by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (7th_zorro, howardR), 1,001 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Blink] #304915
01/11/10 20:42
01/11/10 20:42
Trier, Deutschland
Nowherebrain Offline
Serious User
Nowherebrain  Offline
Serious User

Trier, Deutschland
I'm brewing some concepts loosely based on a 3D version of joust, think World of Warcraft flight paths(minus the paths) and terrain(but much better foliage) built around a destruction derby style gameplay with pickups and bosses, but this is just initial concept...I need to iron out some stuff....is it feasible to do multiplayer etc...
I think it would be good to have a way to either network(stick a coder, an artist, and a designer) together and work in cells....just a thought.

Everybody Poops.
here are some tutorials I made.
http://www.acknexturk.com/blender/
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Nowherebrain] #304925
01/11/10 21:52
01/11/10 21:52
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Will anyone include Milestones in GDDocument? We haven't been able to figure out what to put so we left them out.

As for Sorcerers I know that number of rooms and models seems a bit too much work but I think with 3-4 levelers this can be done in a 2 months time. My top is one room per day (together with shadowmapping) once the texture-geometry-color matching is done(that could take 2-3 days per level).
As for models that's another story since Sorcerers concept can include 2D characters because of static battle-system.

Btw- does anyone has some bigger critic concerning Sorcerers concept? There has been a nice number of downloads but no critics. I could change or modify document if something is wrong until the dead-line.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Ganderoleg] #305246
01/13/10 19:18
01/13/10 19:18
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
i think everyone is waiting until after the 20th to vote. btw, it looks great. i wish i could do that,lol.

Last edited by Blink; 01/13/10 19:19.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Blink] #305253
01/13/10 20:00
01/13/10 20:00
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Thanx smile ...& yeah it has been little quiet here in a last few days. I hope some people are also working on their GDD's.
' Hope to see your GDD soon, I liked the storyline a lot.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Ganderoleg] #305265
01/13/10 21:12
01/13/10 21:12
Trier, Deutschland
Nowherebrain Offline
Serious User
Nowherebrain  Offline
Serious User

Trier, Deutschland
being unemployed is a lot of work...I have a few projects going on(one from another member of the forum) so this week is just stuffed, but I am working on my project still...I will do the art and some mock up code, but after that is done I am hoping some one can come in a do some code clean up...but that is down the road about a month....I still need to finish my docs.

Last edited by Nowherebrain; 01/13/10 21:12.

Everybody Poops.
here are some tutorials I made.
http://www.acknexturk.com/blender/
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Nowherebrain] #305270
01/13/10 21:35
01/13/10 21:35
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
its so difficult with my full time job and spending time with my family. i probably wont get much accomplished by the deadline. truth of the matter is, my storyline imho has a lot of potential to make a great game, and i am sure everyone else thinks the same thing about their project. if mine doesnt get picked, i am still going to try and put it together myself when i get done with my current project(also a great game imho,lol). i just thought that since there were so many members with so many good strengths in other areas besides story writing, this group project had a lot of potential. it just seems like evryone wants their story told....oh well, i just wish everyone good luck and i hope i can help whom ever it is that wins. @ ganderoleg, thanks! i hope we get to work together someday.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Blink] #305298
01/14/10 02:51
01/14/10 02:51
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
I’ve been playing this game “Plants vs. Zombies” for the past week or so. It’s kind of a retro game something like space invaders but with waves of zombies. If George’s idea is carried forward with anything like this sort of quality we should do pretty well. I think like most I favor doing an adventure game, however. Some of the narratives so far could be combined to make the retro game idea more interesting to all.

I’ve done all I planned on doing for my game ideas, looking forward to what happens next.

Guardian

Game Models
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Guardian] #305360
01/14/10 11:54
01/14/10 11:54
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
Please don't concentrate on great stories for now. Game mechanics have a greater priority.

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: George] #305484
01/15/10 03:36
01/15/10 03:36
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
Me, Myself, and My Enemy
A time jumping action / adventure
(c) Terrence Collins aka Blink, paranoid thoughtz multimedia
Written by Terrence Collins
Version 1.0
Thursday, Jan. 14, 2010
 1. Introduction
 Elevator pitch
 Me, Myself, and My Enemy is a time hopping action/adventure chronicling the exploits of a deranged scientist, hell bent on changing the past, using time travel devices of his own design. As his plans seem to be working in his favor, his plans are disrupted by the only person who could possibly stop him. His younger self.
 Abstract
 MMME is an action/adventure game that a pits a young man against the evil intents of his future self.Our hero must enter each level set in a different time period, solve puzzles to undo the time altering damage done by his future self. Missions can be stealth like to slip in and out of areas undetected or you can try to blend in with the time period, but you must avoid your future self at all costs or your cover will be blown. Your future self has attained positions of power in each time period, so you may have to watch out for henchmen. So there are some times where you may have to flee or “create” diversions or use traps to get out of peril.
Target audience
 Kids and adults, ages 6 and up.
Target Platform
 Windows-based PC. The game kit will include an executable (.exe) file that can be run.
 Unique selling points
-Level exploration, stealth like missions, with puzzle elements, booby trap setting;
- Alterate ending, depending on how player “chooses his path” in the end;
- The game runs fine even on low-end PCs.

2. Game Play
 Game Mechanics
Running the executable (.exe) file displays the main menu, which includes 4 selections that allow the player to set the start a new game, load a previously played level with current saved progress intact, options to adjust volume control of gam music, sound fx, and screen resoluton as well as window mode or full screen. The main menu bitmap also includes an "Exit" button, which shuts down the game.

The game begins by clicking the "Start" button on the main menu. A short cuscene will play and the mission screen show what tasks lay ahead for the player as well as what time period it is and the event in that time period that has been altered. He also carries an instrument that has a tracking device on it and radar letting the player know what types of items he is searching for and the direction he his going. The gameplay is generally linear, and upon assessment of what the missions are, the player can determine what mission he can tackle first and collect items that will allow him to solve the final puzzle on that level and allow him to open a portal to the next area.
The Player
 The player uses low polygon teenager body type with various animations. Enemies use various types of bodies and the main protagonist is an adult version of the player.

Game Controls
 a) Player controls
- W or cursor up = walk up
- S or cursor down = walk back
- A or cursor left = walk left
- D or cursor right = walk right
- Space = jump
- left mouse = fire weapon
b) Additional keys
- E = examine/use object
- F = flashlight (if equipped)
- G = duck
- V= call mission screen 
All the needed keys are displayed on the "Help" bitmap, which can be accessed from the main menu, as well as while playing the game by pressing the F1 key.

Level design
 The level will consist of five different areas set in different time periods and a sub level for each level to solve puzzle to “follow” your future self through time.
The Player
 The player uses low polygon teenager body type with various animations. Enemies use various types of bodies and the main protagonist is an adult version of the player. You can interact and talk with npc's at different times to sometimes gain information or aquire objects that may help you complete missions.

3. Game Screens

Player “hiding behind crates in basement, after witnessing his “future self setting a time portal, and is about to “time jump” to a another time period.

I think thats all i can do for now, i dont have time for a demo right now. hopefully, this will be an example of what i envisioned.

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Blink] #305552
01/15/10 14:27
01/15/10 14:27
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Totally love that Idea, Blink.
I think it's the best one so far, but I would really like it if we would use the same location for each level; the house (and garden?) of the character, in different time periods. I'd love to see how the thing changes from a normal house (present) to a futuristic villa with a big garage (in the past) and back into an old, worn down hut (past).

What I'm missing is more concrete puzzles, but I do realize you said time was short for you.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de