09 13:25
10/19/09 13:25
behind this enternet window
zeusk Offline
zeusk  Offline

behind this enternet window
To say that god doesnt exist is saying that our lives are meaningless. I bet most ppl here belive that theres some extraterestial life out there in space.But if we found out that there is no alien life some kind of way, ppl would be devastated but it didnt really hurt anything to belive in aliens.Maybe it is a waste of time to some ppl, but what if god was real, and when he came you was not accepted to go to heaven, and you felt the the same burning pain as if you were on the sun for enternity.What if you were accepted and you would be able to live for enternity feeling a thousand times better than on the best day of your life, never having to worry about anything for enternity, knowing all the secrets of the universe.For someone to say they wouldnt wont that must truly be insane.I know i would.

Last edited by zeusk; 10/19/09 13:26.
Re: Why God exists [Re: zeusk] #294506
10/19/09 15:42
10/19/09 15:42
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
Well living without worries, knowing everything and living like that for eternity would kinda be boring, at least to me. I'd rather choose to be born again as human or another living being.
Also, if i remember correctly, God loves all living beings, so that means Alliens too, right? I mean, they're living beings afterall just like we are.

Believing in alliens is a matter of choice, just like religion. I think that somewhere out there should be some sort of life away from the Earth or Solar System. But talking about alliens and such stuff is completely another big subject just as this one "Why God exists" is.

Btw, on that question - "Why God exists?" Why, beats me, I really have no idea. Shouldnt the question be - "Does God exists?" laugh

If "our" God exists, I bet he's something like that Q guy from Star Trek, if anyone remembers it. And that's some fucked up Q that keeps on testing us, punishing us - better word for that, playing with us.

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Why God exists [Re: zeusk] #294667
10/20/09 14:05
10/20/09 14:05
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: zeusk
To say that god doesnt exist is saying that our lives are meaningless.

Not at all! Why? Explain to me why a life in the here and now would be meaningless.

It's popular religious propaganda to state that a live without a faith in God, somehow makes life itself less interesting or meaningful. Excuse me, but that kind of reasoning is just plain stupid.

Quote:
I bet most ppl here belive that theres some extraterestial life out there in space.But if we found out that there is no alien life some kind of way, ppl would be devastated but it didnt really hurt anything to belive in aliens.

It's a better motive indeed if believing in a religion really doesn't hurt, but nothing's further from the truth.

The good old better save than sorry argument really only goes so far.

Even if the influence of a God or religion isn't obvious in everyday life and taking into account the fact that specifics about a God entity and it's whereabouts are totally and utterly unknown... then I really wonder how much true value such a reasoning has as well.

Don't forget the often huge implications being a member of a certain religion can have.

Wars, blind faith, being vulnerable to manipulation, discrimination, unwanted marriages in some cultures, less rights for women, hate-speech, non-religion related propaganda, isolation, abuse, social conditioning; there's really a lot more negative stuff surrounding or potentially surrounding a religious person's life.

Quote:
Maybe it is a waste of time to some ppl, but what if god was real, and when he came you was not accepted to go to heaven, and you felt the the same burning pain as if you were on the sun for enternity.What if you were accepted and you would be able to live for enternity feeling a thousand times better than on the best day of your life, never having to worry about anything for enternity, knowing all the secrets of the universe.For someone to say they wouldnt wont that must truly be insane.I know i would.

Fear of missing out on something, really is a bad motive to believe in a God or religion.

We all want to become rich, so many of us will buy lottery tickets. Same kind of silly thing when you think hard about it. (It's really easier and faster and much more realistic to try and become a millionaire through plain hard and intelligent work!)

Do you really think all people who buy a ticket have a true (objectively speaking after winners are known) chance of winning?

I'm not talking about predestined life, but it's a statistical fact that many people will not ever win a jackpot prize or considerably large price even when they buy lottery tickets all their life.

..and then those people aren't even really doing anything 'wrong' compared to a religion that has many additional and sometimes odd rules. Breaking them could also lead to a punishment at the gates of heaven according to many... so really, if it exists at all, I really don't think heaven can be a crowded place.

I think that to any open mind it should be obvious that the whole heaven-reward is a made-up thing, a human invention to give comfort and hope (and be able to manipulate people). Nothing more, nothing less.

Re: Why God exists [Re: PHeMoX] #294757
10/21/09 01:44
10/21/09 01:44
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

Religions BELIEVE ME AND TRUST ME EVERYONE; BECAUSE I HAVE NO INTEREST TO DO BAD TO YOU IN ANY SORT OF WAY..

RELIGION IS A CUBE, A BOX; TO KEEP UP THERE; BELIEVING IN LIFE IS BEATIFUL LETS HAVE FAITH; LETS BELIEVE SOMEONE ( GOD) WILL CHANGE THINGS BETTER.

RELIGION IS WITH NO OFFENSE; A STORY, like those you tell to your kids, to entertain , TO MAKE PEOPLE forget other things, to KEPP HUMANITY CONTROLLED!

THEY ARE ILLUMINATI BRANCHES... AND I THINK YOU DONT WANT TO LIVE YOUR LIFE ARRESTED IN THAT BOX.

RELIGION DONT TEL YOU ABOUT YOUR SPIRIT LIFE; RELIGIOU IS THE CULT OF GOD, withis equal to you will slaver , by doing that praying thing every sunday on the Church..

WAKE UP PEOPLE.. your smarter than this right!?

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite