by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VoroneTZ, AndrewAMD), 833 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: George] #306725
01/24/10 14:43
01/24/10 14:43
A
aenkku Offline
aenkku  Offline
A

I like in enemies limited movement to player.
aenkku

Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: aenkku] #306739
01/24/10 16:06
01/24/10 16:06
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
hard decision...

i voted SuperKu but not undoubtedly. I think that a jump&run game is a good choice: No violence and direct competition with other players.

salud!

Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: slacer] #306743
01/24/10 16:55
01/24/10 16:55
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline
msmith2468  Offline

USA , NY
this was definiatly a hard decision. and i waited untill now to vote so i could read some of the comments. ultimately after reading through all the games i have choosen MMME. because im intrested to see how the puzzles will turn out and i enjoy puzzles in games so the time traveling puzzle game is a concept i feel will be enjoyable to play.

my second choice would have been the arcade room. with a group of classic games that can be custamizable sounds like a fun concept. i enjoy the classic games and they are the foundation for games we play today.

my third choice would have been superku. changing gravity is a nice concept and would seem like a fun game to play.

overall i didnt really dislike any of the games they all had some great idias and good luck to everyone laugh

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: slacer] #306748
01/24/10 17:34
01/24/10 17:34
Germany
Poison Offline
User
Poison  Offline
User

Germany
I also voted for the Untitled Platformer...the Idea of Changing the gravity and stuff sounds funny and would be really fun to play with.

Gretz

Poison

Everything is possible, just Do it!
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: slacer] #306764
01/24/10 19:36
01/24/10 19:36
England
M
MrGuest Offline
Serious User
MrGuest  Offline
Serious User
M

England
1stly, I wish you all good luck, and congratulations already on the game documents you've created.

Me Myself and My Enemy:
Love the idea, but at the moment i think it lacks the core gameplay which are the puzzles. I'd say continue working on those, then when the team is assembled and finished working on it's 1st project, if the puzzles are thought through with every condition to make it a challenging and completable game, then start work on this as the comunities 2nd project.

Also with a lot of time travel involved, you're going to already need double / triple the assets for each environment, as lots of the assets will have to be era unique.

Broken Planet:
Game document lacks what the game is trying to do, or what the player will experience, other than reading through it and thinking it sound a bit like AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! Also the Tomb Raider style puzzles lack any uniqueness, that is what I think this game needs to show this community can produce something.

Sorcerers:
I like the game idea, it seems like 3D trumps, but with all the work you've already done, I'd really like to see you complete this by yourself or the team you've been working with up until now.

With what you've already achieved, you show you are more than able to complete a game, and now giving the idea to the community may be a gesture you may regret in the future.

The Arcade Room:
Other than what robertbruce is trying to create and putting a front end on it, I don't see why people should team up, to create individual games

Mars Runs Red:
Nice idea, but at the moment, it sounds just like a new angle for half-life 2. It doesn't say exactly what kind of game the community would be creating, and any requirements or assets you'd want.

The story is great, but currently, I think that the team would be unable to offer enough time to create something equivalent to the story. (I am thinking nothing but Half Life 2, so more documentation would help).

Enemies:
I really don't know what to say about this, you seem to have 14 pages of nothing. The pictures tell you more about the game, and look good too, but exactly what do you want to create.

Lines like:

Originally Posted By: Robert Judycki
Puzzles
The player will need to control the platfrom-life.
Other sectors will require player to get various elements of the level into specific areas to
unlock certain teleporter.
Nowhere in your document do you say what kind of elements are required to be moved, how'd they be moved, will the enemy return them, etc...

Scale
2 cm = 1 Quant
Nothing in the design document has a scale, how big's the player ship?

Day and Night
Enemies AI attacks should be changed between Day and Night modus.
How do they even attack in the 1st place, never mind what the time of day is?

Time
Before the limit timer expires, teleportation to the next Sector going when the
platform of player-life is moved to the teleportation place, otherwise you get lost.
How do you get lost, is it game over, game restart, lose a life, retry level, start again from death point, etc...

Water
There will be water in the world that looks awesome and our game engine will
handle it beautifully.
This really doesn't tell anyone anything.
Collision Detection
The game engine handles collision detection really well. It uses many proven
professional techniques for effective collision handling.
Again, name which collision you'll use.

Add a lot more of what you're trying to create, and what the player needs to achieve to pass through each level, how long each level should last, etc... Keep the imagery, but start again with the text. You have a lot of ability in the art area, and a lot of ideas in your head, just get them down on paper and let us know what you're thinking.

Slacer:
The idea of bringing a 2D game into 3D always leaves me with the question of would it really work, there's a reason 2D games are made in 2D and haven't been made before in 3D.

Superku:
After seeing the document, it reminded me of parts in Prey, and wondered would this work as a stand alone game, then read
Originally Posted By: Hendrik Philipp Felix Pohl
As abilities grow, the main character's divine roots allow to move between
two (or more) periods of time (100-1000 years di erence). First this feature
is limited to special spots, later use is unlimited. Examples: Fossilized wood
can only be destroyed in the past but a bridge across the abyss only exists
1000 years later. A magic bean can be planted in the past to reach a high
level spot in the future.
Yes was my answer! I think the game would require lots of these 'quirks' to make its longevity last, but with this start, I'm sure you'd be capable.

