by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (rki, AndrewAMD), 407 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Quad] #302441
12/19/09 15:01
12/19/09 15:01
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
@Quadraxas
Yeah! such a game would be cool!
i played obscure 2 and it was great. the coop mode was really great!

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: alibaba] #302448
12/19/09 16:05
12/19/09 16:05
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Quote:
Girl steps on the guys hand, guy raises her up, she uses screwdriver on the cover, then goes in.

I found it..

Check out the guy looking at her butt tongue. Nevertheless, I really like the idea and may try that game sometime, but I'd still be a little shy at trying to create one. Especially on a project like this. Everyone must be completely aware of how our network framework works in order to contribute their code snippets. Otherwise, all the work will fall onto the one-two poor guys that will try to build that network framework.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: LarryLaffer] #302449
12/19/09 16:33
12/19/09 16:33
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
yeah,yeah actually it was not my sugestion to create a online coop version of such game. In fact, imo multiplayer can wait for second project and also little puzzle games are too small.

we could create a 3rd person adventure/puzzle with a little action and probably with a dark,mysterious story. It doesnt have to be very long, 2-3 hours playtime is ok imo. Downside of such game is that we need good voice acting and musics, and alot of models/levels of same consistent art style. because of that this could also be hard for such group.

the game we are creating should be focusing on gameplay and game mechanics imo, this is what our group can do best. We can follow a easier to create art style.

or

we can go for arcade with things like online highscores and leveleditor etc.(Aaaa! of Dejobaan was a very successfull indie-arcade game wink ) This could sace us from thinking about a great story,scripting the story, voice acting, too much level design fitting the story etc.

IF you think about it the game should be completed in 6-8 months at max. and none of the group members are doing this as a full time job.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Quad] #302452
12/19/09 16:44
12/19/09 16:44
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
I don't think voice acting and music would be too hard to find. It might be tough to make all the levels required by an adventure game and make them look ok (adventure games require decent graphics). Which is why I proposed this to be 3rd person point and click, so the camera will be far enough for the levels to look good and the level designers can also focus on working on the levels only from a certain view perspective.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: LarryLaffer] #302463
12/19/09 17:42
12/19/09 17:42
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
a co-op game sounds prety cool. if one player plays it, he can give commands to the ally or switch bodies to have control of that character, or two people can control each character, and there will be a cooperative effort between them to solve certain puzzles. if there was a game where one person who was stronger had to lift an item, then the other person could reach under the item and aquire something needed to complete the puzzle.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Blink] #302479
12/19/09 19:54
12/19/09 19:54
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
the co-op being described above seems already too much, multiplayer right? theres alot of work to tie those systems together, i still think a single player system may be a bore as like most created so far and i think everyone should take a look at the demos from torque game engine to see an idea.. i dont care much for creating a game based on what i want, but everyday this community talks about getting good looking demos for the engine... i say now we have the chance, we can definately create something moderately good for even a team of 2 people so i dont see why 5 or more should be working towards something too basic..

if you try a single player game, then you have to put alot more work into animations, sounds, models, all aspects, we mainly have coding skill... and dont see why we should aim to create anything less than what i've seen from one man teams of this forum..

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Blink] #302480
12/19/09 20:14
12/19/09 20:14
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline
Expert
slacer  Offline
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
For a co-op game, how about this idea?

You awake and find yourself and your teammates in a kind of control room. They tell you that they seem to be an a abandoned space ship which was lost during the last big war 200 years ago.

Your mission/sub missions:
- find the master control room to enable the emergency energy
- find the systems video log, to understand why this ship is abandoned and what kind of problems might be in your way
- disable the autonom intruder detection systems on your way
- find the "energy crystals" (bio gel packs/nuclear battery) to power the lower space ship section

This way we could introduce several puzzles, autonom security bots, ...

---------------

This game could be played as
- single player with npc team mates
- hot seat (switch between persons)
- LAN mode (without chat system)
- split screen (two cameras) using joysticks for input

EDIT
Currently I try to make a deal for a texture + model pack for such a game. This could give this project a big boost grin

Last edited by slacer; 12/19/09 20:17.
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: slacer] #302494
12/19/09 21:46
12/19/09 21:46
England
M
MrGuest Offline
Serious User
MrGuest  Offline
Serious User
M

England
the amount of artists / assets available, although most think dooms the project, only hinders the project, any artist worth their salt would make models / textures / animations if they can see something that already exists, working, and playable

in this community there may well be fewer artists than coders, but it's a lot easier to find an artist with reference for the game that models are needed, than to find a coder to make the game for the models that already exist

people in this community can code with the engine, artists from any engine can make a model

once the infrasturcture is made of what we want to do is agreed and in place, then should we worry about getting models to go with the game

coop would be good to make, but MP isn't exactly GS's strong point. we should find what's possible, idealistic and sell (whether for free or paid), and approach it from there

Originally Posted By: LarryLaffer
I had this idea about a co-op adventure since I played Legend of Kyrandia on the Amiga. How cool would it be to have two or three people in the world trying to solve the story?

(i always used to think i was the only person who played LoK! :P)

final note: if this community project isn't what people want to create or work on, then let people know too, if there's 20 people who want to work on an FPS, but 10 want an RPG, doesn't mean the 10 people can't team up and make what they want

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: MrGuest] #302495
12/19/09 22:15
12/19/09 22:15
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Some sort of puzzle game, where a specific task has to be accomplished each level with co op(!) multiplayer where you need to support each other in order to reach the goal sounds very tempting....

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: MrGuest] #302502
12/19/09 23:13
12/19/09 23:13
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline
Expert
slacer  Offline
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
Originally Posted By: MrGuest
the amount of artists / assets available, although most think dooms the project, only hinders the project, any artist worth their salt would make models / textures / animations if they can see something that already exists, working, and playable

My idea was to get environmental art very soon into this project and try to get some artists from game-artists.net or moddb.com into the game once we have something to show.
To start with 50 static models and 100 textures could help the artists to concentrate on animated models, custom objects, etc.

It is just an idea and I asked the company for a way to use their models and textures in a community project without getting into legal trouble.

May it be a Sci-Fi, fantasy, medieval theme... was not part of my request. Just if it would be possible to find an arrangement for this project.

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de