Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba), 1,184 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: ventilator] #324199
05/19/10 20:29
05/19/10 20:29
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline OP
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline OP
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
@ Ventilator:
"how does this affect you in germany?"
Have you watched the video in the first post? (first 40 seconds)

It is not fearmongering that made me take action. It is the fact the all western countries are like "we have to respect radical islamists" while they are marching in, burning our flags etc etc.

Of course there are normal islamists. BUT a "normal" religous person wouldnt care about cartoons of their god or whatever.

And it is my goddamn right to say that muhammad is in my opinion a dickhead. Just like i say that the bible is bullshit. This has nothing to do with offense. It is just my personal opinion which i am allowed to express.

And it is not even my goal to offend them.

But you cant tell me that those guys here are just having a barbecue:

They are trying to offend.

And tomorrow i will draw Mohammad just to show them that they havent succesfully repressed my rights.
Thats all there is. And there is nothing wrong with it.

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: sebcrea] #324202
05/19/10 20:32
05/19/10 20:32
old_bill Offline
Senior Expert
old_bill  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: sebcrea
You stated it "I don't care if this action turns against muslims, christians, owners of cats or users of a certain after shave. It's easy to see that it will offend some people, people who have never done anything bad to you, people you don't even know and that's why it's bullshit."

You talk about action against somebody , this is about speech so clearly you confuse the two which lets me to believe you don't understand western freedeom of speech.

From the opponents party your freedom of speech is an attack on their own personal values, so it's clearly an action because your freedom of speech harms the others personal ... let's call it point of view.
Besides the discussion whether it's freedom of speech or not, what is your personal benefit in showing those cartoons, as apparently this only causes anger on the other side? The personal satisfaction of "hey, I can post this, no matter if I insult the other or not, I dont care!" ?

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

They are working to take away my rights, don't I get to do something about that?

And you think, that by making them even more upset you're going to change something into a positive solution for both?

Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Puppeteer] #324203
05/19/10 20:39
05/19/10 20:39
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Originally Posted By: Puppeteer
@ Ventilator:
It is not fearmongering that made me take action. It is the fact the all western countries are like "we have to respect radical islamists" while they are marching in, burning our flags etc etc.

Respecting radical islamists? Marching in??? Wtf?

And it is my goddamn right to say that muhammad is in my opinion a dickhead. Just like i say that the bible is bullshit. This has nothing to do with offense.

Yes, that's your right. The only thing you forgot is that you're hurting religious feelings of other people with such statements. And for no reason and no effect. That's not kind.

And tomorrow i will draw Mohammad just to show them that they havent succesfully repressed my rights. Thats all there is. And there is nothing wrong with it.

There is wrong with it that you disrespect other people.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Uhrwerk] #324206
05/19/10 20:49
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline OP
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline OP
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
Oh we hurt their feelings. Those poor islamists.
SERIOUSLY. There were a bunch of cartoons and a mob of radical islamists came shouting "We want danish blood".

Please watch this video and say again that you totally disagree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7ok4njJXI8
If you are able to seriously do it i will rest my case on this topic too.

Formally known as Omega
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #324207
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

That looks more like Achmed to me.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Puppeteer] #324209
05/19/10 20:55
05/19/10 20:55
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
You did not get my point. I don't care about the radical islamists. I don't give a fuck about them. But I do give a fuck about all the other peaceful people believing in islam, that are gonna be offended by these cartoons. There is even a chance that some of them will turn more radical as you make fun of their religion.

I have the right to draw any picture that offends you, Puppeteer. I agree. But if I made an image that offended you in order to show you my rights it was just dumb, offensive and wouldn't lead to any other result than resignation or agression. You do nothing good with this.

EDIT: And hence, yes. I totally disagree with the video. Free speech is one of the most valuable things we have. But this action does not save our free speech, it's just a dumb and offensive action.

Last edited by Uhrwerk; 05/19/10 20:57.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Uhrwerk] #324221
05/19/10 21:32
05/19/10 21:32
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Let them become as radical as they can, maybe they reach above the highest ethical levels of free-speech society to undertake serious action, and be done with the extremists for good. There is no other way to solve it, it seems. Better have another bloody war for both side once and be done with it, than extremists spoiling blood on free-speech people, while they don't dare to do anything back other than DISCUSS IT UNTIL ETERNITY.

Disclaimer. I'm not part of either party, no extremist nor full freedom. When I can, I'll withdraw from mass-society and live in peace in a small local medieval eco-village, focussing on survival rather than revenge and power. Mass-societies just screw the planet. Until then, sarcasm all the way grin.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Uhrwerk] #324223
05/19/10 21:34
05/19/10 21:34
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline OP
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline OP
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
Now i get your point. And i agree.
But i still think we have to do something about radical islamists.
And even though it might be childish and wont save free speech, i will still participate tomorrow.

[And even though i dont like saying it tongue : your point kinda opened my eyes. Thanks for that.]

Formally known as Omega
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Puppeteer] #324226
05/19/10 21:38
05/19/10 21:38
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

@Uhrwerk Actually who have no point, you trying to appease these tactics never worked in history, appeasement never secured freedom. Muslims also think that you shouldn't drink alcohol or eat pork I hope you not doing that because that could be an offense to the less enlightened muslims. You should care about radical islam und all the people who will become radical because of some pictures becasue they don't know anything about how a civil society works and they will also not defend your freedom of speech.

Have the jews,hindus,christians aso. became more radical because of funny cartoons about them ?

The real problem is not that pictures are drawn of Muhammed (because that happened in the islamic world before and nobody was offended by it in the past), the problem for these folks is that now the infidels(2nd class) draw these pictures which is not allowed in their mind.

I really hope that more enlightened muslims stand up for these freedoms because that is going to make a difference. People want to sound tolerant by saying lets not offend them, but where were they when the iran make a cartoon contest about the holocaust(which no problem they also can express what they want) or the taliban destroying the Bubba statues but I see jews and budists are not treatening with death.

The reason why we already lost alot of freedoms is becasue of people like Uhrwerk, people (as he says) don't give a fuck but want to educate others on what to do.

Tolerance out of fear is no tolerance.

Since this argument will not be settled I'am going to stop here, big thanks to Michael Schwarz, Puppeteer,Lukas,Hummel you really seem to have an understanding what freedom of speech means.

Happy Everybody Draw Muhammed Day!

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: sebcrea] #324232
05/19/10 22:10
05/19/10 22:10
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
Quote:
Of course there are normal islamists.
BUT a "normal" religous person wouldnt care about cartoons of their god or whatever.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativismus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativism

#define normal 42

no science involved
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite