by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TipmyPip, AndrewAMD), 911 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Germanunkol] #313351
02/28/10 22:15
02/28/10 22:15
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Bug
Screens of your new level look much, much better then your earlier level cool I just love how compact & stylish your castle looks. I could definitely live there grin How long will it take you to finish it? Day, two days...?

@Germanunkol
This is nice concept- is it all 3D except for tree rots in the foreground & background? It's too bad that we can't see it the way it was meant to be seen frown

I think you & Bug should finish these levels. My new level is actually already done but I messed up with lightmapping and it doesn't look too good. I would also need until tomorrow to fix it.

So let's wait for our three new levels to be wrapped up & playable smile

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #313367
03/01/10 00:24
03/01/10 00:24
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Hi friends,
it seems that it will be a 3D game, so i decided try it with a 3D level. I have uploaded my first atempt around 3D structures. It tooks me more time than i thought, it is quickly textured and totally unfinished but i think that shows what i think about a 3D playground.

Salud!

PD: Good work to all!!

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: txesmi] #313441
03/01/10 14:59
03/01/10 14:59
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Txesmi
Downloaded & played it- very cool level smile The lights are a nice touch and I think textures bring very abstract quality to the entire scene.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #313469
03/01/10 16:45
03/01/10 16:45
BUG Offline
BUG  Offline

@Ganderoleg
Also I'm very busy, I'll try to upload it this friday (there's still so much to work on this one smile )

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: BUG] #313546
03/01/10 23:53
03/01/10 23:53
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Bug
O.k. will wait for Friday smile

I have uploaded the redesign of Supeku's scrolling level with balloon on the SkyDrive. I was unable to test if gameplay is still o.k. since I never really figured out what to do in the level in order to successfully finish it grin

Things that I had most troubles with are the lightmap's. They were the biggest issue since I had some trouble with Blender so I had to make the lightmaps with MED's Atlas Mapping tool. The downside is that instead of creating the UV mapping that revolves around the geometry areas, Atlas mapping revolves around faces. So in many places there are some visible triangles.

Problems with program are not big and the most apparent one is the fact that sister-player is shaking and sometimes getting stuck in geometry.

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 03/01/10 23:53.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #313552
03/02/10 01:08
03/02/10 01:08
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
@all: I like your work so far very much!
The newest level of txesmi has a nice concept, I like it.

Quote:
Problems with program are not big and the most apparent one is the fact that sister-player is shaking and sometimes getting stuck in geometry.

Ganderoleg, could you please explain "sister-player is shaking" and "sometimes getting stuck in geometry" in more detail (via PM to remain on-topic, please)?
I have not experienced these problems before. I will upload a new movement script in approx. 3 days without the crates/balloons getting stuck and a better collision detection.

Keep on the good work!

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Superku] #313642
03/02/10 17:23
03/02/10 17:23
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Hi all!

I have updated my 3d level. I tryed to give it a castle look wink.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: txesmi] #313679
03/02/10 21:09
03/02/10 21:09
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Txesmi
I love the animated-vortex doors cool ...and also now I remembered what your level reminded me of: Star Wars Jedi Outcast. There's a level were player finds himself in a room full of SF-looking containers, stacked on top of each other, and he has to jump from one to another like in a platform game.

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 03/02/10 21:21.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #314007
03/04/10 22:29
03/04/10 22:29
Srbija
Dimme Offline
Dimme  Offline

Srbija
Hi team members,

Last few weeks I was working on some music ideas for the game. I have 9 tracks uploaded on the SkyDrive and it would be great if you would download it and tell me what you think.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Dimme] #314099
03/05/10 18:04
03/05/10 18:04
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Hello team,

we are all set to begin with gameplay sketches. I have one made to demonstrate what they should consist of in terms of explanation and limitations.

We will take Superku's levels as a guideline for level-limitations so what we have is two movement layers for players and objects. You should take that into account when considering stairs, lifts, crates and all other things.
Each sketch should have drawing and clearly written order of actions displayed. They don't have to be the same as my sketch but it would be nice if you can make it as much detailed as possible.

This is the list of features that are currently present but you can add new objects and features that aren't present on the list if you think they will enhance the gameplay. Bare in mind when considering the enemies that there shouldn't be any open-battles with opponents but more something like confusing, locking-in, locking-out or dropping objects on them in order to make them unconscious.

Feature list:

- Sister player can change its gravity
- Brother player can crouch and get into small areas
- Boxes that can fall down
- Boxes that can float
- Barriers that destroy the players, but not the boxes
- Platforms that open doors when player steps onto them or pushes boxes over them
- Switches that opens/closes doors or move platforms

And also one important thing: It has been decided that game starts in this manner:

Game start up with brother & sister in the opposite cells(but in the same level and maybe even close enough so that they can talk to each other through the windows of their cells) of the Evil Lord's dungeons and a small mouse(mouse is actually a good wizard that got transformed into the mouse by the evil lord) brings the vial of potion to the sister, which enables her to switch gravity. Then we play sister for a while because she has to find a way to open her brothers cell(but that shouldn't take too long and meanwhile brother can also do some things from inside his cell in order to help his sister to release him), and after she opens his cell(or manages to crack a small tunnel or something else) we play them together.

You can begin creating the sketches using this as a starting point or you can just do sketches of gameplay with brother&sister already out of the cells.

That's all- lets see if we can come up with a great gameplay smile Good luck smile

Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de