by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, SBGuy, TipmyPip, ozgur), 923 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I'm searching a persons (unpaid) #319114
04/12/10 12:55
04/12/10 12:55
Kajaani, Finland
S
sampsa Offline OP
sampsa  Offline OP
S

Kajaani, Finland
I'm searching a persons in my team. I'm thinking that making a game and it would be sold and distributed the money among themselves. I would make levels and music. Sorry for my english.
Current project is a kind of horror game. I can´t say very much about the game but The main points are paranoid and phycosis.
I need:
programmer
modeler

Last edited by sampsa; 04/18/10 11:11.
Re: I'm searching a persons (unpaid) [Re: sampsa] #319804
04/17/10 22:34
04/17/10 22:34
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
You should post more detailed job offer by using the posting guidelines

No one is going to take you seriously with the current one.

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: I'm searching a persons (unpaid) [Re: Inestical] #319958
04/18/10 23:20
04/18/10 23:20
Hummel Offline
Expert
Hummel  Offline
Expert

and you have to assume that your ideas are less weighted than the perceptions of your programmer (should you find one)

Re: I'm searching a persons (unpaid) [Re: Hummel] #320176
04/20/10 07:59
04/20/10 07:59
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

We should make a collection of these type of job-offers,
its always funny to read them.

(Not directed at this post specifically)

"Hi Im X, (just played Y..) so I want to make a
Game like Y. I have a really cool story (Y+ type),
and you can work for me for payment (future Revenue * 0.01)
to make my game.
Come join my company B where Im the CEO.
I do the story and some levels.
I've downloaded a gunmodel already"

Re: I'm searching a persons (unpaid) [Re: Damocles_] #320177
04/20/10 08:20
04/20/10 08:20
Rasch Offline
Rasch  Offline

Originally Posted By: Damocles_

Haha that was funny grin

Re: I'm searching a persons (unpaid) [Re: Damocles_] #320745
04/24/10 04:41
04/24/10 04:41
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline
Joquan  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Damocles_
We should make a collection of these type of job-offers,
its always funny to read them.

(Not directed at this post specifically)

"Hi Im X, (just played Y..) so I want to make a
Game like Y. I have a really cool story (Y+ type),
and you can work for me for payment (future Revenue * 0.01)
to make my game.
Come join my company B where Im the CEO.
I do the story and some levels.

Why is it so hard for everyone to accept that people have dreams? I have taken my dream, started to shape it into reality, and it is coming along great. Give people a chance. You may be surprised what people can come up with! I may not be the greatest game developer in the world, but as long as I can create something that is fun to play, I don't need to be. So many people have been shot down from their ideas, from which could come the greatest game in history, but because these types of communities won't give them a chance, they don't happen. I DID NOT LET THAT HAPPEN WITH ME, AND I WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN!!! I am not saying that my idea will prosper, but no one (but God, and none of that "No religion in game design" crap) knows. It sounds very childish, but one dream can go extremely far. You should stop doing this to these poor people. You are proving immaturity when you shoot down people like this, even if you know they won't succeed (Which you can't know for sure). I hope you all come to see this soon.

-Jake
(Slowly becoming successful as the CEO OF JOQUAN PRODUCTIONS. I am grateful however, of some of you saving me the legal trouble with our former name. I didn't have a legal agent yet.)

PS - @OP, good idea, but you should post more information so people will be somewhat more attracted to joining you. I am willing to help you out and give you some advice on my spare time, but I am still busy operating my game studio. I don't want the money, as we are completely charitable. Any money we make will be donated to some type of charity.

Re: I'm searching a persons (unpaid) [Re: Joquan] #320750
04/24/10 07:06
04/24/10 07:06
Rasch Offline
Rasch  Offline

There are several reasons why i (and maybe all of the other) think that this "dream" will gonna fail:

1. Bad english, ist not a real reason but gives an bad impression.
2. He´s not telling anything about his idea. He just says I do "levels and music" there were several people which already posted same things like "create 50 games for me, plz" grin
3. Not getting paid for a game which is sentenced to get lost? Believe me nearly everyone had make this experience.
4. No one has ever heard of him. He can´t show anything he developed. No Quality infos...

The other ones for sure know better reasons but thats it why we just can laugh about projects like that. At the beginning of 3D Gamestudio i also made posts like that had dreams about large MMORPG´s and it also was refused. So i started with small things and it gave me the best results. Today i´m still having started projects which end in the depth of my harddisk ^^

Your opinion about the dreams is absolutely correct. But everyone dreams his own dream.

Sad but trueeee laugh

Re: I'm searching a persons (unpaid) [Re: Rasch] #320754
04/24/10 09:22
04/24/10 09:22
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
Rasch is right, we just try to advoid that they get mad, because everyone wanted to make a mix of CSS CoD4 WoW and so on. but they will give up and then they will also give up game development, we just want to show them, that they should start with a mini game.

They think that game developement is easy and you just have to place some models an levels... tadaa. but its not so easy.

Last edited by alibaba; 04/24/10 09:24.

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: I'm searching a persons (unpaid) [Re: alibaba] #320766
04/24/10 12:50
04/24/10 12:50
Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

Ä°stanbul, Turkey
@Joquan, probably because he/she is the 120387129870986140123462314th people with the same dream, and giving the same "fail" feel.

Re: I'm searching a persons (unpaid) [Re: Rasch] #320785
04/24/10 16:24
04/24/10 16:24
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline
Joquan  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Rasch
There are several reasons why i (and maybe all of the other) think that this "dream" will gonna fail:

1. Bad english, ist not a real reason but gives an bad impression.
2. He´s not telling anything about his idea. He just says I do "levels and music" there were several people which already posted same things like "create 50 games for me, plz" grin
3. Not getting paid for a game which is sentenced to get lost? Believe me nearly everyone had make this experience.
4. No one has ever heard of him. He can´t show anything he developed. No Quality infos...

The other ones for sure know better reasons but thats it why we just can laugh about projects like that. At the beginning of 3D Gamestudio i also made posts like that had dreams about large MMORPG´s and it also was refused. So i started with small things and it gave me the best results. Today i´m still having started projects which end in the depth of my harddisk ^^

Your opinion about the dreams is absolutely correct. But everyone dreams his own dream.

Sad but trueeee laugh

BAD ENGLISH??? You make me laugh for two reasons. You have misspelled quite a few things on this previous post, plus the guy even mentioned that he is from Finland! Wow, pay attention more?

Also, he may not have a clue on what he wants to do yet. Maybe he just wanted to create some cool horror game?

@alibaba Game design doesn't HAVE to be hard. I started with the Sphere RPG engine, with NO CODING KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER, and most of the communities that I showed my project on, said they liked it because of the game play and the graphics are similar to the old DOS games. Also, if he/she has a hard time with A7 or Lite-C, he should try Sphere or GameMaker 8. Sure it is more beginner-oriented, but it is capable of creating games that could compete with some of those that are already out there.

@Quadraxas You told me that, and I refused to believe it. There are a lot of people who do have the idea, BUT, there are a select few that actually make it. I aim to be one of them. Another example:

Look at Andrew Gower. He created DeviousMUD, which evolved into RuneScape, the world's number 1 free online game. At this time, he was starting to think about getting a company to manage his games, because GamesDomain went down. He, his brother, and Constant Tedder all worked hard to make their dreams become real, and Jagex was formed. It continued to grow over the next 11 years, and now Jagex are the UK's largest independent game developers. THAT is what I am going to work for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de