by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora), 485 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: BUG] #302138
12/16/09 21:52
12/16/09 21:52
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
I'm all for steampunk themed games; A "Warlords: Behind Enemy borders", Bug's idea, but where one battles steam-powered automatons and bio-engineered air krakens would give me great pleasure.

But I'll be flexible tongue. Can't really tell if this theme is appealing to mainstream players or not. Anything historic has my preference as well. But I won't walk away from sci-fi or anything else. Just less motivation ^^.

The gameplay is all fine by me.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: George] #302139
12/16/09 21:54
12/16/09 21:54
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
i suggest a multiplayer game, why? because they are the only indie games that really survive for any amount of time, i suggest games similar like what torque does... some simple arena based or level based games with about 8 players, we could make a very exciting multiplayer tank game with just a terrain, few buildings and 8 players, something that could be worth playing, am not fond of aiding any singleplayer game, not that its not possible but it gets stale real quick...

so my ideas:
-8 player tank game [terrain, block based buildings, items, powerups]
-8 player plane game [same as above]
-8 player tps/fps shooter, doesnt have to be a clone... it could be unreal style and use open doors level.. so imagine:

8 players, terrain, few buildings, few fast paced weapons simple movement and animation, fast paced fun, take a look at legions made with torqe, am sure we can EASILY get that quality

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: George] #302160
12/17/09 01:42
12/17/09 01:42
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Originally Posted By: George
Don't forget that we aren't building a MMO, but a casual game. Read the articles from Aum86...Aum88 to see why.

I understand this that George is looking for an idea for a casual game, right?

Let me talk about the idea of a "slide puzzle", again.
Sorry for throwing in my idea in my first post without further explanations. Did anyone get the idea at least a bit?

The substance of the game is a number of equal squares that fill a certain rectangle. Only one square is left, and the player can use this free space to move a square beside the free space. This is as well the rule, you can shift only one of the squares into the free space, you can't lift them or 'jump', and only vertical and horizontal moves are aloud.

Now, the addition in the Wallace and Gromit Sequence from Telltale Games to this rule is that you can't certain squares, if they come near certain other squares.

The goal is traditionally to puzzle a picture that is printed on the squares, or to reach a certain combination of numbers that are printed on the squares.

The goal in the Wallace and Gromit episode is to place a certain square at a certain place, Wallace has to reach the bared window to call Gromit for help.

I think it might be a worth modificating these rules and goals.

Let's say one square has to cross the rectangle from one end to the other, when the square reaches the square at the other edge the level is won. But, there are certain squares that you have to avoid touching. Others have to stay in an even bigger distance. Then, there are other squares that have to go in front of the player's square to sort of 'prepare' or 'clean' the way.

Let's say we increase the size of the given rectangle and thus the number of squares from level to level, let's say, we increase the number of different properties of the squares, this might lead to the need of more free spaces than one, and this decision leads to further rules.

So much about the substance, now, let's talk about the design.

The main idea is already realized by the W&G episode: the squares are personalized, each square is a person.
The restriction of the person's movement is rectified by the fiction that the persons stuck in sand.

I think the persons have to be combined with the squares to make it sort of plausible - that's what design is about, right? Making rules and conditions and goals of a game plausible and obvious.

Okay, here my idea for a game design:
The rectangle is a sea, the squares are monsters without legs, who swim on square formed platforms, sort of rafts.

Some of the monsters are fire monsters that could melt the player's platform of the player, some parts of the sea have acid on its surface which has to be cleaned off by other monsters first before the player can cross them... and so on - I'm quite sure that, after we have a first prototype the ideas for further features are coming.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Pappenheimer] #302167
12/17/09 04:16
12/17/09 04:16
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
As long as the project isn't overly complicated and massive, count me in.

I'd like to say, though, that I don't really like slow-paced puzzle games very much. After a while they just get boring.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Redeemer] #302182
12/17/09 09:12
12/17/09 09:12
Cebu City, Philippines
boyax Offline
boyax  Offline

Cebu City, Philippines
This is a nice one...i'm willing to take part also as long as isn't overly complicated.. count me in! grin

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: George] #302183
12/17/09 09:29
12/17/09 09:29
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
Hi everyone,

I'd really like to say this is a great idea. If there is anything I can do to help I will.

I can make pretty nice animated models, but mostly prefer making simpler fun ones.

I have had many game ideas here's a few.

A two player run and jump game with kangaroo rats combined with a casual game like tetris where you collect marbles with your rats and try lining them up like tetris on a separate sides of the screen. Rat model already done. laugh

A four-player king of the hill chess game with 3d models battling for their game-board position on the mountain.

A game that builds sand castles like with wet sand falling with physics to build spikes.

A music memory game like Simon where a model grows in geometric shapes to the music.

Well there’s my eccentric list but the truth is a simpler game design like the new Super Mario Brothers might be more realistic.

I would be happy doing any simple art or modeling for this game if you want me. laugh

Good luck with the project.

Guardian

PS: One last game a endless motorcycle ride game where you get off the road once in awhile at a biker bar to have a few beers and kick some… grin

Guardian

Game Models
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Guardian] #302184
12/17/09 09:39
12/17/09 09:39
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Some isometric fantasy action/adventure stuff (sort of a smaller "Landstalker", but maybe going a bit of a different way in order to make sure the task is not too big) would be neat and in this case I would be highly interested.

But in order to join soemthing there has to be a well laid out plan which shows me that this is - unlike many other communtiy projects - is going somewhere.
also my availability is quite irregular, but I'd like to improve my skills concerning team work.

I expect at least SVN, Doxygen, a bug tracking tool and clear assignments/requirements. I'd also appreciate some general coding rules concerning module interfaces. This way I see it possible to distribute the work properly and this might indeed work out.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: FBL] #302187
12/17/09 10:30
12/17/09 10:30
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
I like the idea from pappanheimer laugh

we could implent à System that allows the user to load à pic and then He Must puzzle it like in your idea laugh

I also like the idea of à 2 player jump'n'run where the Player can Jump on each other and kill them so grin

i also like Tower Defense Games, we could make one with Co-op modus.

Just my 2 Cents,
Marian

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Rei_Ayanami] #302189
12/17/09 11:35
12/17/09 11:35
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
Thank you all for the good ideas; please keep them coming. We'll allow any forum user to vote several game ideas, and then the team will choose the best one. I'd like us to stay away from projects that require a lot of work; some people can lose their motivation if they don't see too many results after several months of work.

Bug: thank you for the generous offer; I liked the Commandos games a lot.

I'm not sure if any of you guys has ever played Z but it's an RTS with a twist that's got lots of great reviews back then: Z on Wikipedia

I'd like us to keep the ideas flowing, without trying to demonstrate why our ideas are better than others' ideas for now. We can then get lots of useful game concept twists from any comment that any user posts here.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: George] #302190
12/17/09 11:43
12/17/09 11:43
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
@George: I never played the original Z, but I have Z: Steel Soldiers

It was a cool game, but not for a long time...

Edit:my 1000 post :D:D:D

Last edited by Rei_Ayanami; 12/17/09 12:11. Reason: look at edit
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de