by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, degenerate_762), 907 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: LarryLaffer] #302319
12/18/09 15:16
12/18/09 15:16
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
Originally Posted By: LarryLaffer

Quote:
I think I'll leave the "and my axe" alone to avoid confusion

Uhhh.. I was kinda hoping for a combo...

i was actually going to give "my bow", but it was too late, combo was already dead.

Originally Posted By: darkinferno
honestly, if we have an opportunity to make use of so many talented users, why would we do a puzzle game? or some simple, solve this, roll the ball here game?

i think we can easily pull off any of these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8k-V3czlXQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEbU-DspSfg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qubvoZnaYKk

these games are nothing more than a few terrains with basic movement and some netcode

something simple yet makes use of some of the engine elements, terrain, basic movement, blocks, something that'd make someone wanna take a look at GS

Completely agree with you darkinferno. that's also what i think.

community has many talented programmers, we could do a lot more than any puzzle game with that talent. Gameplay wise, we should use this talent, and go for something more complicated than simple puzzles and causal games.(but not so complicated.)

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Quad] #302323
12/18/09 15:29
12/18/09 15:29
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
I agree that small puzzle games are not really handy to do for us, but only because those games are focussed about artwork! Not because they're easy to make. We have only talents in programming as far as I see, and that will result in a less appealing game to see. Yet that need not to bother if we think of something technically "amazing" that's visible to the user.

A climbing, running and hanging dummy model isn't really good though.
We can't do the first link for we probably have no good models or levels.

The second video is less about environment but more about particles. Particles is an art too. Yet that can be overcome.

The third video looks bad tongue. Quite a low standard if we'd be content with that. It's equally hard to make a bad looking puzzle game. I'm sure we can do better.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Joozey] #302334
12/18/09 16:46
12/18/09 16:46
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
i would love to be helpful here. Adventure games, like LarryLaffer said are dying, it's a challenging genre to create, we could revitalize the genre(i don't mean a zombie shooter either,lol, no disrespect to anyone creating one). i have great ideas and can write incredible storylines. the idea of a game with action, and great puzzle elements with a good storyline, somewhat historical fiction, would be cool. like an adventurer time jumping to different time periods exploring each level, completing missions, collecting artifacts of that time period to activate another time portal to access the next time period. also knowing that he has a limited amount of time to complete the mission or be trapped in that time forever. here is the mission: you are chasing an insane scientist that created this technology to go back in time wanting to change history as we know it, and here's another problem, he is you in the future, and you have discovered his plans after witnessing his first time jump into the past. the cool thing about this project is, there are many talented coders and modellers here and experts at shaders. I can write a full storyline, if anyone wants to try this idea. it would be a great game idea, if you want to try an adventure.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Blink] #302339
12/18/09 17:12
12/18/09 17:12
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Sounds nice. Villainous mad scientist are always good. I hope the modelling position can be filled.

tongue

Last edited by Joozey; 12/18/09 17:13.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Blink] #302341
12/18/09 17:24
12/18/09 17:24
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Is "adventure" 3d... top view? or first person?...

As for the many-coders-problem:
What would be a fun task (I think) would be the coding of random-map-generation (for any type of game). Given a few parameters (percentage of land/water, density of forest/hills etc).

I don't want to make a shooter, but I think we've almost agreed on that.

http://blurst.com/blush/
This is a good game.

What I'd like the most would be something like (firoball's? was it his?) four little warriors, if I remember it correctly.
Choose you character(s), equip him/her, go and solve a mission, bird perspective. Click to move to a spot, right click to do something special at that spot (hide behind a rock/pick something up/open a door). As simple as possible. Maybe in the style of settlers 3, but 3d.

Preferably Multiplayer. I can do multiplayer-character movement (prediction and interpolation), i'd like to do it in ANet. 4 Players max would be better than 8, I think.
Something as fast and intuitive as jump 'n bumb:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8b84SrwgDU

Co-Op mode has always been the most fun to play (diablo II, halo) in any game, I think.

Edit: For more inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lKAJEzV5vc&feature=player_embedded
Simple design, yet they've done so much with it!
Lots of programming, only 2d art, still looks great... Intuitive controls from what I gather, drag-and-drop-equipping...

Last edited by Germanunkol; 12/18/09 18:12.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Germanunkol] #302345
12/18/09 19:12
12/18/09 19:12
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
well, third person is cool i think. when he is interacting with the level it should be third person, but when he is on a level where he has to solve a puzzle, the perspective switches to a top down view. what would be cool is making him have to use tools of the area he is in to make weapons just to make sure there is no unfair advantage of futuristic weapons, thats if my idea was a game.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Joozey] #302359
12/18/09 21:17
12/18/09 21:17
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
Originally Posted By: Joozey
I agree that small puzzle games are not really handy to do for us, but only because those games are focussed about artwork! Not because they're easy to make. We have only talents in programming as far as I see, and that will result in a less appealing game to see. Yet that need not to bother if we think of something technically "amazing" that's visible to the user.

A climbing, running and hanging dummy model isn't really good though.
We can't do the first link for we probably have no good models or levels.

The second video is less about environment but more about particles. Particles is an art too. Yet that can be overcome.

The third video looks bad tongue. Quite a low standard if we'd be content with that. It's equally hard to make a bad looking puzzle game. I'm sure we can do better.

-we also have a few modelers, we dont want AAA quality and a block based level under some good lighting can definately pull off what was shown in that video

-video 2 could also be simply done with basic character models, all that game has is terrain and models, no shaders, we could easily do that with a multi texture terrain, some blocks and just 2 player models [assuming its a team based game]

i have no interesting a puzzle game or a puzzle like game, no that they arent good but its kinda the standard for the indie market, how many times will we get so many talented users on one project, i say focus on something that can display something good from the engine, so my vote:

- very stylized single player [great story and great artwork is the only way to do this]
- multiplayer arcade game [mostly code and some pretty standard artwork]

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: darkinferno] #302360
12/18/09 21:25
12/18/09 21:25
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
The only shooter game that comes to mind that would remain a hit is making a game like Team Fortress. The humor is mandatory.

Multiplayer has my vote as well.

Last edited by Joozey; 12/18/09 21:25.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Joozey] #302367
12/18/09 22:18
12/18/09 22:18
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Quote:
and here's another problem, he is you in the future

I love this... So many puzzles that can be made with this concept..

Quote:
Is "adventure" 3d... top view? or first person?...

I was thinking third person static cameras. So it looks like an old fashion 2d adventure, but it will all be 3d. And of course, point and click.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Joozey] #302370
12/18/09 22:31
12/18/09 22:31
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
Originally Posted By: Joozey
The only shooter game that comes to mind that would remain a hit is making a game like Team Fortress. The humor is mandatory.

Multiplayer has my vote as well.

yes thats true, a comedy style would also excuse most graphical flaws / glitches, doesnt have to be ton but somewhat comedic, 8 players would also do nicely and could use standard expected shooter weapons which wouldnt be hard to code, the movement could be done client side since it isnt that much of a major title.. i planned to do a game like this anyways after my current project.. so if its not done here.. i'll do it with Anet and my own team wink

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de