Dungeon Souls:
I really loved Eye of the Beholder series, Bards Tale Series and pretty much every other game with that type of environment.

If there were more artists than programmers available, this would definately of been the project I chose for the community.
examples:
(Eye of the Beholder)

1nd choice:
Superku

I'm sure the community has the ability to create this game within 3-6months, being able to keep people eager enough to get it finished, yet leaving long enough to get it polished.

The idea I loved, it's simple and addictive, and with an level editor (a real must) will keep people entertained for months/years

2nd choice:
Dungeon Souls

Eye of the Beholder, was one of the 1st games release by Westwood Studios, which, in turn also went onto release titles including Dune II, Lands of Lore, The Legend of Kyrandia and even the birth of Command & Conquer series.

Bards Tale (original) created by interplay, also shows a vast amount of games can be created with this genre, with little work for artists and programmers to keep producing new titles.

Sorry for the 'extended post'.

Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: MrGuest] #306801
01/25/10 01:42
01/25/10 01:42
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Very good feedbacks, Mr Guest! laugh

My favorite concept is that of Superku, too. Mainly, because of the magnificent videos of the gameplay.
But, the concept is far from being complete, the graphical concept is completely missing. What is the main character?
You might ignore that in a fps, as long as the player can't see his avatar, but in a sidescrolling pc-game...
When developing this game, I would start with the programmed motions that Superku already got done, build a leveleditor, and build one level after another with only few of the motions of the character needed.
When adding further abilities, those abilities shouldn't touch those early levels, because they could vanish all the effort in building and balancing them.

For the gravity abilities look at "And Yet It Moves" (http://www.andyetitmoves.net/) to avoid too strong similarities. The people shouldn't compare it to that game, it should use the gravity in a different way with a different feeling.

Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: MrGuest] #306803
01/25/10 02:08
01/25/10 02:08
Lgh
rojart Offline
User
rojart  Offline
User

Lgh
Thanks You all for the nice comments and for voting my Design Document too smile

Originally Posted By: MrGuest
Nowhere in your document do you say what kind of elements are required to be moved, how'd they be moved, will the enemy return them, etc...

What you mean with elements are required to be moved? I can't see this in my dd.
For better understanding look at the picture below. Strangely, the other users understand this.

Nothing in the design document has a scale, how big's the player ship?

The Physical World scale: WED = 1 Quant = 1 Unit = 1 Pixel
Units to cm baseline:
16 = 32cm
32 = 64cm
64 = 128cm
128 = 256cm
256 = 512cm
512 = 1024cm
1024 = 2048cm
2048 = 4096cm
iBot player = 256cm * 4 = 1024cm = 512 Units

How do they even attack in the 1st place, never mind what the time of day is?

minutes = hours

How do you get lost, is it game over, game restart, lose a life, retry level, start again from death point, etc...

lose a life, but when all life get lose then game over and start again from first level

Water
There will be water in the world that looks awesome and our game engine will
handle it beautifully.

This really doesn't tell anyone anything.

Shader does this.

Again, name which collision you'll use.

OBB or AABB I'm not sure at the moment yet.

Here is my first level design as blocked-out scene:

(Right click it to go fullscreen)

Level Design in Progress...

All documents are pretty, but one can win.
Therefore, I wish you all the success!

Regards, Robert

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.
by Albert Einstein

PhysX Preview of Cloth, Fluid and Soft Body

A8.47.1P
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: MrGuest] #306813
01/25/10 06:15
01/25/10 06:15
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline
Expert
slacer  Offline
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
Slacer:
The idea of bringing a 2D game into 3D always leaves me with the question of would it really work, there's a reason 2D games are made in 2D and haven't been made before in 3D.

Thanky you for your comments but you need to read the document again.

It is not a remake of an existing 2D game, it is a uniqe idea about shooting with bubbelgum to glue opponents onto the ground or let them float into the air like if the bubbles where balloons.

My reference to "world of goo" was just an example for bubble like physics in a 2D game.

Last edited by slacer; 01/25/10 06:16.
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: slacer] #306907
01/25/10 18:36
01/25/10 18:36
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Thank you all for your nice comments and votes!

But be aware that the youtube videos are of my own sidescroller 'Superku', not of the 'Untitled Project' that I suggested.

@Pappenheimer: Oh..."And Yet It Moves" has already this feature implemented... We could focus on the time travel part or change the gravity feature to gravity boots that allow the player to walk on walls and ceilings.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote here! [Re: Joozey] #306937
01/25/10 23:19
01/25/10 23:19
NJ
S
SirCamaris Offline
SirCamaris  Offline
S

NJ
I also chose Dungeon Souls not only because it is my proposal, but I think that a good prototype can be made within the 1-2 month time frame. I took the project as far as designing a small level (labrynth/dungeon) for the purpose of demonstrating movement. You can find a zip archive containing the executable by following this link. DungeonSouls This project will encourage and necessitate assistance from a well rounded team. Should this project be chosen, keep in mind I've suggested the possibility in my design document of this being an ongoing project for the team. I'd also like to make a few quick comments. It seems that the community is leaning towards Superku, which I agree is a good proposal and will likely lead to a nice final project. The Arcade Room is not far behind. I am thinking since most of these games are of an arcade style, maybe we can use the Arcade Room as a starting point for combining some or all of our titles. Each game can have its own arcade machine.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de