by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 552 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309643
02/10/10 15:00
02/10/10 15:00
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Wow, you people write a lot tongue.
Not read the thread, but to answer the question:

Quote:
Joozey: Wicked. How "simple" is it? Like, can it be used for any surfaces? Or just straight surfaces? Any Demo video of a character walking (or just moving) around using your 2d collision?

Well fairly simple, of course it needs to be programmed from scratch (though I saw someone contributed a 2D physics package, not looked into it yet though). Surfaces can be curved, but the more accurate you want it, the heavier it gets for the CPU (I'm personally not that good in optimisation).

Uh, at hand I have a youtube of a walking pixel girl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMehNKAAmok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuHLKXZ_jcA

Youtube may bug a little, just click a bit further on the timeline to remove the strange flickering loading icon.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309660
02/10/10 16:09
02/10/10 16:09
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Thanks. I'm also impressed with your great works. Sincerelly, a bit scared to be up to this task.

@Ganderoleg
I also voted you as lead, are you agree? i think it is very important.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: txesmi] #309675
02/10/10 16:56
02/10/10 16:56
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Joozey

It's very inspiring video. We should definitely consider making one of the abilities that player has to be the ability to change un-passable scenery to passable.

@Txes

Thank you for nice words about my work & for your vote. I'm super-scared but I see we all have lots of talents so- if we play this right we cannot miss(...by very far grin ).

Maybe we could set the near-future step pipeline at this time:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
What we have so far:

AC Choosing the team coordinator
//simple voting for team member

A Getting to know each other art-abilities and choosing the segment that each of us would like to participate in
//posting our artwork & voting for development segment we want to do

B Choosing the general game technique direction
//vote for 2D,3D or combinations

What we will have to do next:

C Choosing the game design/style(most difficult of all)
//doing the sketches & small levels, making the raw example materials with explanations. Voting for posted styles or combinations of different posted styles

D Deciding on team function-structure
//who will do what and to what extent. This is not so much a question of voting but more question of interest, ability or agreeing to something you are maybe not so exited to do

E Choosing the best art pipeline for technique
//seeing what programs/formats/techniques are the most appropriate for our project, what programs we all have/are familiar with & what programs are free/open source and can be downloaded & used
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After this we can then see with the entire game team what is the story, game-play, levels number/structure...

If anyone feels that there is a missing step somewhere, or some step should be divided to more steps please feel free to state your opinion. I don't think we should put this in Ether Pad, to keep it clean and simple, but should post our observations and suggestions as replies.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309696
02/10/10 18:33
02/10/10 18:33
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
I think half of your last post should go into the gamedesign thread as well, Ganderoleg. As you mentioned, we can't decide these things without the rest of the team, and making any art-decisions without the programming team would lead nowhere, so we have to wait for them. Georges first request was, however, that we'd vote a team leader. Maybe he's waiting for that before making further decisions. So let's do that... how? Here? You're the only one nominated so far and the only one who seems to have the time, ability and, most important, the votes atm.

AC Choosing the team coordinator:
Two or three of the other team members haven't shown or replied yet, so they're probably those who george mentioned who don't have time yet but will join later. So I think, if Ganderoleg (and no other team members) dont't have any objections, he's now elected to be the artist-team-leader?
If no one writes any objections, I'll mail George "our" decision.

If this is too fast for anyone, sorry... but I feel all the other things we need to vote on sort of depend on this one, so I'm rushing it. I really wanna get going (or drawing) tongue

Last edited by Germanunkol; 02/10/10 18:33.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Germanunkol] #309733
02/10/10 20:43
02/10/10 20:43
BUG Offline
BUG  Offline

While everyone already showed some pics or sketches form his/her works, I might also give you a little impression:

The first 4 pics are from an early, rough city level with A7 which I worked for some weeks but never finished (due to lack of time). Most of the buildings can be entered (all factories and a white house).

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/Silencium17/?action=view&current=City.jpg
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/Silencium17/?action=view&current=Church1.jpg
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/Silencium17/?action=view&current=Factory1.jpg
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/Silencium17/?action=view&current=Factory2.jpg

I also designed some levels for "Thief2" (and I'm currently working on one)

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd309...01018_09_52.jpg
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/Silencium17/?action=view&current=3-2.jpg
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/Silencium17/?action=view&current=4-1.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/Silencium17/1-4.jpg

EDIT: And I also think that Ganderoleg should be the lead-artist.

Last edited by BUG; 02/10/10 20:46.
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309758
02/11/10 00:19
02/11/10 00:19
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Quote:
agreeing to something you are maybe not so exited to do

totally necessary.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: txesmi] #309767
02/11/10 02:04
02/11/10 02:04
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Germanunkol
I also agree that art team coordinator should be chosen but since were having some trouble with activity from number of team members I don't know what should be done. I could take on the coordination of the art team now and then, if things with votes change, will see what to do next. If there will be no changes in activity until tomorrow evening I will send email to George to see what he thinks.

I believe that every step after the first two(AC & A) should be checked and every decision molded with the programming team since we can't say what they can/can't do with the code(without damaging the gameplay). Also the question of art style is not important only to us but, I think, to all of the team members.

@Bug
I like your work, it seems to be very good- I especially like the last two screens from your Thief2 level.
I don't see your name in the art team list so you should first contact George at george@acknex.net if you would like to get on board. Thanx for your vote smile

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 02/11/10 02:07.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309769
02/11/10 02:39
02/11/10 02:39
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
i vote for Ganderoleg as lead.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Blink] #309771
02/11/10 03:56
02/11/10 03:56
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
Hi guys below are a couple links to some of my Art work. I have been working with gamestudio for many years. I can do 2d and 3d artwork. I can only spend a few hours a week on this project but would be happiest doing small modeling or art jobs.

A few of my models and a free game at turbosquid

A small gallery of mine on cgtalk

On a personal note I won't be part of the project if it contains satanic or cultic Iconography. Just not my thing.

Looking forward to some fun Guardian.

Guardian

Game Models
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Guardian] #309806
02/11/10 12:42
02/11/10 12:42
BUG Offline
BUG  Offline

@Ganderoleg:
George accidently added my name from Yahoo instead from this bord. I'll contact him to change it. Didn't noticed this until now blush

@Guardian:
Nice artwork! The "Death in Space" one looks awesome! laugh

Last edited by BUG; 02/11/10 16:32.
Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de